It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible is not the word of god

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Ah ok, I see now...

Never heard of that before though. I don't work in a shipping/recieving place right now, so I can't check this claim, but I've never heard that they NEED to HAVE 666 on them. Next time I see the stock boy's at the grocery store getting ready to stock the shelve's I'll check the UPC code's on them. Anyway's, this still would not apply to a forced mark of the beast scenario enforced upon all consumer's. Definately not the way it's depicted in the bible.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
What's the difference between the Bible and the Q'ran the way they have been interpreted for us today?
One of them can be used to wipe your butt with, the other one can be used to blow your nose or your body to pieces with!

Not funny.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Submersible
What's the difference between the Bible and the Q'ran the way they have been interpreted for us today?
One of them can be used to wipe your butt with, the other one can be used to blow your nose or your body to pieces with!

Not funny.

Produkt:

Revelations 13:18
[18] This calls for wisdom: let him who has understanding reckon the number of the beast, for it is a human number, its number is six hundred and sixty-six.

Reckon means enumerate
machaut.uchicago.edu...

enumerate means: To count; to tell by numbers; to count over, or tell off one after another; to number; to reckon up; to mention one by one; to name over; to make a special and separate account of; to recount; as, to enumerate the stars in a constellation.
machaut.uchicago.edu...

If you “tell off one after the other” or “mention one by one” the written number
Six hundred and sixty-six, including the “-“ between sixty and six you come up with “22”

Take a look at history, at past and present civilizations and see the devastating influences they had on man’s development. There are three. The Roman Empire, Nazi Germany and United States. You say you are “learned” in your assertions. As it says in verse 18 “This calls for wisdom…” show me a little on YOUR part. Look at the “human number” as it applies to these civilizations. Im really curious just how much you do know, or don’t know, as the case may be. Im not talking about Bible stuff here. Im talking about bonifide “history”. If there is one book written on these, there are 10,000. At this time in our “discussion I would like to know that I am conversing with someone that is in fact “intelligent”. And not some humanoid subspecies that parades around as having a valid, working thought process. Afterall even science can teach a monkey to type “yes but” on a computer keyboard.
Dr. Eric Berne, in his book “The Games People Play”. Devoted an entire chapter to the YES BUT game. www.ericberne.com...
He is one of “your” scientists a psychiatrist. And by the way, this book is about mental disorders that people have that inhibit them from conversing and relating to “other” human beings

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
From my understanding, revelation's talks of the mark being on the hand or forehead, not a shipping box. Also, some of christianities teaching's are taken from jewish teaching's. Including the number 666.

en.wikipedia.org...

The number 666 is considered a mystical and holy number. 6 represents the six directions (up, down, north, south, east, west). Six is considered God's number (see Names of God in Judaism) since it is the numeric value of Vav. It also refers to creation, since the world was created in 6 days.

Additionally 666 is the numerical value of: "ועתה יגדל-נא כח אדני" ("Ata yigdal na koach Ado-nai", Now, let the power of my Lord grow.) (Numbers 14:17). This was Moshe's prayer invoking Divine Mercy on behalf of the Jewish People.

666 was originally a holy number, not a satanic number. This simple fact alone blows the whole thing out of the water.

Take a look at history, at past and present civilizations and see the devastating influences they had on man’s development. There are three. The Roman Empire, Nazi Germany and United States.

Roman Empire has fallen a long time ago. Nazi Germany was what, six years of war? Hardly a major impact on mankinds development. The United States hasn't caused any devastating influence's at all.

You want to see devastating influence's, look at the christian religion. The christian religion has had more influence in the past 2000 year's then any of those countries you've listed off. Hell, the entire monotheistic religion's as a whole as gained more influence over man's development period. Mostly through violent means if they couldn't peacfully convert non-believer's. Even today you can find many violent tendancies with those of faith, even the one's who claim to be good.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Just came across this now. Another likely possibility, seeing as how they did borrow the epics of gilgamesh flood mythology and rewrote it as their own.

en.wikipedia.org...:_Appointment_With_Marduk

The book also proposes an unorthodox explanation for the enigmatic Number of the Beast (numerology) by proposing a misinterpretation: The orbital period of Planet X or Marduk (planet) was 3661 years; and this number was written as a "three wedges in a row" in Mesopotamian sexagesimal mathematics. The sign for number 1 was used three times for 3600 (Shar), 60 (Ges) and 1 (As) respectively which made 3661 in total. And the cuneiform sign for "1" was very much alike the Hebrew letter "Waw" or "Vav", which had "6" as numerical value. As Eldem puts the matter in his book, Hebrew priests apparently adopted the "secret number" of Marduk and misinterpreted the sign as "666", or, "three Vav's". Because Marduk was the enemy's god, this number eventually became the "mark for Devil's Servant", and later "Anti-Christ"s sign in Christianity.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
That makes sense. It is not hard to imagine some scribe making that mistake in translation. So when is the 3661 years up, that it is due to come around again?

