It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Iran: Israel should be moved to Europe

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who recently called for Israel to be 'wiped off map,' continued his anti-Israel rhetoric Thursday afternoon, denying the Holocaust and calling on Germany and Austria to create a Jewish State within their borders

today.reuters.co.uk
"Some European countries insist on saying that (Adolf) Hitler killed millions of innocent Jews in furnaces and they insist on it to the extent that if anyone proves something contrary to that they condemn that person and throw them in jail," IRNA quoted Ahmadinejad as saying.

"If the Europeans are honest they should give some of their provinces in Europe -- like in Germany, Austria or other countries -- to the Zionists and the Zionists can establish their state in Europe. You offer part of Europe and we will support it," he added.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is showing himself to be fundamentally contradicting the norms of international behavior and decency.

I really hope that anyone who had illusions about the true nature of the Iranian regime has received these recent remarks as a wake up call.

Related News Links:
msnbc.msn.com
news.bbc.co.uk
www.albawaba.com

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Why shoudl the europeans give part of europe to the israelis? The europeans owned palestine, and thus gave part of their own territory to the israelis, just not part of europe. The UN supported this. The israelis expanded after some wars with a pan-arab alliance, which they utterly defeated. The arabs are lucky that its only the palestinians that are under occupation, and not baghdad, egypt, mecca, jordan, etc.

Besides, whats Iran going to do about it? They have no ability to fight an actual war against israel.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Ahmadinejad is as crazy as an outhouse rat, it's fortunate that he has no real power. I never thought I'd be rooting for an entrenched bureaucracy against a democratically elected leader, but here we are.

Interesting article in Newsweek, Religion Versus Reality, about Ahmadinejad's increasingly strained relationship with the mullahs on the Revolutionary Council.

Iran may be a nasty theocracy, but it's no monolithic evil empire. Indeed, the country's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, said before last June's election that "the existence of two factions [conservative and reformist] serves the regime, like the two wings of a bird." But Ahmadinejad's messianic message has shaken the boughs of the establishment and created turmoil within the conservative leadership at a time when Iran is involved in crucial international negotiations over its nuclear program. Khamenei is said to have thrown his support behind Ahmadinejad just two days before the election last June, supposedly at the urging of his son, Mojtaba. But some experts now believe Khamenei regrets his decision and fears Ahmadinejad more than he did the previous president, Mohammad Khatami, who though a reformist at least supported the status quo.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
removed by author, posted on another thread.

[edit on 12/8/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
it's implied in the first quote listed.

some europeans insist....

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
i dont know exactly what kind of power, if any, this guy holds, but if he is indeed only a figure head it still begs the question why are the powers that be letting him run off at the mouth? are they trying to provoke a fight, or are they just attempting to assertain what kind of reaction his inflammatory remarks will have?

we all know that what he says in public is basically what the mullahs are preaching in private everyday, so its not like this is anything new....but it is very strange to be coming from the government itself. really makes you wonder what is brewing.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Who cares what this clown says all thats happening here is Iran testing and antagonizing Israel, who lets remember is the ONLY country in the region with nuclear weapons. So they are not totally inoccent in anything that happens in the whole region or the attitudes towards them.

As a persion/jew myself nothing would make me happier than for the country of my birth to lose it theocracy that I know has prevented it from becoming a powerhouse in the region, economically, technologically and politically.

Thus also becoming a true democracy many people in Iran desire the western lifestyle but distrust America, rightly so. I do only mean distrust not dislike I have family there and if our govt(USA) was more compassionate in there behavior towards Iran it would surprise a lot of people the positive feedback they would recieve from the people.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
For 2000 years the jewish saying at passover has been "next year in jerusalem". I figure they have a very solid legitimate claim to the region.

