It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Leberman and the War on Christmas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Joe Leberman has run for the presidenial nomination, got respectable support, but obvousy didn't make it to prime time. He is
currently gearing up to get the nomination again.

Let's suppose he wins, and his Christmas cards only say 'Happy Hanukkah'?

Takes the 'holiday' thing into perspective, huh?

[edit on 8-12-2005 by curme]

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
He will send out Hanukkah cards for Hanukkah and Christmas Cards a week or two later for Christmas.

No problem.

[edit on 12/10/2005 by Classified Info]

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken, the President of the United States is the president of all the Americans, is he not? Hence, I concur with what was said - he would send out both Hannukah and Christmas cards... besides, didn't Bush - who is no Catholic - attend a mass in the memory of Pope John Paul?

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
If I'm not mistaken, the President of the United States is the president of all the Americans, is he not? Hence, I concur with what was said - he would send out both Hannukah and Christmas cards... besides, didn't Bush - who is no Catholic - attend a mass in the memory of Pope John Paul?

I agree with you. I was just trying to put it into perspective for those people who are mad at Bush for having the White House Christmas cards say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas".

The President is the President for all Americans. Just as White House cards shouldn't say just "Merry Christmas" they shouldn't say only "Happy Hannukah".

"Holiday" cards are fine, IMHO.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Joe Lieberman is one of the few democrats I respect. His own party can't stand him. He refuses to play the "Bash Bush" game, and supports the war in Iraq. So his chances of becoming President are zero.

nytimes.com - Lieberman's Iraq Stance Brings Widening Split With His Party

[Mod Edit - Shortened Link]

[edit on 11/12/05 by JAK]

new topics

top topics

join