It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insurgents Using Chem Weapons !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Insurgents Using Chem Weapons - On Themselves?

Here we go again, no it's not nukes or nerve gas, it's an '___' type of drug used by the insurgents to continue fighting after being shot several times.

Remember angel dust, the drug that when taken it turn people in to crazies, or super human.

We all have seen on TV the cops program, when they catch a guy on angel dust they go crazy after being arrested, they bounce their .s off concrete walls and keep bouncing back until they break something or pass out, well this is what the insurgents are using in the WOT in Iraq.

David Hambling

December 7, 2005 07:22 AM | Bizarro, Chem-Bio, War Update

Agent Buzz

The story starts over a year ago with a Marine blogger in Iraq. On June 2nd 2004 "The Green Side" - we’ll get back to the signficance of this source later - describes suicidal attacks by insurgents in Fallujah: “We could not understand why they kept coming but they did.” The reason, it turned out, was drugs: “…these ‘holy warriors’ are taking drugs to get high before attacks. It true, as we pushed into the town in April many Marines came across drug paraphernalia (mostly heroin). Recently, we have gotten evidence of them using another drug BZ that makes them high and very aggressive.”

www.defensetech.org...

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Those who fight the US military in Iraq had better start using drugs, or else they drive themselves crazy thinking about when the US military presence is going to leave. Because it seems as if this will not happen any time soon. They probably read Bush's news 'Plan for Strategy of National Continous Victory or whatnot' and thought, 'this guy is crazy'.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I doubt sombody who believs in there religion enough to die for it, would contradict it in such a bad way by taking heroin... Looks like more propoganda to me, the US trying again to make the resistance look bad, just like they have will all the kidnappings and bombings.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Are you implying that everyone who fights against the United States is extremely religious? Arab != religious. That's just an assumption that many make. That point aside there are many Islamic people that will sell or use heroin despite what the Koran says.

Afghan drug lords set up heroin labs
'It may be haram (forbidden by Islam), but there is drought, unemployment and no other way to make my living."

Coalition troops seize $30 million in heroin
Coalition troops have seized $30 million worth of heroin intended for sale on Iraqi streets by rebel cleric Muqtada al-Sadr's militia

some members of the Mahdi's Army were "under the influence [while] fighting

the heroin trade was so pervasive that militia members were known as the "pink army" — named after the red plastic bags they use to peddle the drugs.

You can find dozens and dozens of stories like this. Just search Google news for the topic of interest.

[edit on 8-12-2005 by dbates]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
This is certainly nothing new in this ongoing and historically repeatable war between 'the west' or christianity and 'the terrorists' aka islam or the turks in the 16th Centuary.

The Order of the Knights of St. John who were in their time (the crusades and after) the most powerfull military and economic and political group, or force... truly a superpower of their day, had a very famous and one of the most spectactular in the pre 19thCentuary world battles. The Knights who had a massive base on Malta in the Opening of the Mediteranean, where besieged by the then current day 'terrorists' namely the Ottaman/Turks (Islamic). One of the tactics used by the brilliant if egotistical Turkist general, was to get the first waves of attackers ready in ceremonies, similair to modern day "Jihadists" and World War 2 'Kamakaze' pilots. After these had taken place the suicide bombers of the day were then ordered to eat and consume masive amounts of Hashish or Cannabis. With cermonies, chanting and then a day long brainwashing and excitement inducing actions the waves of attackers were sent off. To some considerable effect to. Basically a drug induced pyschotic single minded state was engineered. This is interesting as as a result of this incident the modern term "Assasin" was developed...from the current latin/english/french spoke by the Knights and descriptions of the 'hashassins' that attacked them!

Hey tongue in Cheek if i was running at a marine with an M16 I would want to be high....really this is no differant to how high most of the current occupying troops are anyhow.... and even though on a less scale than how much coc aine and heroin the american gi's took in Vietnam.

MischeviouslyRememberingToUnderstandThePresent

Regards,

Elf.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Do we think the insurgents are deliberately using BZ on themselves? Given that it is supposed to be an incapacitant, there is an obvious alternative explanation.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by HiddenReality
I doubt sombody who believs in there religion enough to die for it, would contradict it in such a bad way by taking heroin... Looks like more propoganda to me, the US trying again to make the resistance look bad, just like they have will all the kidnappings and bombings.

