It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible is not the word of god

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifttheveil
Just bear with me a sec.........

When they see the smoke of her burning, they will exclaim, 'Was there ever a city like this great city?' They will throw dust on their heads, and with weeping and mourning cry out" "'Woe! Woe, O great city, where all who had ships on the sea became rich through her wealth! In one hour she has been brought to ruin! Rejoice over her, O heaven! Rejoice, saints and apostles and prophets! God has judged her for the way she treated you.'"

u fool i saw many things on the history channel about the book of revelation its nothing but a plitical attack n revalation passages are open to interpretation for example i checked out a nostradamus prediction me n my friend totally translated it in a different way n they both seemened quite accurate plus theres evidence the bible is greatly flawed

www.bbc.co.uk...

grailchurch.org...

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Hey Masonic Light, notice the word personal in personal god... God is the creator of all, you can personally interact with God but he is not your personal God... Einstein still stands with perfect and infinite.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by urmomma158
u fool

Lovely, now will you please show some dignity and apologize?

i saw many things on the history channel

I see, and the History channel tells nothing but truth, is that right?

i checked out a nostradamus prediction

Ah, reliable(?) source #2. And here I was having doubts.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCrystalSword
Produkt Define in SPECIFIC PARAMETERS what sort of evidence YOU are going to accept. I want a SPECIFIC sort of event described which would PROVE to you that God Exists.

I would like to know what it requiresto convince you, and what is considered LESS than convincing (As in, mere circumstance or odd event).

I doubt that even if God spoke to you personally, you'd believe it was God.

How about a sea splitting in half? Or the biggest river in the world turning into blood? Or seeing EVERY firstborn child and calf in a country dying in one night? Or seeing the stars fall out of the sky to Earth? Or seeing somebody stop the sun from moving (of course, it'd really be the earth, but you get the idea)?

Those fools who were supposedly there saw ALL of this, but as soon as Moses goes into the mountains, they start worshipping a calf.

You Christians are amazed that people don't believe in your god, despite the fact that those who where THERE didn't believe in him? IMO, y'all should be more understanding of people who today don't share your belief in light of that.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
How about a sea splitting in half? Or the biggest river in the world turning into blood? Or seeing EVERY firstborn child and calf in a country dying in one night? Or seeing the stars fall out of the sky to Earth? Or seeing somebody stop the sun from moving (of course, it'd really be the earth, but you get the idea)?

Those fools who were supposedly there saw ALL of this, but as soon as Moses goes into the mountains, they start worshipping a calf.

You Christians are amazed that people don't believe in your god, despite the fact that those who where THERE didn't believe in him? IMO, y'all should be more understanding of people who today don't share your belief in light of that.

Eghads! How was this overlooked before *gasp*? Let's ignore the fact that these people were in the desert for forty days and were beginning to think God had abandoned them and Moses going up to the mountain was about to too. Let's negate the fact that God could possibly do anything that people do not understand or cannot explain.

It should be no wonder to any Christian that there are people who don't believe because every Christian I know was an unbeliever at some point in their early life. Myself included, requiring and demanding proof but doing little to get it. I also consider myself very understanding of why people don't believe and am here for the explicit and specific purpose for helping those people get what it is that they need to believe. To say "you don't understand" is not only untrue but also negating my experiences on a topic I can speak heavily upon...so I don't expect to connect with any who does make such a statement.

[edit on 8-3-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka

Actually, I'm not surprised at all that people nowadays don't believe in God. This is because I was once a huge atheist, even bigger than Produkt (Gasp!). I used what little info I did know about Christianity to disprove all of the other info that I did not know. My question to all of you non-believers out there (no hostility meant) is this:

Have you ever tried praying to God earnestly and honestly?

I'm not talking about a quick "Yo God, you there?! Prove it damnit!!", I'm talking about a true prayer involving all your heart and all your humility. God does not show himself to just anyone, so if you are prepared to look at the world in a new light (pun intended
), then close your eyes and concentrate. And don't give up in the first 10 minutes, ask God everything that you want to know and he will show you things you have never seen before, but only if you truly belive that you will see something.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Have you ever tried praying to God earnestly and honestly?

I can honestly say I have done as such. One of the many reason's I don't believe in a supernatural diety. And no, not the quick yo deal. Other reason's I know there is no god is through learning more about the universe we live in. Not scoffing at any old theory that crops up. That, and applying logic to the whole mess. Those of faith feel it's impossible for us to evolve, yet what's the possibility of some supieror complex being not needing to be created itself, then designing this universe out of any other configuration it could possibly choose that could also support life, then picking our one tiny insignificant planet out of trillions upon trillions of possible planets in the entire universe, then desiging out particular species to harbor higher intelligence capable of using tools rather then any other species currently on this planet or any other design that would have been MORE suitable and MORE adaptable. Evolution has been proven, god has not. All we know of 'god' is that he's a man made concept under constant evolution, redefinition and re-interpretation.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Constant evolution, redefinition(real word?), reinterpretation... I believe I was ignored last time when I asked you how God's viewpoint has changed(evolved, if you must) during the past few thousand years. I have no doubt that man's interpretation of God has changed throughout the centuries, but this is far from God's opinion.

