It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible is not the word of god

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash
Have you people ever considered this simple logical fact- that if there is a God he would care to preserve his teachings, otherwise he would be fallible, thus not a deity (or a credible one).Also, it's not that Paul, Moses, etc. could not err, it's simply that when they wrote their revelation they were not allowed to. You people need to think outside the box, the problem most of you have is that you don't take the thought of a living God existing to it's natural conclusion(s).

a living god is an alien!

why dont aliens live?

they are just like us,in fact they made us in there image,the image of man!

everyone thinks they know god so well,well if you dont believe in aliens,why are you in this board then?,shouldnt you be in some christain chat room,dont think your going to come in here and start switching ppl back into church or something.....honestly ppl like your self are to scared to accept the truth....aliens are real,and they were termed by the name gods and goddessses....let me tell you something that migh shut you up...answer me this ok!

IF THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD WHO CREATED HUMANS ON EARTH,....THEN WHY WERE THE FIRST PPL ON EARTH WRITING STORIES OF MORE THEN ONE GOD...DONT YOU THINK THEY WOULD HAVE HAD DIRECT GUIDANCE FROM THE ONE GOD WHO MADE THEM,BUT INSTED THEY TALKED ABOUT MANY GODS/ALIEN BEINGS....i know you cant give me a good answer,because all your going to do is state ur opinon,but you wont prove it by fact...go ahead and research the sumerian culture and tell em if they were going arounf worshipping one god,or were they worshipping many.....ignorance is bliss for some ppl,and you might be one of them

[edit on 20-12-2005 by MagicPriest420]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
One of the great things about God, Nakash, is that He cares so much that He trusts us to handle things from Him well. First example, was the 10 commandments handed down to Moses. He got mad and smashed them, so God had to give him set # 2. Sure, God could've carved them into rock on the surface of the ground, but He's not a tyrannical as some people here suggest. He wants a working relationship with us, and that's a beautiful thing.

Next example, when God created earth, He gave man dominion over it. Notice how nature works. It is certainly possible for us to deplete resources, and cause animals to be extinct. This wasn't a problem until lately. Why? He wants us to recognize the fact that we're to take care of it. That dominion does not mean blatant disregard, rather a nuturing and relationship all its own. There's a parallel there.

God does not want to "poof" prove to everyone so that everyone MUST believe no matter what. He wants us to seek Him out, have faith, and love Him for what we know of Him, not knock our knees together and do everything He says like robots. If you'd like to know him, and received the free gift of eternal life, feel free to U2U me.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

the 10 Commandments are...well...commandments. Those who didn't know, God wrote that part Himself.

Yes, that would be Shemot (Exodus) 32:15,16 the tables were the work of G-d and the writing also

But when Moshe went down from the mount, he saw that golden calf, became angry and Moshe broke these tables.

The second tables were different, Moshe had to carve out the tables - and he had to write what G-d told him:

Shemot (Exodus) 34:1 :
haShem said to Moshe: Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first: and I will write upon these tables the words that were in the first tables, which thou brakest.

and Shemot (Exodus) 34:27:
haShem said to Moshe: Write thou these words: for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel.'

[edit on 20-12-2005 by Riwka]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
You guys have still not proven that god wasnt a et....yea god did good things for us...so why couldnt god be alien? are aliens not capable of helping us and doing good

if you feel more comfortable with an invisble god,suit your self...but i garuntee thats not even the case..god was a alien...

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Atheists debunk God because they are afraid of Him. They fear having to answer for the wrongs they do. They know that God is real but they have to deny Him. They want to tell everyone how the Bible can't be true, how Jesus maybe didn't exist, and how men are the real creators of inspired scripture. But you Christians ought to keep your beliefs to yourself. Oh No... don't tell anyone what you believe, I mean... it's not like the Atheists aren't shoving and forcing anything down our throats, right?

Spamandham asks: Who created God ?

I ask: Where did the universe come from?

Which is greator, the thing, or the maker of the thing?

Or how about posing this great question;

How did atoms floating around in the primordial soup suddenly say, let us become a thing and think and know and then make copies and continue ?

