It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satellites? What?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 06:07 AM
link   
This past summer, spending much of it in northern MN, USA, I saw (many times) what I think were satellites crossing the sky (generally south to north).

Can anyone help me? What were these things?

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I don't think you are supposed to be able to see satellites in the northern hemisphere as they are only supposed to be orbiting the southern hemisphere. Nor do I think that satellites travel south to north. It should be east/west in direction.

If they were satellites, they were secret military/government ones. Though I doubt this is the case.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
I don't think you are supposed to be able to see satellites in the northern hemisphere as they are only supposed to be orbiting the southern hemisphere. Nor do I think that satellites travel south to north. It should be east/west in direction.

If they were satellites, they were secret military/government ones. Though I doubt this is the case.

I've seen a few of them, the most recent being the beginning of the year, towards the tail end of last winter when the skys were still pretty clear. I can vouch for others here too who have seen satellites passing overhead (we're in the Northern Hemisphere)

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
A good tool for checking satellite positions can be found here:
liftoff.msfc.nasa.gov...

As you can see from this, satellites can travel in any direction and are not limited to North/South or positions around Earth.

Steve Watkins
www.alienexistence.com...
UK UFO Petition

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   
On any night, you can see satellites nearly anywhere in the northern hemisphere. I see them every single night. You are seing polar orbiting satellite.

If you want some real fun, try spotting "irridium flares" there's a website that lists when they will occur. They are quite impressive.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Never mind irridium flares, what is up with UFO 10?! It's listed as a satellite...Go to the bottom of the list.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   
He he, that's a navy satellite.

Uhf Follow On 10 or something like that.

[Edited on 24-9-2003 by Zzub]

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 04:36 PM
link   
If you want to know what those satellites are looking at, use this program;

Link

Niffty isn't it.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 04:46 PM
link   
What a superb link, thanks!!

You can switch to IR and view live weather for the whole globe, amazing. Definitely a keeper.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   
No problemo, one of the reason I enjoy it so much. In Michigan weather is important to see real time. *Perk*

new topics

top topics

join