It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible is not the word of god

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
If you need any proof, goto your local grocery store and buy a box of pasta roni. Appearently, this particluar food item has been deemed holy by the man above as it's lacking anything resembling 666 in it's barcode structure.

Or, you could buy a box of Grand Prix 100's, my favorite ciggies. DONT START SMOKING IF YOU DONT ALREADY!

Or a big bottle of Ibuprofen, the 500 tablets one I have on my desk right now lack's 666. Or, go buy a westell 6100 dsl modem and check out the barcode on the side. All lacking 666.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
while were on binle prophecies have you ever thought about the following.....

It's your choice what to make of the following Biblical scriptures. Is there something to the Biblical prophecy, were the 9/11 architects executing the attacks to coincide with the scriptures or is it all a coincidence?
Revelations 18:9,10
"When the kings of the earth who committed adultery with her and shared her luxury see the smoke of her burning, they will weep and mourn over here.
Terrified at her torment, they will stand far off and cry:
"Woe! Woe, O great city, O Babylon, city of power! In one hour your doom has come!"

The shorter south tower without the antenna (BOAZ, female tower), fell in 57 minutes.
Revelations goes on to discuss all of the commerce that went on in Babylon and how people came from all over the world to do business there. If this doesn't smack of New York, specifically the trade center and the amazing stock market escalation of the 90s which preceded the 9/11 attacks, I don't know what would.
Revelations 18:17-20

[edit on 6-3-2006 by lifttheveil]

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I edited the last post as the pic appeared as a link! I'll try again!

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Revelations 18:17-20
"In one hour such great wealth has been brought to ruin!"

"Every sea captain, and all who travel by ship, the sailors, and all who earn their living from the sea, will stand far off.

[edit on 6-3-2006 by lifttheveil]

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Honestly, I'm not sure what to make of it. If, by imparting modern knowledge onto primitive man and proclaiming prophecy came true, then possibly. But, New York is New York, not Babylon. The biblical text say's babylon, not new york. The prophecy only work's if taken out of the context of the text and imparted with modern knowledge of the planet earth that the ancient people of that time had no concept of. It's a rather big step to take to prove the book right, as was the barcode example's.

[EDIT] If I'm not mistaken, ancient babylon was exactly as depicted in those prophecies. It was one of the center's of commerce for that time period.

[edit on 6-3-2006 by Produkt]

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Just bear with me a sec.........

When they see the smoke of her burning, they will exclaim, 'Was there ever a city like this great city?' They will throw dust on their heads, and with weeping and mourning cry out" "'Woe! Woe, O great city, where all who had ships on the sea became rich through her wealth! In one hour she has been brought to ruin! Rejoice over her, O heaven! Rejoice, saints and apostles and prophets! God has judged her for the way she treated you.'"

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   

God has judged her for the way she treated you.

If this prophecy were true, we better convert to islam seeing as how god supposedly commanded them to commit the terrorist act they did. Convert now or be doomed.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
have a look at this
renaissance era painting
Clearly, the masonic architects of New York intended for it to be New Babylon in spirit.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
now look at this............

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
And this last one.

I can see a clear connection, what do you think?

The lady holding the illuminati torch, the twin towers, tha arch, the masonic symbols, very strange?

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Yes but did they believe god had told them to do it?

In fact, did they even do it.

You've seen the pictures and media of 9/11! In all that carnage, and destruction how the hell did one of the terrorists passports be found on the street intact? Come on, surely you know that is complete crap!

An the pentagon? Don't get me started!

The US Government were in on the attacks, this is in plain sight! It is not a question of why the islamic terrorists did it, it was an Inside Job! Do you really believe the Bush version of events? I was just about to go on about the many facts about 9/11 but they are numerous, and I hope for your sake you've not swallowed the official garbage!

lifttheveil

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Produkt
Actually, I could use some clarification. Not all religion speak of the same god or in many cases prior to monotheism, speak of the same many god's. Some speak as if the god(s) were physical being's, and still some other's, as in the case for the ancient summerians (if it's really true) speak of the god(s) comming from another world to create mankind for enslavement.

Question is, how can all these totally differing view's of god(s) be peiced together to help one discover the one true god and what he truelly want's out of mankind?

We don't have to "piece things together" like some kind of ancient puzzle. He has actually spoken to us as recorded and we can talk to Him now if we like.

Also, I'd like some help or clarification on this as well...