Any answers from the Unbelievers out there......

Fromabove

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
Atheists debunk God because they are afraid of Him.

If god were real, he could not be debunked. With this one sentence you have admitted you believe a fairy tale.

They fear having to answer for the wrongs they do.

Do you even think before you post, or do you just mindlessly repeat vitriol you've heard from your cult leaders? If I were in fear of your imaginary friend, would it really make sense to intentionally anger him?

I agree with you on one point, one of us is a stupid fool.

Spamandham asks: Who created God ?

I ask: Where did the universe come from?

You don't ask where the universe came from. You declare where it came from by presumptive fiat.

Or how about posing this great question;

How did atoms floating around in the primordial soup suddenly say, let us become a thing and think and know and then make copies and continue ?

They voted on it in committee of course.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Spamnhand i love you man

athesist arnt scared of god...they just dont go around saying they KnoW who god is like you do ....atheist make there brains work harder to figure out the truth about life,i have alot of atheist freiinds.....while most christians settle on the fact,jesus died for you,so by that fact,and that fact alone,which has not been proven btw,but speculated thru the bible and other sources in history..you think you are saved....not totally true....jesus did save you,by giving you a good role model to look after,something to be like,and strive for...his ways and teachings changed the thots of the world,and philosphyy,...but he was not the son of the total creator of EVERYTHING THAT EXSIST!..

[edit on 20-12-2005 by MagicPriest420]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
why does everyone assume that atheists are bad people?

just because they choose to have a slightly more nihilistic view of the world, and don't give absolute faith to some flying spaghetti monster doesn't make them bad.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicPriest420
jesus did save you,by giving you a good role model to look after,something to be like,and strive for...his ways and teachings changed the thots of the world,and philosphyy,...but he was not the son of the total creator of EVERYTHING THAT EXSIST!..

Jesus disagrees with you.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

I don't assume atheists are bad people. Do you? I'm thinking not, erego your statement is false.

just because they choose to have a slightly more nihilistic view of the world, and don't give absolute faith to some flying spaghetti monster doesn't make them bad.

I don't give any faith to some flying spaghetti monster either.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   

[

Jesus disagrees with you.

hey yo whats your deal? and what are you trying to prove to me?..explain something to me real quick...were is god right now? if you say heaven ..then describe it to me? ..explain why god made all the other planets,if all the major things are happening here...what is god? how does a door open in heaven? what are the stars that fall from heaven? what are the four beats?

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   

hey yo whats your deal?

Just reading the Book. He says he's God's son. The Creator of all things. And, he says there is one condition in order to be saved.

and what are you trying to prove to me?

Nothing. But if you'd like help obtaining proof, I'd be glad to help.

..explain something to me real quick...were is god right now? if you say heaven

God is everywhere.

..then describe it to me?

Not been there yet. Or at least if I have, I don't remember. Gotten a taste of it now and then though.

..explain why god made all the other planets,if all the major things are happening here...

How do you know all the major things are happening here?

what is god?

The question isn't what, but who. Who He is, is someone who loves us very much, and wants to give us the free gift of eternal life. Send U2U for details.

how does a door open in heaven?

With one key, but most already know who that is.

what are the stars that fall from heaven? what are the four beats?

I don't know. If it's an open book test, I believe your refering to Revelation? If you have the verses I can take a closer look.

[edit on 20-12-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Spamandham, do I note a bit of tension in your posts? Did you just say that one of us is.... stupid? By scientific deduction you would imply that it isn't you so you would be meaning me which means you called me stupid. Welcome home man!

The one thing that I think really screws it all up for you is that you cannot explain with reasonable thought who or what created the universe and how did it begin and from what. It's easy to say, "I can't see God so He can't exist, ro Who created God?" But we are IN the universe as a fact so lets go science! Lets use deductive reasoning and see if we can find the answer.... ready?

1. The universe exists
2. The universe had a beginning
3. If the universe is a fact and it had a beginning, how did it happen?
4. If the universe is a fact and it had a beginning, and we know it happened, what was the "cause of action"?
5. If the universe was "caused to happen" what was "factor" event to initiate it.

