It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Bible is not the word of god

page: 27
2
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix

*snip*



The RCC is a joke.

In your lifetime, you will see the RCC promote a religion of acceptance. You will see the Muslims join with the RCC and all religions and usher in the New Age.

*snip*


The RCC, a religion of acceptance??? lmao oh boy that'll be the day!
I've been a victim of their prejudice and hypocracy - they wouldn't know acceptance if their salvation depended on it
Sorry if that offends anyone but I've lived it, not just read about it.




posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngelWings9999
The Bible says, Test Every Word And See If It Is True! As It Also Says Test All Spirits As Well! If You Ask it shall be given unto you, seek & you shall find! He Will Prove It To You, All You Need To Do Is Ask God!
Man will never give you the answers you seek, only God Can! But note, No Man can go to the Father, except through Jesus!


I'm surprised alot of Christians don't know their bible.

"God is near to all who call unto Him" (Psalms 145:18) Messiah need not apply.



posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanse_nz

Originally posted by Sun Matrix

*snip*



The RCC is a joke.

In your lifetime, you will see the RCC promote a religion of acceptance. You will see the Muslims join with the RCC and all religions and usher in the New Age.

*snip*


The RCC, a religion of acceptance??? lmao oh boy that'll be the day!
I've been a victim of their prejudice and hypocracy - they wouldn't know acceptance if their salvation depended on it
Sorry if that offends anyone but I've lived it, not just read about it.


The RCC will usher in the New Age, just not the truth.



posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
That makes more sense, SM, for sure. Although personally I can't see the RCC being open enough to do this.....but time will tell.



posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Produkt:
In answer to your question, of course not, my statement is no more or less true than the Old Testemant. That is the point! You yourself have indicated many times that the Bible, including the Old Testemant, is not the truth yet you use this "lie" to back up your claims that Jesus is not the messiah! You're using scripture that is not proven to be true to prove your point, just like I am.



posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mytym
Produkt:
In answer to your question, of course not, my statement is no more or less true than the Old Testemant. That is the point! You yourself have indicated many times that the Bible, including the Old Testemant, is not the truth yet you use this "lie" to back up your claims that Jesus is not the messiah! You're using scripture that is not proven to be true to prove your point, just like I am.


Let's try this yet again, since your still finding it hard to grasp one simple basic concept. You write a book, a work of fiction. In the story the main character is in love with two women. One girl named Ariel another named Veronica. Towards the middle of the book he ends up dating Ariel and the rest of the book thereafter is about thier life together.

Now 200 year's after your death I come along and decide to republish your book. I change a few things here and there, just minor details, but the stories message is still pretty much the same. However, instead of Areil, I change it to be Veronica as the one he chooses.

Is my version now the right version because it's newer and the story changed? No, obviously not. Obviously I'm the one in the wrong for getting the original story wrong and changing it. This is such a friggin simple concept to grasp that I am truely surprised that you can't grasp it. You've yet to grasp it. Hopefully now you'll wake up and quit these stupid games with me. It doesn't matter if the book is true or not, what matters is the orginal story.

The Christian version is a CHANGE in the OT story, just as my change from Ariel to Veronica would be wrong, so would the change from young woman to virgin be wrong.



posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by urmomma158

Originally posted by lifttheveil
Just bear with me a sec.........

When they see the smoke of her burning, they will exclaim, 'Was there ever a city like this great city?' They will throw dust on their heads, and with weeping and mourning cry out" "'Woe! Woe, O great city, where all who had ships on the sea became rich through her wealth! In one hour she has been brought to ruin! Rejoice over her, O heaven! Rejoice, saints and apostles and prophets! God has judged her for the way she treated you.'"




u fool i saw many things on the history channel about the book of revelation its nothing but a plitical attack n revalation passages are open to interpretation for example i checked out a nostradamus prediction me n my friend totally translated it in a different way n they both seemened quite accurate plus theres evidence the bible is greatly flawed

www.bbc.co.uk...

grailchurch.org...


I've not looked on here for a while!

Fool?