Furthurmore, the arguments with your religious boss and doctor have come up quite a few times. The fact that you got fired has impacted you heavily and now you probably see your boss and all of his religious kind as ignorant people who don't understand you. Also, you say that your sister had to convert to christianity when marrying her boyfriend and that her baby was recently baptised. This may strike you as horrible, but have you recently talked to your sister about her new marriage? Find out what her true thoughts are about christianity now. She probably views it in a different light because she has been immersed in it, not just fed the tabloids and christian-bashing propaganda that you are used to.

I'm just curious, but can you tell me how you prayed? U2U me if u want.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Constant evolution, redefinition(real word?), reinterpretation... I believe I was ignored last time when I asked you how God's viewpoint has changed(evolved, if you must) during the past few thousand years. I have no doubt that man's interpretation of God has changed throughout the centuries, but this is far from God's opinion.

Lol. Yes it's a real word, just like evolution

Redefined: the act of giving a new definition; "words like `conservative' require periodic redefinition"; "she provided a redefinition of his duties"

You haven't seen how 'god' has been redefined and reinterpreted? C'mon ... Is there really a need to openly lie to us? Look around ATS itself. Show me 50 individuals on ATS that all have the same exact definition, interpretation and concept of who god is, what he is and what he's done. Maybe your concept of god allow's lying?

Furthurmore, the arguments with your religious boss and doctor have come up quite a few times. The fact that you got fired has impacted you heavily and now you probably see your boss and all of his religious kind as ignorant people who don't understand you.

Nice try, but this was after the fact. But your right, seeing how many christians can't even follow the word of their 'god' hasn't helped much either. But again, those were entirely seperate issue's completly unrelated to my prayer to god when I was much younger.

Also, you say that your sister had to convert to christianity when marrying her boyfriend and that her baby was recently baptised. This may strike you as horrible, but have you recently talked to your sister about her new marriage? Find out what her true thoughts are about christianity now. She probably views it in a different light because she has been immersed in it, not just fed the tabloids and christian-bashing propaganda that you are used to.

Actually, yes I have ... Why would you assume I haven't? No, she's not to thrilled about having to be forced into a religion nor is she too thrilled about being forced to raise her kid a certain way. She has her reason's for it though, such as .... being so in love with her guy there that she's willing to do anything to keep on his families 'good' side, even it means conforming to their religous convictions.

I'm just curious, but can you tell me how you prayed? U2U me if u want.

I'm not sure how you mean? I was really young at the time. Probably around 8ish years old. I do remember it was a sincere moment, and I do remember praying alot around that time. And no, even durring my 'gullible' childhood stage, I still didn't recieve any answer's to any prayer's. Through out my adulthood, still nothing. It's a combination of that, learning, and personal experience that has shown me, proved, there is no god and that he is a man made concept. Hell, you can't even find the monotheistic god 6,000 years ago and civilization is much older then that.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
There is reference in the bible that Jesus was the Word, so Words might have been quoted in the Bible, so when Jesus is the Word, Words must have been spoken by Him, Gods word. We, in the body, are all that he was, and more?

We are equal to him, so we do can speak the Word not? As the bible quotes. That making us a righteouss follower, a believer, a one which has seen the Light of God, his wisdom, His waters, His heavenly kingdom!

He baded in the blood of JEsus the Christ, his sins burnt untill clean. Freed from the vengance of the world, grown as a man, to defeat the eternal battle, the battle within, the Holy struggle.

The spirit must have guided some of the apostles to write HIS words down, his talk, his view, to explain the righteouss perception to us. And this hast been done! Much in the bible does refer to our inner core, that wich is in connetion with God, through the spirit! That is how we are connected with him. We in Him, He in us! That is how we operate! Lost fools do not connect with Him, wicked scientists to be darkened by their error, humble ones to adore Him.

Even in a newspaper the Word sometimes slips through, therefore not only the Bible speaks it! The Word is still among us! We have to use it to keep us on high level! To keep us aware and dignified, but all conquering. Our leaders must die, for they must have to repent on their actions and change the situation instead of abusing their position on this earth. They do not guide us, but on the contrary by doing this, only makingt us stronger, we have not failed, but we must take action, everyone is in search now, of their true companions, calculating their true path! We are in a phase of much wisdom to be revealed, but this anti-christ does the same, misguidance, lazyness, fear?, but the anger of the righteouss who traveled far and wide is greater than the fears of the demonic! We need to stand strong and banish evil out of us, conquer our hearts with great wit and blessed reasoning. Movement and action with the fullest respect! For nature, for yourself for that in which we are born again. To reflect the inner on the outer with compassion, joy and fruit. To banish all evil out of this world. Call for the angels to adjust, we stand strong and are won in the eyes of the wise!