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElOne
Take a look at history, at past and present civilizations and see the devastating influences they had on man’s development. There are three. The Roman Empire, Nazi Germany and United States. You say you are “learned” in your assertions. As it says in verse 18 “This calls for wisdom…” show me a little on YOUR part. Look at the “human number” as it applies to these civilizations. Im really curious just how much you do know, or don’t know, as the case may be. Im not talking about Bible stuff here. Im talking about bonifide “history”. If there is one book written on these, there are 10,000. At this time in our “discussion I would like to know that I am conversing with someone that is in fact “intelligent”. And not some humanoid subspecies that parades around as having a valid, working thought process. Afterall even science can teach a monkey to type “yes but” on a computer keyboard.
Dr. Eric Berne, in his book “The Games People Play”. Devoted an entire chapter to the YES BUT game. www.ericberne.com...
He is one of “your” scientists a psychiatrist. And by the way, this book is about mental disorders that people have that inhibit them from conversing and relating to “other” human beings

How about this, I'll provide you with the threads I have started and if you are interested in showcasing your 'intelligence', I'll be glad to discuss any of those topics with you.
Before you make your final judgement that I am a "YES BUT Monkey" because you feel so intelligent from the tainted history you have spent your life learning, maybe you will be interested in discussing the topics I have already presented for discussion here.

Ok, I'm out of fingers so that will have to do for now.

I just got banned from the username 'Submersible' because I supposedly discuss issues that do not pertain to the topic of the threads, or whatever reason the moderator "T.C." has.
(i think he's mad i won't kiss his azz)
So if for some reason this username gets banned also, I'll eventually respond to you in those threads but it may be a different username.

I'm interested in seeing what you know about reality and life in the world today, and just to make sure you understand, I consider the 10,000 or so history books that were written by MAN to be quite usefull in the bathroom as well.
Maybe you will agree once you realize the opportunities it has provided them with, such as molesting the natural existence of the human race and every other living organism and vertebrae on the entire planet.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham

Originally posted by Graystar
I think your confusing those who have a real relationship with Jesus and those who use there faith for political gain

You asked why people want to debunk Jesus, and I answered it. How is that considered confusion about a "relationship" you have with Jesus?

I did not claim that all Christians are incapable of separating religion and politics, although my limited experience does suggest most are.

You're right on target here, Spam. On the other hand, allow me to offer this. When's the last time a candidate ran as an Atheist? Even the most Liberal candidates add to their platform what they consider Jesus's tolerance to diversity.

Personally, I've never found tolerance in what Jesus taught. If anything, he was an Uber-Jew who slammed the Status Quo for selling out their beliefs for the sake of control and profit. There is where people must hold today's Christians to account.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
OK, I've not checked this forum for a while.

Produkt, just to clarify, I read the bible for years as the word of god with no thought of alien influence.

Do you know the bible? Have you studied it? I'm not sure.

Remember, it is written that the beast will DECIEVE ALL, and force all to recieve the mark. Can you see the air you breath? The barcode does contain 666, every barcode does, I am not going on any more on this subject, I am not trying to convince anyone of anything just sharing the information!

This is from tonysomers.50megs.com I couldnt copy the pics and text so have added the pics at the end. In black and white, plain and simple.
"I Don't understand, I hear every barcode contains 666, therefore making the bible prophecy true that "no man be able to buy or sell unless he recieve the mark of the beast" Revelation chapt 13, however I've looked at many barcodes (I only had to look around where I was sitting, everything has them nowadays), and I can't see 666. Where is it?"

Here it is!

Each number on a barcode is represented by a series of lines (computer code). You can see the lines which represent each number above. Now, you may have already noticed the two lines representing a 6 appear in every barcode, three times, hence 666! although all the others will vary according to the item.

