It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the HELL!! are masons??!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Ive herd alot of banter about masons most of you hate them but what the hell are they?!

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE
most of you hate them but what the hell are they?!

That comment is far from accurate.

A mason is a member of a secret society (private group) called freemasonry. Every mason that I have known proved to be a good man that just wanted to better themselves. Nothing more nothing less.

This is only my opinion...

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
So these "freemasons" what do they do?

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Study, Memorize...a lot, drink, eat and smoke cigars.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE
most of you hate them but what the hell are they?!

Originally post[ed by kinglizard

That comment is far from accurate.

A mason is a member of a secret society (private group) called freemasonry. Every mason that I have known proved to be a good man that just wanted to better themselves. Nothing more nothing less.

Freemasonry is a fraternal organization, not secret. Secret Societies, do NOT put their address and phone numbers in phone books, advertise meetings (time, date, place), nor do they congregate in public, list their membership, mark and identify their buildings, wear distinguishing jewelry, or put bumper stickers on their cars... Freemasons do all of that and more... All this makes the concept of Freemasonry being "secret" moot. Freemasonry does have secrets... They are the modes of recognition (handshakes and passwords), and are only relevant to members.

Hope that helps.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
the masons are not a secret society...they are a society with secrets!

my masonic pal told me that.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I often find a little internet research does wonders in the way of answering questions.
Now unless this site is also a Masonic front, it could help you out...it looked generally non-biased.

My dad was also a Mason, but I don't know anything about it at all.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
W_A_G_D

Freemasons are a fraternity, some say the original fraternaty. The previous posts gave a good thumb nail sketch, if you'd like more detailed information I'd be glad to answer any questions you may have. There is a fair bit of mis-information on the web with the accurate.

Disipite kinglizards brief description (I'm a pipe smoker not a cigar smoker) he is not too far off the mark. We have traditionaly avoided publisity, or main purpose is to help each mason become the best person that they can be. We do have fun, raise money for charties, help others and mostly try and do these activies without beign noticed by the general public. We try and do good for it's own worth, not for recognition.

Bripe Klmun

As a father and a mason, I can assure you that your Dad would LOVE to talk with you about Masonry. Almost any question you could ask can be answered. I wish my sons would express an intrest.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Student
Bripe Klmun

As a father and a mason, I can assure you that your Dad would LOVE to talk with you about Masonry. Almost any question you could ask can be answered. I wish my sons would express an intrest.

Well, I'll never have the chance to ask...he's been dead since '01. We were never that close when it came to anything other than automotive repair and mowing the lawn...so I never really asked him about it. In that respect I take responsibility.

top topics

join