LOL, ok these would be the same people who believe it is ok to kill women and children ? Simple fact is, Islam has been bastardised by these people and their leaders, they no longer know what it is to be a true Muslim

I imagine their drug taking is a conscious effort by them to segregate their morals from their actions, they know what they are doing is unholy.

Do we think the insurgents are deliberately using BZ on themselves? Given that it is supposed to be an incapacitant, there is an obvious alternative explanation.

The chemical BZ, also known as “agent buzz” was produced at Pine Bluff Arsenal between 1962 and 1965. It was dropped from the chemical arsenal because its effects on enemy front-line troops would be varied and unpredictable.
BZ is usually disseminated as an aerosol with the primary route of entry into the body through the respiratory system; the secondary route is through the digestive tract. BZ blocks the action of acetylcholine in both the peripheral and central nervous systems. As such, it lessens the degree
and extent of the transmission of impulses from one nerve fiber to another through their connecting synaptic junctions. It stimulates the action of noradrenaline (norepinephrine) in the brain, much as do amphetamines and coc aine. Thus, is may induce vivid hallucinations as it sedates the victim. Toxic delirium is very common.

chppm-www.apgea.army.mil...

Hmm sounds like the perfect drug for insurgents/terrorists to me

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
As noted, the Assasin sect in the middle ages is said to have been users of hash. But this is questionable. Also, the nazis reportedly used crystal meth to keep their troops wildly aggressive and active.

The report notes that BZ was reported to possibly have been developed by the iraqis and that it can incapacitate or ramp up agression. Besides, this is based on one intelligent officer's blog. We don't know what made him find out it was BZ.

If the US was using chemical weapons in iraq, then it wouldn't use knock-out weapons.

As far as it being against the religion, so is killing civilians and warring against the state. The insurgents can justify all sorts of things, no reason why they wouldn't be willing to take a drug that lets them push through a hail of bullets.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by HiddenReality

The "resistance" IS bad! They target innocent Iraq women and Children. The kill Iraqis who vote. They are murders!

Looks like you are the one being duped by propoganda my friend.

-- Boat

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
The "resistance" IS bad! They target innocent Iraq women and Children. The kill Iraqis who vote. They are murders!

Looks like you are the one being duped by propoganda my friend.

-- Boat

Actually its the US/UK who bombs innocent people, like the UK soldiers got caught a few months back. The only propaganda here is what you are being spoon fed. If the resistance was that BAD, and the people of Iraq didnt support it then it wouldnt exist. It takes more then a few people to build and organize daily bombings ambushes and mortar attacks.

You are worse then the resistance who accidently may harm a child or woman, because you support your airforce indiscriminantly bombing houses, hospitals and schools, to you this is acceptable and not murder.

Im just so proud this poor victimized opressed Iraqi freedom fighters have managed to take out over 2000 invading murdering soldiers who have the best military in the world, even with the overwhelming force America has it is beaten hard by untrained civilians using homemade bombs.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
it wouldnt suprise me if this is happening , giving drugs to your troops to make them more effective eg amphetamine has a long history

guns.connect.fi...
www.wired.com...
www.channel4.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
"If the US was using chemical weapons in iraq, then it wouldn't use knock-out weapons"

Why not? BZ would be the perfect deniable weapon - how could anyone ever prove that the US was using it?

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
If the "insurgents" are self medicating with this BZ stuff. Why term it as a "Chemical weapon"?

Used in this manner, it is no more a chemical weapon then the amphetamines that the allied forces have the option of using.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
If the "insurgents" are self medicating with this BZ stuff. Why term it as a "Chemical weapon"?

Used in this manner, it is no more a chemical weapon then the amphetamines that the allied forces have the option of using.

Agreed. It shouldnt be a chemical weapon. However to the other part of the paragraph, we dont have soldiers and Marines to take drugs so they dont get scared as well and just charge at the enemy. Thats for insurgents to do that.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This is nothing new, the insurgents take drugs so they can keep fighting even after taking hits that normal people would die from. It happened in 92 in Somalia, Somali rebels were high on Khat(sp). I’ve seen footage and reports from Marines saying how some of the insurgents in Fallujah amazed them because they continued to keep moving even after being hit 2-3 times.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The battlefield of Fallujah was literally covered with the syringes the terrorists had used. Some soldiers reported blowing off peoples faces and they were still fighting. One story was that an insurgent was running and gunning while his intestines dragged behind him.

[edit on 20-12-2005 by Dronetek]

top topics

join