It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2006 or 2012? When Will It Happen?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
There are rampant predictions all over this board and other places either about a disaster or nuclear war or alien war/contact/intervention or natural disaster. But the predictions contridict each other about the dates. It seems either 2006 (November?) or sometime in 2012 seem to be the most popular dates.

What is the consensus? Can anyone clear it up?

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
My guess: June 6, 2006

But only god knows

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jupiter869
There are rampant predictions all over this board and other places either about a disaster or nuclear war or alien war/contact/intervention or natural disaster. But the predictions contridict each other about the dates. It seems either 2006 (November?) or sometime in 2012 seem to be the most popular dates.

Yes, nuclear thing, sometime, natural thing, sometime, alien thing, never.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
When will it happen?

IMO

It already has started happening. Natural disasters from quakes and storms seem to be picking up in frequency although many would not agree with me. Wars, though they've been constant, like, forever, are taking on a different scope. i.e. war on drugs, war on terror, war for profit (as in blood diamonds or oil in 3rd world countries). War just seems to be another business financed by corporations. Although it likely always was that way, we just believed differently.

We learn that our bodies are full of scary chemicals, our air is full of contaminants, our food is processed pigslop, our water is unfit to drink and getting scarce...so, if things are going to get worse, which every indication shows it will, then the future is not looking very bright to me.

We have normally peaceful religions growing radical factions bent on destruction and mayhem. We even have normally good people saying it's perfectly fine to torture some-one 'if they deserve it'. That's not a good sign to me.

So...when is it going to happen? Take a good look around...it already is!

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Ok, we're talking about other people's predictions not mine, but I am wary of these. Once I get to next year's august and nothing resembles, how can I say it... Drop it like it's NOT!

2005 (December 23 or 24th) there is supposed to be a big earthquake to set off tribulation. Then one of the bible code websites (exodus2006.com?)mentioned January 3rd, 2006 being a bloody day at the UN. USA military draft in 2006. Also something I vaguely remember about Mar-Apr-May 2006 more bloodshed. August 3rd, 2006 is supposed to be another very, very bloody day.

Three comets are supposed to hit the earth in this 7 year period. One in the atlantic, one by Chicago great lakes, and another one in Ethiopia. One is supposed to occur in 2007. (note: I could see a comet hitting us as an excuse to unite the world against otherworld threat as Kissinger and Reagan have talked about in the past speeches) December 23, 2012 would be 7 years into it, but all this is just speculation as well as possible warning to be ready. Take it how you want it.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 03:34 AM
link   
the only reason for the increas in natural disaters is because we have the technology to see it and more populated aeras are in the way of them

war hahaha war? war is natural cycle of humanity

alien invasion unlikley,why would they want to contact a savage race in constant war and we don't want them meeting bush most likley fire every god damn nuke he has at them

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 04:07 AM
link   
All I can say is that many if not all of the people on this board will live to see some light of the things to come. Some may come to people in dreams, others may come in their reality. It all depends on who wants to see them.
Its like the old saying "Ignorance is Bliss"

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by lepracornman
the only reason for the increas in natural disaters is because we have the technology to see it and more populated aeras are in the way of them

war hahaha war? war is natural cycle of humanity

Ppl really like to believe these myths, cause it helps you to ignore reality and therefore keeps you from being scared.

Population and technology is not growing faster than natural disasters and wars, so you can't say that's the reason.

As well as the increase in natural disasters and war etc... the World is in a classic denial mode. Even when a city in our own country is destroyed, people still deny anything is wrong.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Somewhere else on this board it says that Yellowstone will explode next year, that would definitely make people wake up to the idea. If there was Global panic it would be worse than no one noticing, wouldn't it?

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
There's expected to be an increasing frequency and magnitude of natural and manmade catastrophies (or both?). Prophecies from all the major religions/philosophies basically express the same thing. We live in EXTREMELY exciting and scary times. When I think about this stuff I wonder if we all are lucky or unlucky to be living in this era(?). What actually scares me the most is that all of our 'institutions' are falling apart so damn quickly (political, religious, economic, social, etc.) and NO ONE has any real-world ideas as how to fix it - it's like having a dream of a trainwreck in progress but in slow motion and everyone onboard is just staring out the window - WAKE UP!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtlantisAgain it's like having a dream of a trainwreck in progress but in slow motion and everyone onboard is just staring out the window - WAKE UP!!!

