It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General Ante Gotovina Captured

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Delo

According to the local newspaper, Spanish Police has Arrested General Ante Gotovina, a War Criminal, Charged for War crimes in the Yugoslav Civil War. He was one of the most Wanted War criminals from the Yugoslav Civil war - besides Ratko Bladic and General Karadzic, both still on the run (and both Serbs). General Gotovina first went to French Foreign Legion, where he fought in Latin America and Africa. In the year 1991 he returned Home and started to fight the for his Country.

In the year 1995 Croatian Army started to Liberate so-called Republic of Serbian Krajina with the capital city of Knin in Operation Storm. The operation was an Extreme success and Croatia forces, with help from the Pentagon won a Decisive Victory. Around 400 civilans were Killed, along with 500 Serb soldiers and around 20.000 Serb houses were demolished and some 200.000 refugees had to go to Serbia.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

So far I just have Slovenian version of this News so I translated it from the Article, which Link I provided Above. This news is about 20 Minutes old.

The Gotovina "FAN" Site www.antegotovina.com... - Ante Gotovina the HERO is currently Offline; Server too Busy.

Related Link:
International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia - Ante Gotovina Indictment

[edit on 8/12/05 by Souljah]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
From the BBC...

Croatian fugitive general seized

A Croatian general charged with war crimes has been held in Spain, the UN's chief war crimes prosecutor has said.
Ante Gotovina - one of the most wanted men from the 1990s Balkan wars - was arrested on Wednesday night in the Canary Islands, said Carla Del Ponte.

Gen Gotovina is accused over the death of about 150 Serb civilians during a Croatian offensive in 1995.

Ms Del Ponte said she hoped efforts would now be stepped up to arrest the tribunal's two most wanted men.

Former Bosnian Serb leader Radovan Karadzic and his military commander Ratko Mladic remain at large.

BBC

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   

... besides Ratko Bladic and General Karadzic, both still on the run...

I shall correct my Mistake from the original Post - he is Ratko MLADIC, not Bladic.

sanctum thanks for the BBC update!

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Here is an Amnesty International press release:

The arrest of the former Croatian Army General Ante Gotovina is a major step in addressing impunity for war crimes and crimes against humanity committed during the 1991-1995 war in Croatia, Amnesty International said.

Croatia: Gotovina to go to The Hague

I think the international community will now be wathching closely to see whether Ante Gotovina's arrest will be followed by further arrests, as the arrest of the war crimes suspects is one of the main obstacles on the Balkan country's path toward membership with the European Union and NATO.

new topics

top topics

join