It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DU around the world - where can i buy some??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Since DU isn`t regulated the same as regular uranium - where can i buy some??

DU is being used as an aerodynamic stabilizing material in aircraft wings, cruise missiles, and helicopter blades. No obstacle exists that would prevent it from proliferating through worldwide arsenals to the point that it becomes a common metal in ships, jeeps, and humvees.

So , where can i buy some? There is over a billion pounds of the stuff just sitting and decaying away.It cannot be used for making bombs , so it is virtually unregulated as for its uses.

www.guardian.co.uk...

nfznsc.gn.apc.org...

www.mindfully.org...

[edit on 8-12-2005 by Harlequin]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I believe it is still regulated. I know with my time in the Air Force we played with .50 cal DU rounds we shot from the helicopters. The reason they're regulated is because they are still radioactive and harmful. Though if you put a coat of paint on them they're harmless... unless coming at you at a high velocity...

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I have about 15 pounds of vaseline glass that I use for glass blowing, it contains around 2 to 3% uranium oxides, I'll sell you some marbles :-)
Click the link in my signature line that says DU before you go shopping though, you might not want it.

new topics

join