Blessed be thee on thy true path, haunted on thy false ways, this is for everyone the same. But God is always at your side, so ask and repent for he will fill you up like a bottle full of water, making love stream out of you in limitless ways. Speak, open thy mouth, speak that which is on your heart and mind, for your self to be seen, do not overdo, be compassionate.

The Lord will heal thy wounds, as he guides you through his waters

Blessed be! Are we!

Go bake those cookies you wanted, just hold on a sec placing that C4 under the bad man's car. For thy shallt not kill, God is righteouss, as he judges, do not judge for judged are we. Our system will fall! For motives behind it are of pure demonic nature! The light has won, we ar e complete, find thy self again and let thy heart not be troubled. Do as you please, correct where mistaken, the road might be long and hard, but changes and miracles put you up high, to conquer thy faith and to be joyous on thy believes.

I'll put the phone down now, c u later! Wally gator..

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
AA,

Wth? Have you ever seen that show on sci-fi channel? Stargate: SG1... There's this group of ascended being's called the Ori, and it's follower's sound pretty damn similar to what you just posted lol. See, the SG1 team went off to show these follower's that the Ori were not gods and could be destroyed or rendered powerless. The Ori needed follower's to 'feed' off of in a way in order to remain in power and control. Everytime a follower was talk to, tried to be convinced that the gods weren't gods, the follower would start babbling off in such a manner as you just posted. I wonder if the creator of the Ori used religous people as an example for the Ori followers?

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
then what were they? Ancients, but not Gods, aren't they godlike, so they might be godlike but not Gods, there is just one God which maketh them godlike, not? that must be reasonable.

who were the ori? race of light, or pure purpose? Everything needs to be put back to order now. We wandered to far off. Not really a happy task but when evolution comes into process, gifts and miracles, new sights of the greater are revealed, which brings real joy in the process. I just hate the fraud, corruption, disbelieves that are spread on this earth, but still, in the disbelieves are still sparks of light , it lives on light, it's corrupt, in fact, we are a really funny specie, happy and full of joy. But we all dwell through the darkness, sometimes, but when one sees his error in his ways, the path of light taken. the righteouss path, of correct interpreting, as perfect as can be, finding the spark in every move and action taken to keep us on a high level. We hate the evil of this world don't we. Our leaders are abusing their position, they wring our necks so to speak. They must have much knowledge, but our heads will be rising. A battle will follow, must be, changes on this planet, we've gone too far astray. Bow for mother earth, this afternoon in a state of trance I bowed for ones who call themselves ancients, giants, they looked large and might be wise, since they've got me on my knees, but they were joyfull too. I'm really coming into contact with nature lately, and with all that is surrounding.

I hope I get information pretty much, soon.

Pray for love-light-energy, let your heart speak, get it off your chest.., like a real man! Open up for the light. It is the saving, the rescueing.

We're gonna take the power back!

the powers that be,
for each differently,
searching constantly,
for you and me.

powers of light,
let me see,
blessings and poetry,
of those that be.

wise as a bird,
let them be heard,
mocked at as nerd,
no longer disturbed.

Building a body,
a temple of light,
teaching us constantly,
preparing to fight!

Ow how I adore thee,
ancients, angels of light,
who are willing to prepare me,
for this disturbing flight.

brothers pass by thee,
on this mystical road,
never frightened to see,
the head of the goat!

Order!

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
the bible is not the word of God...

and this is news?

I agree with you, furthest thing from it. But does my agreeing do anything to change people mind?
No, just makes the resistance in them stronger. (those that beleive) gives them a reason to exist and keep fighting...until they get tired, and stop the fight...and undestand what a God of love is about?

Gods Peace

dalen

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Produkt
I can honestly say I have done as such.

Good! I'm excited to hear about when you get your answer.

One of the many reason's I don't believe in a supernatural diety.

Oh. Probably won't get your answer then. Looks like you're closed to the idea as quickly as you were open to it.

[edit on 14-3-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Oh. Probably won't get your answer then. Looks like you're closed to the idea as quickly as you were open to it.

Actually, it wasn't a quick pray and dismiss. We're talk a time in my life of say ... a good few months or so of honest praying and not recieving any sign's, answer's, hallucination's, vision's, or a super cool alien spacecraft abduction experience. God only exist's if YOU want him to exist. Really, it's all just an in your head type of deal. You look at a complex organism and instead of learning how it came to be complex, you do nothing more then write it off as a work of god. The religous community has taught me alot about itself. We're not talking just christians, we're talking EVERY religous belief, even the 5 year olds swearing on their life that some demon live's under their bed's.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Actually, it wasn't a quick pray and dismiss. We're talk a time in my life of say ... a good few months or so of honest praying and not recieving any sign's, answer's, hallucination's, vision's, or a super cool alien spacecraft abduction experience.

