It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's president discounts holocaust and suggests moving Israel to Europe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Fresh from his international debacle of saying Israel shold be wiped off the map, iran's president has now stuck his country's other foot in its mouth by saying in a speech in Mecca that we (as in all iranians?) don't believe the holocaust stories, and that if Europeans feel so bad about what "supposedly" happened to the Jews, they should give up some of their land and move Israel to Europe!

article

Excerpt:
“Some European countries insist on saying that Hitler killed millions of innocent Jews in furnaces and they insist on it to the extent that if anyone proves something contrary to that they condemn that person and throw them in jail,” IRNA quoted Ahmadinejad as saying.

“Although we don’t accept this claim, if we suppose it is true, our question for the Europeans is: is the killing of innocent Jewish people by Hitler the reason for their support to the occupiers of Jerusalem?” he said.

“If the Europeans are honest they should give some of their provinces in Europe -- like in Germany, Austria or other countries -- to the Zionists and the Zionists can establish their state in Europe. You offer part of Europe and we will support it.”

It will be interesting to hear his supporters try to spin this into something positive. These statements by a head of state require nothing less than universal condemnation from world governments, the media and ATS board members.

[edit on 12/8/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I've got a better idea:

Let's wipe Iran off the map so we don't have to listen to this guy's crap any more...

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Naw,
just send him an all expense paid trip to a country like Austria.
They will just love him and will be more than willing to give him some nice cozy quarters where he can live for the next 20 or so years.
20 years is what I beleive the sentence (in Austria) is for denial of the holocost

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I've got a better idea:

Let's wipe Iran off the map so we don't have to listen to this guy's crap any more...

If anyone would say:

Let's wipe the US off the map so we don't have to listen to Bush, Rice, Cheney, whoevers crap any more.

the person would likely be considered a US national security risk or a terrorist ...

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix

I've got a better idea:

If anyone would say:

Let's wipe the US off the map so we don't have to listen to Bush, Rice, Cheney, whoevers crap any more.

the person would likely be considered a US national security risk or a terrorist ...

So, by your own statement, iran's president is a terrorist for suggesting that Israel be wiped off the map. Thank you for clarifying that.

All this fits "nicely" with the iranian president's earlier activities at the U.S. embassy in teheran.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

If anyone would say:

So, by your own statement, iran's president is a terrorist for suggesting that Israel be wiped off the map. Thank you for clarifying that.

Lol Intentionally missing the point are we now. Let me spell it out.

It goes both ways

Yes lets kill another hundred thousand people because of one mans rhetoric.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
With the Iranian President's apparent lust for power, I wonder how much behind the scenes manuevering is going on to take power from the Mullah's?

Some argue that Iran deserves it's own nukes simply due to sovereignty of the nation, but once that happens the Iranian Prez is nuts enough to use it.
Like all despots, when he does use the nukes he'll be somewhere safe and sound enjoying his Swiss millions if not billions and it will be the Iranian people who suffer the consequences.

I wonder as well how the Middle East would respond if Israel pulled up stakes and went somewhere else?
A far-fetched question I know, but the answer probably is, after the Arab on Arab bloodshed ceased and a particular Middle Eastern country took over Israel things would end up about the same as they have in Gaza.

That handover didn't seem to help the peace in any way, shape or form....

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

It goes both ways

Ah, yes! Now we get a good demonstration of the "two wrongs somehow make it right (as long as we're talking about our guy) defense".

No, I think we all get your point perfectly. Because another way to write what you said would be: "Let's all ignore one man's (who has his finger on the iranian nuclear button, or will soon) rhetoric and wait until he kills a couple hundred thousand people". That appeasement logic has always worked so well in the past. Yes, let's try it again.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
When the president of Iran said that Israel should be wiped off the map, did he mean by means of war, bombing or did he jsut mean shouldn't exist?

I guess I agree, if you want to be sympathetic to the problems of the Israelis (discendants of European immigrants) you should wipe Israel off the map by donating land to them in Europe.

Honestly, the Palestinians don't look like they will be letting go of any memories anytime soon. They can foget about the death of their father, but not as easily can they foget about the theft of their land.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by sardion2000

It goes both ways

Ah, yes! Now we get a good demonstration of the "two wrongs somehow make it right (as long as we're talking about our guy) defense".

No, I think we all get your point perfectly. Because another way to write what you said would be: "Let's all ignore one man's (who has his finger on the iranian nuclear button, or will soon) rhetoric and wait until he kills a couple hundred thousand people". That appeasement logic has always worked so well in the past. Yes, let's try it again.

That also goes both ways. If I'm not mistaken, if there is anyone who openly has considered pre-emptivly nuking other country's (even on the other side of the frigin world) and literaly has their fingers on the US nuke button its the US goverment.

cjf

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   

....and literaly has their fingers on the US nuke button its the the US goverment.

This is new
...get over it and move on...

How many other nations have nukes...?,,,pfft!

[edit on 8-12-2005 by cjf]

Sep

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 02:54 AM
link   
As an Iranian, I have to say that the remarks of the Iranian president is truly despicable and should be condemned internationally as well as internally as was done for his previous statements. Saying that holocaust did not happen is rather moronic in this age.