Above, where the 6 apears three times, and below a standard barcode.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The bible teach's it will be on the hand or forhead, or IN, depending on which version you subscribe to. Nowhere in any biblical text does it say the mark of the beast shall be on the side of thy shipping crate.
Which version of the bible do you subscribe to anyways?

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
And just for anyone else comming into this thread and wondering about barcode's, take the time to read through these two link's so you don't make the same mistake as other's do.

wiki.ehow.com...
/zcnwb

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Just think for a little longer will you?

The barcode system will be uded in the ID cards!

Oh, and if you want to take things literally The bible says this,

"and he forces all, free and slave, rich an poor to recieve a mark IN his hand or IN his forehead", Now with that in mind, if I go into a shop and buy, say, a packet of cigs or a newspaper, I give the man the money and he gives me my item. Now, what happened with the item I just bought?

Have you guessed yet?

I recieved it in my hand! Yes, I recieved the barcode, (666) in my hand. Thus fulfilling the prophecy, I couldnt buy or sell without recieving the mark!

This is not the prophecy in full, it is just a stated in the bible, you will see all the signs, and please dont ever forget the phrase, this calls for widom, and he who has ears let him hear, and also they are forever listening but never hearing!

Yes, no matter what links you post the facts cannot be changed. As the pic in my last post shows, each number is represented by a binary series of lines, the 2 lines that represent a 6 are on every barcode although the other numbers will vary according to the item. You see, it is fact, the system runs on 6 6 6.

Is this the 666 bible prophecy?

Yes, although it is in its early stages!

First the barcodes on purchased items. DONE
Second the barcode on the id cards DONE AND AWAITING ENFORCEMENT

and what comes next? People loosing, and forging their ID cards, The soloution? The Verichip, which will also run on the same system!

Most on this site will have knowledge of verichip, hell, check out there website! Its not a conspiracy, it is fact, and it is not a plan, it is in use!!!!!

lifttheveil

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
lol...

The barcode is not IN your hand, now is it? It's ON the product itself. The bible specificly state's IN OR ON hand/forehead depending upon which bible you subscribe to. No where in any bible does it give any hint for the mark being ON nor IN a bottle of pepsi at the local quickie mart. Again, I feel the need to repost these two site's, as your taking the whole barcode completley out of context.

wiki.ehow.com...
/zcnwb

I would be rather interested on how your going to recieve the mark, that being the barcode, IN your FORHEAD as well when purchasing your favorite beverage before a movie starts. Or IN your FORHEAD while carrying an ID card IN your WALLET.

Really ... where do people get these silly idea's.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Just as an add on as I mentioned Verichip

I thought that you would find this of interest: The newly FDA approved human implantable microchip is Called Verichip and the company logo is and an All seeing eye with a vertical slit just like a reptile's eye. They also have a picture of a big human eye on their webpage. Here is the web address to Verichip. I'm not authorised to post links yet so Its on the worldwide web at 4verichip.com.

Reality is truly stranger than fiction!!!!
Produkt - Please don't get me wrong! I rely on FACTS, and I seek TRUTH, although this post clearly hints to reptilian influence I do not state it is fact! The coincidence is for the reader to decide!

lifttheveil

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Not to mention any credibility is lost with this post, not by you, but by someone else trying to explain to me why the barcode with 666 isn't on EVERY product you buy.

quote: Originally posted by cavscout

Yes, it does. Not an urban myth. It is my understanding that in order to manufacture or import anything for sale in the US, you must have a UPC code involved; it is the law. When you pull things out of your cupboard and they don’t match up, you are looking at tracking codes used by individual companies, not UPC labels.

Right now, I am looking at my Diet Coke. It does not have the three sixes HANGING DOWN on the bar code. What does this mean? It means that the box it was sent to the store in MUST HAVE THE 666 ON IT.
What then is the smaller code that is on the actual bottle? Just a way of keeping track of it in the factory/warehouse/store.

Just check up on the law there, buddy. Anything that is manufactured for sale by a corporation (e.g. - not stuff at yard sales or swap meets) and sold in a retail store must have UPC code on it, and the UPC code will ALWAYS have a six hanging down in the beginning, middle, and end.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

As I've mentioned before, many product's with barcode's on them in my own home, after checking them, not ALL have this immensly missrepresented 666 number.

As for verichip, can you kindly point out 666 in it? The biblical prophecies specificly state's 666, not implanted microchip.