The perfect analogy.

That's the way I see it as well. Just for that sentence alone Ill spend a wats.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jupiter869

I doubt there can be a consensus...as there's too many religious or cultural viewpoints

I know i can't clear it up, i can only report on some more 'understandings'
here are two urls, ...Timeline for Future Events & Future Map
(try not to shrug off because they are catholic prophecy/predictions)

both are long-ish, 4-5 pages of 1 paragraph items concerning different years.....but neither link makes any exceptional note of year 2006,
but both address the year 2012 or the immediate times near that date.

excerpt from FutureMap

#: About 2012 -- After the Arabs attack Rome, the Pope will be forced to flee Vatican City. He will be captured by the Arab soldiers and taken to Syria. He will be put on trial and an unjust sentence will be handed against him. He will be blinded and taken to Iraq to be emprisoned there. This Pope will bie a martyr, in a prison in Iraq. This Pope will be the second pope after John Paul II. The one St. Malachi calls "Peter the Roman"

-dtd 23 January 2005- www.catholicplanet.com...

then, the other link, more or less repeats the above excerpt,
but...prior to that....(it seems more important that a Pope meets his demise- than the start of WWIII)

-excerpt from 5 more pages-

2010: World War III begins. Early in the war, the Arabs nuke New York City
The war continues for many years; millions upon millions will die.

2011/2012: The Arabs begin to threaten, attack, invade, and conquer territory in Europe.

During World War III: there will be many outbreaks of civil violence, rioting, looting, and other violent crimes, even in the nations not directly taking part in the war.
-dtd April 26, 2005-
www.catholicplanet.com...
change the end of that address to [ /articles-index.htm ] for more reads

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

side bar item 2008: Hilary Clinton elected U.S. President
this is in the 1st item of timeline events...
you might understand why i took everything outlined later with
'a grain of salt' ,or else found it all incredulous

...hey, feed your head

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Because the US is not properly training Iraqi soldiers, when the US finally pulls out of Iraq, that will probably have a lot to do with the start of a WWIII. And the timeline for it happening in 2006 could be right. So maybe 2006 is the beginning of the end and 2012 is the final whammy... whatever that may be.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
yellowstone will not explode next year, believe me i have done a project on, watched all there is to know about it Discovery/science channel, been through hours of lectures on it in geology class and i can assure you it will not explode next year, may-be 100 years from now or more but surely it will not explode in our lifetime... if im wrong ill buy everyone on ats a steak

as for when will the end be, well 2006 is just a couple days away, 22 to be exact, and i really hope that nothing happens then. As 2012, well again i hope nothing happens cuz i want to live to have children
, other than that we will have to see what happens in the next six years..

also about the 3 comets hitting the earth, did any of you guys here about the asterioid on cnn.

[edit on 11-12-2005 by ATSGUY]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Heres some speculation. From 2006 to 2011 the preparations for the move will be taken care of. Like spring cleaning. the slate will be pretty much wiped clean, then in 2012 the new start will be able to go ahead.
Like a construction project, demolish the old building, clean the site, build the new building. The new place will be great, but I hate moving.
If you want an omelette, you have to break a few eggs.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
well said except you forgot the part about evryone being destroyed.lol jp

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The odds of winning the lottery are about 14 million to 1. I'd say the odds of surviving would be at least twice that! So don't worry.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
All things end. People die. Think about this, entire generations are dead. no one alive in the 1800's is alive today. Even if the world dosnt end in 2012,none of us will be here in 200 years. What difference will it really make if it ends in another week. I dont Know about you but I know I cant do crap about it.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The more things change the more they stay the same.
I just have one little fussbudget comment. There are actually folks alive today who were alive in the 1800's...... I know I know.
It is a moot point but I couldn't resist.
If death is right beside you for every step of your life, you may as well make it your friend.
No one here gets out alive.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
The more things change the more they stay the same.
I just have one little fussbudget comment. There are actually folks alive today who were alive in the 1800's...... I know I know.
It is a moot point but I couldn't resist.
If death is right beside you for every step of your life, you may as well make it your friend.
No one here gets out alive.

Well, I was trying to illustrate a pointbut yeah. Everyone who ever lived on the planet from befor lets say 300 years ago are dead. However my point was since there is nothing we can do about it and we are all going to die anyway we should embrace life and live it to its fullest!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join