Also, I have to say that the aggressive remarks of some members on this board regarding my homeland is a cause for concern.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 05:02 AM
link   

I've got a better idea:

...and you Wanted to be an ATS Councelor?

Yeah Right!

If anybody would wanna Wipe the entire Country off the Planet, because their President that said something - then the United States would be One Big Crater ALONG time ago, my Friend.

But HEY - it is OK to say "Wipe Iran off the Map"!

They are "Terrorists" anyway, right?

[edit on 9/12/05 by Souljah]

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Reuter news

Germany is outrage about the comment Iran president made.

US also, and UN president Kofi Annan is shocked! Well I think someone is in very very deep trouble.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

I've got a better idea:

...and you Wanted to be an ATS Councelor?

Yeah Right!

If anybody would wanna Wipe the entire Country off the Planet, because their President that said something - then the United States would be One Big Crater ALONG time ago, my Friend.

But HEY - it is OK to say "Wipe Iran off the Map"!

They are "Terrorists" anyway, right?

[edit on 9/12/05 by Souljah]

Iran's President is bad mouthing Israel again, making comments that have rattled the entire world and you managed to weasel your flagerant Anti-anything American bias into the thread. Damn dude your obsession with all things American is getting outta control. Perhaps I could recommend a Surgeon to remove that rather sizable chip you are carrying. Just the other night while down at the Rusty Pelican (my favorite watering hole) I was enjoying a nice conversation with Norma the bartender, when this guy came strolling in carrying a quitar. When a stranger walks into the Rusty Pelican everyone takes notice cause their ain't a lot going on most nights if you get my meaning. Well he odered a beer and went and sat at a back table. I watched him as he took his guitar and starting strumming. Funny thing is he never moved his fingers along the neck. He made one cord and just kept playing that same cord over and over. Now I have seen people play a guitar before and I know that they move their fingers all along the neck to made the sound. This bothered me so much that I just had to walk up to him and tell him that he was doing it all wrong. I said "Excuse me but that isn't the way you play a quitar, I've see other fellows play and you gotta move your fingers up and down the neck to get the sound!" Well the guy just looked at me and smiled then said, "Those other fellows are searching for it, but I flat got it!"

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Whoflunggum, can you explain the meaining of your story there, I must have missed something?

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I got a better Idea,

Let's move Israel to the state of Texas so it can be safe and taken care off.

I think Texas is bigger enough and the Weather is just as good as the Weather in Israel.

Hey I am been nice here, like that we don't need to worry about poor Israel been targeted by all those evil countries around.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Yeah right like Israel would move anyway.
Iran's president is so bluntly and obviously making incredibly offensive and threatening comments yet some people on here don't care and even defend them. If our president said the things he is saying Souljah would be glued to the Computer posting as many threads and comments as he could about the great Satan.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris
Whoflunggum, can you explain the meaining of your story there, I must have missed something?

Sure ludaChris as they say in the Islands, "No problem mon, ery ting Irey!"
When I was a kid I had a dog named Rags(part pit bull, part collie), now Rags was a boys dog all the way, but Rags didn't like to take baths. My brother, Pete said he was the most stinking dog he ever smelled. Hey being a kid I thought that was a great accomplishment and I was damn proud that I owned the most stinking dog in the neighborhood, I was used too it and he didn't stink to me. Problem is Moma wasn't so impressed with Rag's aromatic fame. So, under threat of banishment, Rags had to have a bath. Moma got an old wash tub and filled it with water and it was my job to crawl under the house and drag Rags out kicking and screaming all the way. Like I said he didn't like baths. Well it took Moma, Pete and I to get him in the water and wash him. When Rags decided he was clean enough, he made a dash for freedom. Moma and Pete fell into the tub splashing water everywhere. I took off in close pursuit. I had never seen those short legs of his move so fast as he did that day. He was outta sight in no time. Later that afterrnoon Rags came back home. Glad to see him I ran up to give him a big hug when this awful odor knocked me back for a loop. Rags had found something absolutely rotten and wallowed in it. Having made his point it was the last attempt at giving him a bath however it did justify my chasing him around the yard with the water hose......that is until he took it away from me and chased me around the yard. What does this have to do with the topic? That is my point! Certain individuals on ATS have a tendency to not be able to see past their own nose. They have a one track mind, never varying or changing course even if proven wrong or off topic. If you build your house on a trash dump then you cannot complain about the smell of someone else's garbage! To truly understand my stories
and see the hidden meaning they hold then one has to know the American people, the way we think and the way we live. If you are American and do not understand then more than likely, you simply do not relate to the situation I am presenting and in that case I apologize for being vague. My main objective with my stories is to show a few select individuals that they do not know who we are or anything about us as much as they like to pretend they do. Say the wash tub is world opinion and take it from there!

[edit on 9-12-2005 by WHOFLUNGGUM]

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Hey WHOFLUNGGUM,

*mod edit*
As you see, there are people besides me, who have no idea what you are talking about.

marg6043 - I think that we should move Isreal to Texas also! That is an Excellent Idea!

Next thing we should do, is Return all the Land stolen, back to the Native North American Indian Population.

Fair&Square?

[edit on 9-12-2005 by Amuk]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join