What mircale's has this supposed god, whoever he may be, been performed of the same magnitude as those supposed miracle's easily performed by today's magician's, done today?

Creating the universe, flooding the whole earth, ad infinitum...

I haven't seen anything recently on the new's for the past ... say, 3 months or so, of god bringing down a plauge to smite the heathen atheist's or god parting the red sea again. Do we have anything comparable to his more ancient action's?

Ah. You have to see cataclysmic occurances today in order to believe it. Hm. Despite your apparent lust for destruction I hope you and I never have to see it, rather the aforementioned miracles we'd discussed.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifttheveil
And this last one.

I can see a clear connection, what do you think?

I think you have me greatly confused. I don't think the towers were Revelation material.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

We don't have to "piece things together" like some kind of ancient puzzle. He has actually spoken to us as recorded and we can talk to Him now if we like.

So ALL the supposed god's are the one true god's then? I mean, myth's and legend's and religous doctrine teach for all belief system's that these god(s) all spoke to people, some even mated with man and woman! Do we have godly DNA then also?

Creating the universe, flooding the whole earth, ad infinitum...

Nonononononono... NOT the ancient one's. The one's TODAY. He hasn't been on the new's much latley.

Ah. You have to see cataclysmic occurances today in order to believe it. Hm. Despite your apparent lust for destruction I hope you and I never have to see it, rather the aforementioned miracles we'd discussed.

Not sure how you came to the conclusion that I have a lust for destruction... but ok
But really, what comparable act's of god exist today as there were for our uneducated primitive brother's and sister's in the past?

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
They always ask that you prove that the devine word of God is in the bible and I ask them to prove that the devine word of God is not in the bible. Albert Einstein once told a close friend his: "The universe and God are infinite and therefore perfect, and given infinite time no man will ever create anything perfect!". Now think about what he said and tell me there is no God.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
They always ask that you prove that the devine word of God is in the bible and I ask them to prove that the devine word of God is not in the bible. Albert Einstein once told a close friend his: "The universe and God are infinite and therefore perfect, and given infinite time no man will ever create anything perfect!". Now think about what he said and tell me there is no God.

Man wrote the bible. Man picked out what was going to be officially included in the final version of the bible. There's a ton of differing bible's and even more view's on god or gods, depending upon which culture and time period we're talking about.

And thought about what he said ... there is no god.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
How can the Universe be infinite??? How come man can`t create anthing perfect or infinite? Explain to me how it was created and by whom. Think, don't just use an excuse.

[edit on 6-3-2006 by GrndLkNatv]

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Produkt Define in SPECIFIC PARAMETERS what sort of evidence YOU are going to accept. I want a SPECIFIC sort of event described which would PROVE to you that God Exists.

I would like to know what it requiresto convince you, and what is considered LESS than convincing (As in, mere circumstance or odd event).

I doubt that even if God spoke to you personally, you'd believe it was God.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   

You didn't think very hard....

How can the Universe be infinite??? How come man can`t create anthing perfect or infinite? Explain to me how it was created and by whom. Think, don't just use an excuse.

Lol, I'm not using an excuse. Man can't create anything perfect and infinite as man doesn't posses imaginary magical abilities to do so. I can't say what pre date's the big bang, but neither can those who believe in god. Then again, the notion of god or god's has been in constant evolution through out human history.

Produkt Define in SPECIFIC PARAMETERS what sort of evidence YOU are going to accept. I want a SPECIFIC sort of event described which would PROVE to you that God Exists.

I would like to know what it requiresto convince you, and what is considered LESS than convincing (As in, mere circumstance or odd event).

I doubt that even if God spoke to you personally, you'd believe it was God.

Actually, if god did come down and say, sup guy why you tripping on dis faith issue. Yo you need a slap up side da head dawg. Yea, I'd believe. Heck, even if it were all in my head it be more then anything thus far, which is nothing. Not even this supposed feeling people claim to get from reading the bible. Only feeling I got was that of disgust in such a being like god.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
Albert Einstein once told a close friend his: "The universe and God are infinite and therefore perfect, and given infinite time no man will ever create anything perfect!". Now think about what he said and tell me there is no God.

"The idea of a personal God is quite alien to me and seems even naïve.” - Albert Einstein in a letter to Beatrice Frohlich, December 17, 1952; Einstein Archive 59-797; from Alice Calaprice, ed., The Expanded Quotable Einstein, Princeton, New Jersey: Princeton University Press, 2000, p. 217.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join