The Bible is not the word of god

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The most important question here is, what does God say the Bible is?

Also, nowhere is it written that this is a collection of good advice, rather, the 10 Commandments are...well...commandments. Those who didn't know, God wrote that part Himself. When Jesus was baptised, God said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased." Jesus spells out very clearly the criteria to receive eternal life. The Great Comission Jesus gives is not a request. File it under the "kids" section if you like, but it by no means is an easy book to comprehend entirely all it has to tell us on a daily basis. Following is no easy feat either, nevertheless reward is assured, often in this life, but can be guarenteed in the afterlife per the documentation. Don't have to believe me though, ask God if He said and did these things.

[edit on 16-12-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
to me you just told me to do something equivalent to asking frodo if the lord of the rings is accurate.

god is a great fictional character, and has given the words of great thinkers some more power and meaning, but it's just a bunch of fables.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
to me you just told me to do something equivalent to asking frodo if the lord of the rings is accurate.

That sounds right too. Ask Frodo if Lord of the Rings is real. I'm confident you'll get no answer.

god is a great fictional character, and has given the words of great thinkers some more power and meaning, but it's just a bunch of fables.

Enjoy your 70 years, plus or minus that is.

[edit on 19-12-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I believe in free choice no matter what you believe in. its your choice to think what you want. if you dont like one version try another.. some day we know the real truth or maybe not. maybe in the next life.

its all due to your own personal growth and how you choose to live

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by cybnetic
I believe in free choice no matter what you believe in. its your choice to think what you want. if you dont like one version try another.. some day we know the real truth or maybe not. maybe in the next life.

its all due to your own personal growth and how you choose to live

Sounds depressing. Hope you fall upon the truth before the truth falls upon you. If you'd like help walking to it, I'd be glad to assist.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
the bible is not gods word..the bible quotes things god/aliens said to ppl,but it does not say it is his/there word...only people i hear saying this is jehovahs witnesses and those coocoo ppl on television.....the god of the bible is an alien..yes he is....why would god be a man? unless it was an alien,that could make since,we do know that aliens look like us,and they created us in there image,the image of humans....think about it? why is god given human attributes,why does he need to sit on a throne...have you ever seen star trek...captain kirk sat on a throne tooo didnt he....why does god need and army,unless he has to fight against someone in heaven...who is god fighting in heaven? maybe he is fighting other aliens?...captain kirk had an army,and he fought other aliens too..people are very iggnorant when it comes to these things...if you read the bible carefuly,you will find numerous connections to aliens...in the book of job,god refers too three diffrent places in outerspace...the first was the pleiades,second was artucrus and the 3rd was orion...when god was speaking to job,he asked him can he break the bands(armies) of orion....if you know anything about aliens then you know orion is the home of the dracos/reptillans/satan/lucifer/dragon....why would god say that? unless he was an alien who knew about these places...if your waiting for a white man to appear on a cloud and scoop you up..think again,cuz it wont happen like that....there is one god who is responsible for all life,and this god is not a man or a women,NOBODY can understand what it is,but that it exsist.....when the new jerusalem comes down from heaven(outerspace) it will be a spaceship..you should think about it..

[edit on 19-12-2005 by MagicPriest420]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
interesting thing about Science-Fiction is that it's, well, fiction. Though I do agree that there are some people who think Captain Kirk is a god...and for them I'm very concerned.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
be nice.

the view that extraterrestrials inspired the bible is just as legitimate as an all powerful divine being inspiring it. actually, it might be somewhat more plausible to many.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   

be nice.

the view that extraterrestrials inspired the bible is just as legitimate as an all powerful divine being inspiring it. actually, it might be somewhat more plausible to many.

why cant an all powerful divine being be an alien?...jesus was one!

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Atleast for me, I do believe that the Bible is the word of god. So is the Gita's and the koran and all other sources of knowledge.

I do believe in God. I believe that all sources of knowledge are a gift from the creator of us all. It's not how you learn something, but what you learn that is important.