I'd learn to spell a bit better before calling people a fool,
especially when you've never met them. And if your qualified to talk on this subject, then you also know what the bible says of people who call others 'fool'. Therefore, if you know what i'm talking about (and I doubt it!), apply this verse to yourself.

Lifttheveil



posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Produkt:
You are the one that cannot grasp the concept, but unlike you, I'm not surprised that you have such difficulty. Whethere or not the story is original makes no difference. All the matter is if the story is true! If it's not true it can't be used as proof! Understand! My scripture is original as I made it up, it doesn't make ot true, thus for the very same reason, I cannot use it to prove my point either!



posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mytym
Produkt:
You are the one that cannot grasp the concept, but unlike you, I'm not surprised that you have such difficulty. Whethere or not the story is original makes no difference. All the matter is if the story is true! If it's not true it can't be used as proof! Understand! My scripture is original as I made it up, it doesn't make ot true, thus for the very same reason, I cannot use it to prove my point either!


Are you daft? It doesn't matter if your scripture is original or not. We're not talking about YOUR scripture. When you stop to realize that then maybe everything will become clearer. So get your head out of your Christian faith and open your eye's.

The Christian Jesus Messiah is reliant upon the OT Jewish Messiah prophecy! Just because the Christians changed the story from it's original form (the prophecies) does NOT make it true, for the very same reason if I change Ariel to Veronica. It doesn't make the new change RIGHT. It does not matter if the book itself is true, all that matter's is that the change's made do NOT make the new change's correct when they are reliant upon the older and original story. Damn, learn some common sense man.



posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Produkt:
Take your own advice. Perhaps this might make it simplier for you. Let's suppose your story of Ariel and Veronica is true. In reality the guy falls in love with Dawn. The original story says he falls in love with Ariel. It was later changed to Veronica. Neither the original or the altered version are true, are they? Just because the Old Testament prophecy of the messiah conflicts the story of Jesus doesn't automatically prove Jesus is not the messiah! As you've mentioned many times, the old testement may not be the truth so who cares what the prophecy says if that's the case. Talk about being daft!!!!!



posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mytym
Produkt:
Take your own advice. Perhaps this might make it simplier for you. Let's suppose your story of Ariel and Veronica is true. In reality the guy falls in love with Dawn. The original story says he falls in love with Ariel. It was later changed to Veronica. Neither the original or the altered version are true, are they? Just because the Old Testament prophecy of the messiah conflicts the story of Jesus doesn't automatically prove Jesus is not the messiah! As you've mentioned many times, the old testement may not be the truth so who cares what the prophecy says if that's the case. Talk about being daft!!!!!


Wait a second... Why are you now adding in a new character to the story?! The original story I posted make's no mention of anyone named Dawn. This was of YOUR own invention. YOU added in the new character to make a point. A character that never existed and would have absolutely no bearing on the original work of fiction. What is this, a common Christian practice or something? Let's reword thing's and add in new character's and proclaim it law? Damn ...



posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The point is that it is FICTION, just like you proclaim the Old Testemant to be! Fiction cannot be used to prove anything.

Here's a little scenario, and I want you to tell me if you agree or disagree with it:

The Bible is not the Word of God.
If this statement is false, then either God is lying, or the world was created in 7 days AND Jesus is not the messiah. BOTH of these conditions, and everything else mentioned in the Bible (Old Original Testemant if you like) must be true, if God is not lying.

If this statement is true, then everything that is written is possibly fiction, thus cannot be used to prove facts, such as the world being created in 7 days or that Jesus is not the messiah.

One simple question for you. Do you agree or disagree with the above scenario?



posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Tempers are rising here…

Let’s keep it civil – Take up personal matters via U2U…



posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
mytym,

Have you ever done a book report? Would the teacher give you a passing grade if you changed the outline of the story, inserted new character's and reinterpreted words to mean something else?

The obvious duh answer is... No, of course not. When you write a book report, you discuss the book as it originally was told, you don't add, subtract and change it and then expect the teacher to give you an A+ because your 'new' work is 'original'.



The point is that it is FICTION, just like you proclaim the Old Testemant to be! Fiction cannot be used to prove anything.