Let us theorize:

1. It was the natural occurance of undefined yet unknown properties the had "pre-existed" the present universe.

2. It was intelligently created as a demension of habitation and existence to the purpose and intent of the creator.

Let us test:

Something from nothing at all abscent of intelligence: This possibility is impossible as I attempted to take a hundred dollar bill from my empty pocket and could not. I had no power or substance in which to "cause" this event, and in the impossible event that it did happen it would have been "created" Option #1 Test failed.

Something from something greator or different: This is vaid as I can combine molecules of air to create water. Both are less than the volume of the whole and do create another substance. From a mountain I can take a stone and form it into a brick. From this I understand that I can effect change by intelligence. The universe had a beginning and it is valid to consider that it was put into existence by that which was not of the universe. The causation was intention because I can see it's end result and I understand that science believes it to be limited and possibly not infinate. I will call the force "energy". All matter is actual a degree of force, all atomic in nature and yet set in perfect order. This force does not relent in any way but is uniform thoughout the universe. Intelligence fits into the equation due to tension, cohesion, and random kaos, which would immmediately occur otherwise. Without intelligence, there could be no order, without order there could be no beginning or continuance, no stability.

Final thought: The universe is the result of intentional action by an outside force by intelligence. The source of the intelligence, while cannot be known is not within the confines of the universe nor subject to the laws of time and space. The universe, that it exists, is the evidence of and by itself that is real. It exists. And was put here by that which was and is in existance from outside of it.

Your thoughts Spamandham.. or anyone on the atheist side. Hit me with the science!

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
lets not try to dig that deep..thats keep this stuff within our brain capacitys..lets just accept what we know..or can find reasonable....hahaha now i sound like you guys

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I don't assume atheists are bad people. Do you? I'm thinking not, erego your statement is false.

I don't give any faith to some flying spaghetti monster either.

first off, there is a general stereotype of the atheist sinner. actually, saint, you do believe atheists are evil, for they are breaking YOUR greatest commandment. so you do believe they are bad people for not acknoweldging god.

also, i refer to god as the flying spaghetti monster from time to time. its a running joke that's been spreading on the internet for a while.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
the science, though i'm a buddhist.

something had to have created this outside force by the same logic. therefore, your theory is flawed.

and the bible wasn't written by jesus, so its the followers of jesus claiming that jesus was divine.

the bible cannot be the word of a being that is perfect, if it is imperfect. if you'd like to know how its flawed go to skepticsannotatedbible.com or send me a U2U.

also, there can be no perfection through humanity, so any book written by the hands of a human must be flawed.

but the bible is an interesting story and could possibly make a great movie.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   

first off, there is a general stereotype of the atheist sinner.

I believe everyone is a sinner. You and me included.

actually, saint, you do believe atheists are evil, for they are breaking YOUR greatest commandment.

It's not MY commandment. Take it up with God, He wrote it.

so you do believe they are bad people for not acknoweldging god.

No. That's an ugly blanketing statement if I ever saw one.

also, i refer to god as the flying spaghetti monster from time to time. its a running joke that's been spreading on the internet for a while.

Oh. I like your other jokes you've posted recently better.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   

the science, though i'm a buddhist.

I see, is it typical buddhist practice to assault other beliefs or are you going out on your own here?

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
we should not be labeled by religon...why should christains go around bashing other religons,because they think jesus died for EVERYONE...so that makes everyone who doesnt follow him or believe in him ,a deserter of god....i think religons are only useful,to create peace..but dont revolve your whole life around....dont let the book think for you...thats a waist of yuor brain...go out and search for the truth..stimulate your minds.it goes to show that ppl will believe almost anything that seems right..just like all the ppl who believed pres.bush...

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Magicpriest says, NO! Don't go deep! Madnessinmysoul says that my science theory on God is flawed because I cannot explain the creation of God so the idea of a universe caused by God is also flawed. Yet, you did hear anyone so far answer the question, which is....

How did the universe begin and from where did it come....?

Let's first answer this question so we can try on the "who created God" thing.

Fromabove

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join