The scary thing is the absence of dissent from Irans own people over such statements.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This is really a great idea. Or even move them over to the US, after all there is more jewish people there then Israel.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Since I place no creedance what-so-ever in the concept that a place can be "holy" I have no problem with moving Israel in its entirety to somewhere better. Yes, I said better. Better, meaning that all of your neighbors don't want to see you and everything you stand for destroyed. Better, meaning that the land you live in actually has some resources that haven't been squandered and bloodied by turf wars for the past 3000 years.

If anything is actually "holy" on this planet, it is people, not places. 3000 years of death, destruction and hatred, all over a piece of polluted, relatively non-productive land is just stupid and insane. God (if one exists) must be so proud.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
umm, ambient....maybe you are forgetting the last 2000 years of hatred and discrimination the jewish people have had to deal with in europe? forgetting for a second what hitler did to them, they have been second class citizens in just about every european country they have lived in. what makes you think that this time would be any different? especially with the rise of muslim populations in many european countries.

Sep

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
i dont know exactly what kind of power, if any, this guy holds, but if he is indeed only a figure head it still begs the question why are the powers that be letting him run off at the mouth?

Iran had a President before, in the early 80s, who had very close resemblance to Ahmadinejad. His name was Mohammad Ali Rajai. After a few weeks of him being the President he had a bomb put under his chair, which destroyed him to the extent that his wife wasn't able to recognize him afterwards. That was done because at the time Rajai didn’t have support from any institution.

Right now this cannot be repeated and the reason for it is that Ahamdinejad is from a political group known as "Abadgaran". This group have the majority in the parliament, are mostly from military backgrounds and hence have the backing of the military and run most of the city and village councils. Shutting him up is a very difficult task, although his power has been drastically reduced and given to the moderate, former President Rafsanjani.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
IMHO thats not a bad idea if they proposed that during the creation of Israel. Infact part of Germany should have been the New Israel since it came to being in part because of WW2 and the Holocaust.

Its alittle late now though.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by helium3
This is really a great idea. Or even move them over to the US, after all there is more jewish people there then Israel.

Why not just move the Palestinians to another muslim country?
They have many to choose from but israel is the only Jewish country there is.

The Jews were already kicked out of Persia, Mecca, Babylonia, etc... why should they be pushed out yet again?

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
umm, ambient....maybe you are forgetting the last 2000 years of hatred and discrimination the jewish people have had to deal with in europe?

Well, I don't recall specifying Europe. I have no problem inviting them to the USA. Since we already let millions of Mexicans in, what harm will 6.2 million more from Israel do? I expect they would be better prepaired to contribute to our country than most of the people immigrating to the US these days.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   
lmao...ok, you got me there. cant disagree with that assertion.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Because kicking people out of their homes is wrong, maybe?

How about just find a solution that lets the Palestinians and the Jews keep their homes, or is that too reasonable or sane or something?

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

They have many to choose from but israel is the only Jewish country there is.

The Jews were already kicked out of Persia, Mecca, Babylonia, etc... why should they be pushed out yet again?

maybe because the Palestinians where there first. Why not look into the real proplem here .look at how one ethnic group can be kick out of so many countrys. Dont tell me so many countrys all can be wrong ?. I could understand if its was just spain that kicked out the jews. We could pencil that up to a disagreement on beliefs cultures and so on.But "Persia, Mecca, Babylonia, etc" as you said there has to be a good reason there.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Why not look into the real proplem here .look at how one ethnic group can be kick out of so many countrys. Dont tell me so many countrys all can be wrong ?. I could understand if its was just spain that kicked out the jews. We could pencil that up to a disagreement on beliefs cultures and so on.But "Persia, Mecca, Babylonia, etc" as you said there has to be a good reason there.

No, there doesn't have to be a "good reason".

Oh, there is a reason, its just not a good one. It's called religion and is responsible or has been used to justify about 90% of the hate and destruction humans have done to each other on this planet. Your words quoted above make you sound like a bigot.

Nice way to keep the hate going...

Sep

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   
didnt mean to post anything

[edit on 9-12-2005 by Sep]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join