Just my humble opinion.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Atleast for me, I do believe that the Bible is the word of god. So is the Gita's and the koran and all other sources of knowledge.

I do believe in God. I believe that all sources of knowledge are a gift from the creator of us all. It's not how you learn something, but what you learn that is important.

Just my humble opinion.

Love and light,

Wupy

You can believe what you like....but sooner or later someone will be right...either way you look at it,we are both expecting some body to come visit us from above,mine might be lookin like an alien...and yours would look like ?????? umm what does god look like,can you tell me?

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   
If the bible is the word of god, then Emperor Constantine is your god.
Doesnt anyone remember when rome introduced christianity as their state religion?

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Please be nice.

Apologies, there was no intent to offend. In fact, I used the same terminology "Captain Kirk" and the reference to science fiction as MagicP did. *shrug*

[edit on 20-12-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by wang

I've never experienced the Emperor Constantine before
....and that makes Jesus his son a bit complicated, does it not?

Doesnt anyone remember when rome introduced christianity as their state religion?

Yeah, I was sitting on my villa loungechair playing my lyre when....

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Obviously not you! Most people know that

1. The Council of Nicaea, at which Constantine was present but did not preside, did NOT decide the content of scripture.

2. Christianity did not become the state religion until the reign of Theodosius, 50 years later.

If you must sneer at others, it is wise to get your facts right. But why sneer? Most non-Christians merely conform to the mores of those who set the media agenda of their day.

All the best,

Roger Pearse

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by roger_pearse
Most non-Christians merely conform to the mores of those who set the media agenda of their day.

So do most Christians. Congratulations, you've proven what we already knew - that we are all products of our environments, including yourself dear Roger.

[edit on 20-12-2005 by spamandham]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham

Originally posted by roger_pearse
Most non-Christians merely conform to the mores of those who set the media agenda of their day.

So do most Christians. Congratulations, you've proven what we already knew - that we are all products of our environments, including yourself dear Roger.

If you tell me that you merely conform, of course I believe you.

That Christian beliefs are the product of late 20th century America is a curious view, but not one that seems to require discussion. That some Christians fail to follow their religion and sometimes follow yours is inevitable, given the environmental pressure. Quite why you complain, when you don't even try to do anything else, I was unclear.

Intelligent people do not merely adopt the values of their environment. Still less do they abuse those who refuse to do so as 'irrational.' I comment both of these ideas to you.

All the best,

Roger Pearse

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I would like to pose a question if i may....

Why hasnt anyone reported seeing god or angels ,since biblical times?,BUT up until 2005 we still have ppl making reports of seeing et's and ufos, even being taken to other planets?wasnt enoch taken to heaven,that sounds like an abduction to me!.....why is the "one loving god" of the world hiding himself from us?,but these aliens are coming around all the time,showing themselves to us,and communicting with us?...just maybe the god we think of as invisiblle really is not,but insted our god
was an alien...thats the truth!

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagicPriest420
I would like to pose a question if i may....

Why hasnt anyone reported seeing god or angels ,since biblical times?

I've seen two angels, was protected by one, and have a personal relationship with God. What would you like to know?

Originally posted by MagicPriest420
why is the "one loving god" of the world hiding himself from us?

He's not. If you'd like to find Him, then I think I can help with that. Send U2U for details.

And yes, God is "alien" in the sense that as He says, "my thoughts are not your thoughts, my ways are not your ways." If you think He's sitting on another planet playing with remote-controlled saucers, then certainly that quite a bit smaller than who He is.

[edit on 20-12-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Have you people ever considered this simple logical fact- that if there is a God he would care to preserve his teachings, otherwise he would be fallible, thus not a deity (or a credible one).Also, it's not that Paul, Moses, etc. could not err, it's simply that when they wrote their revelation they were not allowed to. You people need to think outside the box, the problem most of you have is that you don't take the thought of a living God existing to it's natural conclusion(s).

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join