Your interpreting the text's way out of context, yet you rely on fact's and you seek truth? I've already posted TWO website's on barcode's. I've posted previously other site's on how the barcode's are being misinterpreted by those who DON'T know howto read them. I've also posted atleast one site on how the jewish people originally viewed 666 as a GOOD number, not an EVIL number. Don't lie to me, it's not nice.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxblackoctoberxx

Originally posted by Produkt
So which god is the one true god I should be attributing miracles too? How would you define a miracle once the one true god is known? Are you sure the one true god isn't something no one on this planet hasn't even concieved yet? Are you even sure there even is a god?

So, Saint4God, Mytym, Thecrystalsword and/or thebluesoldier...

What is your answer to the question above? Don't say it's irrelevant because it is completely relevant to me. Make sure to not just answer the 'are you sure there even is a god' part but also the 'which god is the one true god'.

If it matters to you then it matters to me. The one true God is typically denoted by the capital G, a verifiable and reliable source as described in the written word in The Holy Book (Bible). A miracle is something that goes against the normal flow of physics, biology, psychology, or any other -ology that is beneficial and traceable back to God. I am sure the God we try to picture or depict is far greater and beyond our conception of who God is. We can read about the traits of God, see what He does, and have a meaningful relationship, yet all these things do not encompass and define all that God is. Yes, I am sure there is God. Hope this helps blackoctober, please let me know if I can clarify any points.

[edit on 6-3-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
OK, I think I've exhausted on this a bit! If you look into barcodes, I mean, Learn about them, the language, binary code, programming etc rather than finding one website that tries to 'talk away conspiracy theorists, and theories) you would be a lot better informed.

My final comment is this. FACT- Each number is represented by a binary code. The binary code for six is the barcode standard which appears (and remains) before any other info is added. All is shown in my previous posts and I cant really add, its all there.

OK, let me answer the next comment and show you where you need to read more before making conclusions.

Firstly, remember, I STRESSED in my post that I did not think the barcode was the fullfilment of prophect but the start of it, next step ID cards and then the verichip. This makes your comments a bit premature. Add on to that the fact that the original translation KJ (i'm not sure if your reading from the good news or childrens bible) says "recieve in your hand" and like I said, you pay and you recieve your item "in your hand". And last but not least, I did say that this was only an example of taking things literally! Which, well, say no more!

lifttheveil

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   

please let me know if I can clarify any points.

Actually, I could use some clarification. Not all religion speak of the same god or in many cases prior to monotheism, speak of the same many god's. Some speak as if the god(s) were physical being's, and still some other's, as in the case for the ancient summerians (if it's really true) speak of the god(s) comming from another world to create mankind for enslavement.

Question is, how can all these totally differing view's of god(s) be peiced together to help one discover the one true god and what he truelly want's out of mankind?

Also, I'd like some help or clarification on this as well...

a verifiable and reliable source as described in the written word in The Holy Book (Bible). A miracle is something that goes against the normal flow of physics, biology, psychology, or any other -ology that is beneficial and traceable back to God.

What mircale's has this supposed god, whoever he may be, been performed of the same magnitude as those supposed miracle's easily performed by today's magician's, done today? I haven't seen anything recently on the new's for the past ... say, 3 months or so, of god bringing down a plauge to smite the heathen atheist's or god parting the red sea again. Do we have anything comparable to his more ancient action's?

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
lifttheveil,

So, if a product has the mark of the beast, which not all do, and I recieve that unfortunate product ... what will become of me?

Also, those two site's are discussing barcode's the way they actually work, not the way some paranoid concpiracy buff trying to make an invalid point, is doing.

And it's not because of those site's that I came to my conclusion's. It's through learning about barcode's and how they actually work, not how they're misrepresented to work in a futile attempt to prove some book written by primitive man.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
First of all Product let me say to you...................

Cracking posts mate! Spot on!

There's nothing like a good challenge and debate to get your mind working, even better under public scrutiny, nice one.

What I post here I believe to be true, It is also only my opinion and findings, if they're wrong I want to be the first to know, and the best way of finding this out is by testing the facts.

I have not just seen this on some website, I have been aware and studied it for many years! If I am wrong, which I am sure I am not, then I would owe you a great debt if you could prove it to me. However, I am certain this is not possible but will keep an open mind?

Lifttheveil

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join