Whoa! You sure did wait a long time. Sheesh, and here I thought you gave up easily. Silly me...

God only exist's if YOU want him to exist.

What if He exists when you don't expect Him to. Like in my case for example.

Really, it's all just an in your head type of deal. You look at a complex organism and instead of learning how it came to be complex, you do nothing more then write it off as a work of god.

I don't know anyone who's that easily convinced. Perhaps they exist, but I don't know them.

The religous community has taught me alot about itself. We're not talking just christians, we're talking EVERY religous belief, even the 5 year olds swearing on their life that some demon live's under their bed's.

I love how Christians are compared to 5 year olds. No, didn't believe in demons at five. It took visual proof years later to convince me.

[edit on 14-3-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Really, it's all just an in your head type of deal. You look at a complex organism and instead of learning how it came to be complex, you do nothing more then write it off as a work of god.

Do you really think that God's work is that simple? Do you really think there is no science or rhyme or reason to how God works? When God created man, did he not have to create and balance out all the different types of metabolism and chemical reactions that occur within our bodies every single millisecond?

You say that it is unreasonable to believe that God created nature, but don't forget that you believe that nature created nature itself. If that isn't a paradox, then I don't know what is.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Do you really think that God's work is that simple? Do you really think there is no science or rhyme or reason to how God works? When God created man, did he not have to create and balance out all the different types of metabolism and chemical reactions that occur within our bodies every single millisecond?

Uh, and what evidence do you have for this? A book written by man? Can you prove god exist's? Can you prove he created the universe? Obviously not, or else we'd all believe in a god of some form.

You say that it is unreasonable to believe that God created nature, but don't forget that you believe that nature created nature itself. If that isn't a paradox, then I don't know what is.

I don't know how the universe came into being. No one does. Not even you. Everything within this universe however, indicates a series of natural processes eventually leading up to life and then us. And this far, it's been more or less proven as so. No, we don't have all the answer's and no, we're not going to just play intellectual laziness and start writing thing's off as to complex and the work of god because we can't figure out how something works or evolved to it's current state.

Your faith in god, everyone's faith in god in today's modern world is nothing like the faith the early christians had, or the faith the jews had before them. You've rewritten god. You blasphemised his word, his work, his creation. And for what? So you can goto church sunday instead of saturday? So you can convince a few heathen pagans to convert? So you can kill innocent women for having a mind of their own? So you can wage 'holy' wars on those heathen disbeliever's? So you can worship a cross and a fish? So you can treat those who don't believe as if they're lesser then those who do? So you can hinder learning and advancment? If there is a god, you can bet your sweet buttocks none of those of faith in god are on his good list.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   

you believe that nature created nature itself. If that isn't a paradox, then I don't know what is.

And yet, those of faith say you can't get something from nothing and yet god just always existed. There's another paradox.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Uh, and what evidence do you have for this? A book written by man? Can you prove god exist's? Can you prove he created the universe? Obviously not, or else we'd all believe in a god of some form. I don't know how the universe came into being. No one does. Not even you...
Your faith in god, everyone's faith in god in today's modern world is nothing like the faith the early christians had, or the faith the jews had before them. You've rewritten god. You blasphemised his word, his work, his creation. And for what? So you can goto church sunday instead of saturday? So you can convince a few heathen pagans to convert? So you can kill innocent women for having a mind of their own? So you can wage 'holy' wars on those heathen disbeliever's? So you can worship a cross and a fish? So you can treat those who don't believe as if they're lesser then those who do? So you can hinder learning and advancment? If there is a god, you can bet your sweet buttocks none of those of faith in god are on his good list.

Hmm... I'm pretty sure that I don't worship a cross or fish, neither do I kill random women nor do I wage holy wars on people. And last time I checked, I go to church on Saturday(me are protestant). And where the heck do you get off saying that Christians treat others as "lesser people"??? I've gone from home to home in my neighborhood giving willing people bibles, and I can proudly say that most of them accepted one. The true christians raise charities, treat others as their own brother, and work for the good of the people and God.

"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are those who mourn, For they shall be comforted... Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the sons of God..." ~Matthew 4:23~

Read the 4th line Produkt. Only when you are pure of heart shall you see God. If you decide that you want to have no part with God (and it seems that you don't), then continue the path that you are on. Continue slandering ATS with your illogical propaganda. Continue bashing christians on the internet. Continue typing hate out to the internet for the entire world to see. I will continue to pray for you Produkt, but I fear that it may be too late.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join