That's not the point in and of itself. Your clearly abit too blinded to listen. The point is, fiction or not, changing the original story does not make the new change's more right then the story that was previously used to make those change's. This is really basic common sense knowledge.




Here's a little scenario, and I want you to tell me if you agree or disagree with it:


Could you try rewording that, your now starting to run off an babble into nonsense. I can't make heads or tails out of what your trying to propse there. It's hard to agree or dissagree on what your trying to get across when none of it is even making any sense.



posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
It's a simple question. An answer to it will suffice.

By the way, I initiated the current discussion with you, thus, the points I raise are the relevant ones, your's are the irrelevant ones. You should be directing the insults to yourself. At any rate seeing as how my latest question relates DIRECTLY to the thread title, I'd say that makes it pretty relevant.

I await your answer to my previous post.



posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The greatest conspiracy in religion is the idea that we have "free will".


Yeshua, taught us to "...love the Lord thy God with all your heart, mind, and soul..." and "...love thy neighbor as thyself...". He did not manifest himself in this world to set up religions; that was man's idea. Just think for a moment. If everyone would just follow these two ideas, this world would be "heaven", which must be pointed out as a "condition" and not a physical location.

For those who like to read things from a different angle, try reading Michael Vinson' commentary on The Revelation of Jesus Christ. It is well worth the time in my opinion.
www.iswasandwillbe.com...



posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mytym
It's a simple question. An answer to it will suffice.

By the way, I initiated the current discussion with you, thus, the points I raise are the relevant ones, your's are the irrelevant ones. You should be directing the insults to yourself. At any rate seeing as how my latest question relates DIRECTLY to the thread title, I'd say that makes it pretty relevant.

I await your answer to my previous post.


And I await your rewording of the question as it make's no sense to me. Nor was I insulting you in my last post. Althought some would disagree and choose to interpret what I thought I was clearly stating to be what they thought instead. One of the thing's we gotta deal with being online I guess.


The only thing that could possibly be interpreted as an insult would be the babbling comment, but even that wasn't how I intended for you to take it, but eh ... to each his own.

I honestly can't answer your question because it honestly make's no sense at all, period. Please reword it and then we can continue on with the discussion.



By the way, I initiated the current discussion with you, thus, the points I raise are the relevant ones, your's are the irrelevant ones. You should be directing the insults to yourself. At any rate seeing as how my latest question relates DIRECTLY to the thread title, I'd say that makes it pretty relevant.


Actually no. This current line discussion was going on before you jumped into it. Technically, the current line of discussion started with this post on page 24 by Blue. www.abovetopsecret.com...

You didn't come in on this current line of discussion until this post on page 26.


Produkt:
Are you aware that the argument you present to prove Jesus is not the messiah implies that you believe the Bible is the Word of God, or at least the absolute truth? I had you pegged wrong, as I was sure you held the contrary view.


So in all honesty, you didn't initiate the current line of discussion, you joined in midstream and interjected your own personal views. So really, if your going to argue about relevency, it's most certainly not from you. I never answered that first initial post of yours on this current line of discussion. Actually, I don't answer you untill your second post on this line of discussion where you tried to derail it by trying to bring in a whole new line of discussion completly irrelevent to what was previously being discussed.



posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
You do not own the conversation produkt....

You have every right to suggest someone address the issues currently being discussed, but you do not tell them how to post…

I’m sure you’ll find some way to disagree with my warning here, however, it is the last warning I’m providing…



posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
You do not own the conversation produkt....

You have every right to suggest someone address the issues currently being discussed, but you do not tell them how to post…

I’m sure you’ll find some way to disagree with my warning here, however, it is the last warning I’m providing…


I'm not trying to disagree, but I am curious how your figuring that I'm telling him how to post. The only thing I can really think of would be me asking him to clarify his question as it made no sense to me. Nor do I imply in the slightest that I own the discussion. All I've done was point out something that was falsely stated.

I'm guessing there's something abit more to these warnings.



posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Produkt
I'm guessing there's something abit more to these warnings.


You're right, there is:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

We've been given the task of cleaning up this forum.



new topics

top topics



 
2
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

log in

join