It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible is not the word of god

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCrystalSword
Saint, Produkt, why is it that neither of you seriously consider the ramifications of a truly omnipotent being?

I cannot say I know what God is thinking and doing, only a few things that He would like for us. How am I not considering the ramifications?

If one is to believe the literal bible, and that God is Omnipotent, you have to realize that God defined the rules. All the suffering, all the testing, everything is done in the purvue of this is how God wanted it to be. Not only that, but EVERYTHING that happens, from the birth of a child to the violent rape and murder of a woman, ALL gods plan.

I follow ya. It's hard for me personally to understand, though know what you're saying. This is where trust and faith come in for me.

There is no way to reconcile this logically, there is absolutely no argument to be made for why it must be this way... why isn't there? Because if the universe is mutable to God "he" could have MADE it another way, still accomplished what "he" wanted to do and yet not put such hypocrisy into place. Realise that to God, there is no FINITE way of doing something... He makes the rules, he can break the rules and he can make them in ways that we could NEVER possibly fathom because we have the rules we have today, whatever they are.

Sure. I'm with ya.

Stating "You cannot deign to fathom the mind of god" is a quitter's answer to such a problem.

Agreed, I believe we should try to understand so that we can learn.

I propose that there are TWO omnipotent beings of EQUAL value always in conflict, neither of which was made by the other directly.

This one seems a bit from "left field" TheCrystalSword, I don't know how it relates to the rest of the post.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Perfectly good possibility. Care to say why it isn't?

God is actually and contrived piece of a psycho's imagination? Really. And billions of people through thousands of years have "sheepishly" followed along. I think the one thing that this formula is negating is that people, like myself, require a measure of proof to believe.

Biblically speaking, that was not god, that was Michael.

Hm? How do you figure?

Very rarely do you see god himself on earth... even the burning bush was typically identified as a messenger angel conveying gods will, even though it spoke AS god (Theories concern Metatron/Enoch in the matter of the bush).

Hm? How do you figure?

Are you then only posessing of heavenly wisdom, and lack the mortal kind?

I wish. I like to think I recognize many of my limitations.

All things are blind, mankind stumbles in the dark grasping for firmness. In the end, one must believe in something, be it science or God or yourself.

I agree that one must believe in something, but maybe we're using two different definitions of "blind". Mine is literal, yours seems etherial.

See, here's where we'd disagree again. I would rather my soul were destroyed utterly than to have to be free of pain and suffering... for it is contrast to my joy, and makes it more precious unto me.

Suit yourself.

Pain is a beautiful tragedy of the world... some of which I wished did not happen, but I would not do away with mankind's suffering. It is where our true souls are revealed.

Enjoy reveling in pain...er...something.

Actually, I think it is a parent's duty not to make their child's life too easy... otherwise you are a worthless parent who only enables weakness in their children.

Great illustration

If a young adult cannot stand on their own and deal with their own suffering and the suffering of the world as they carve out their place in it, then the parent is at fault. Either that or the kid was always worthless.

Is anyone listening to this? They should.
BUT! Do it out of love so that they grow, not for the sake of spite and malicious pain.

I've said this countless times before.... Have you read "Ishamael" Yet, Saint?

I'm sure I've heard the story around here before. Can you give me some reasons why I should?

Requiring God to prove itself to you makes me think you deserve whatever hardships you endure, because that is a ridiculously presumptuous thing to ask.

Ouch, harsh man. True though it may be...

God doesn't favor any particular child of his over another. As for your opinion of his abandonment, how exactly does an omnipresent being abandon someone? That someone has to ignore their existence.

BINGO! *ding ding ding ding!* Thanks for spelling out what I was not stating so candidly. Take heart though, that person would not be entirely abandoned. We have life now which we can use to change that relationship.

Not only is there more to the story, but most of the biblical laws are ridiculous and should not be taken seriously.

A good thing you and I were not considered ridiculous by Him and never to be taken seriously, eh?

But then, I am not a literal bible worshipper.

Who worships the Bible? The Book itself advises us on who to worship. I guess those who never open it may not get that message

Well, for some Christians it's not....

For all Christians, my friend. Those who do worship themselves and claim to be Christian are not.

God doesn't, Leviticus does if I'm not incorrect.

*looks at the book* You're correct.

And you should read some literature concerning translation, because the original text is "Thou shalt not suffer a Poisoner of Wells to live". The KJV of the Bible changed it to witches.

This is interesting. What version is "Poisoner of Wells" from? I'm a fan of the New International which was translated from over 200 scholars from original text. How did they not see it?

Like my above comment, I sincerely doubt you guys truly consider what an All Loving being would be required to do.

Can any of us really? We can only go by the information we're given.

[edit on 25-2-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngelWings9999
Produkt Hi

Ok well how about if you Ask God for a sign to see if it is True! He Will Show You! Either through a Dream or Vision or Visitation! I know He loves You exactly the way you Are! You have nothing to lose by Asking!
Angel

Ok, then how about I pray that you will, of course with your permission Produkt?
Angel

AngelWings has great faith. If there's anyone I'd want praying for me, it would be this person right here. If only Produkt could achieve the same, s/he may receive that proof requested. A+ work AngelWings, glad to see you here.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mytym
Allow me to demonstrate:
Your conclusion that God has given you no signs in 20 years suggests it is not possible to fathom that any of the events that have happened in that time could be attributied to God in ANY way.

However the proof that you base this conclusion on merely suggests that it is POSSIBLE that God played no part in these events.

Your a making an ABSOLUTE statement based only on your theory, not on any factual evidence. You're jumping to the conclusion that your theory is the ONLY one that can be drawn from this evidence, and ignoring all of the other possible conclusions, one being that God DID play a part in these events.

Here it comes, ready?

You have voted mytym for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

Mahvelous detective work. Beyond my every-day perceptions, that's for sure.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by point
By the way, is the god of the old testement the same as the god of the new testament?

Yes. Good question and is often a cause of confusion if one reads the book from beginning to end without noting the references in the gospels. The little letters next to words and phrases repeat what Old Testament has said before. Epistles also are very good for this kind of reflection. It may be a stark contrast also to those who do not see the kinds of prophecy Daniel and Isaiah were talking about.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Or you both don't know.

And therefore you do? This is the second time you've said that two parties don't know what they're talking about. How about tossing a few more names into the mix?

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisnamenotinuse
Who is to say that the authors of these books are corrupt people perpetuating a lie?

ê¿ê

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Man wrote every religious book in existence, if he didn't we wouldn't have them.

And while the Bible or any holy book for that matter isn't the exact word of God, he didn't dictate while someone wrote, all the holy books in existence are divinely inspired. God inspired man to write these tales to reach out and touch his fellow man's spirit.

The problem only arised with these Holy books, when Man again decided that individual interpretation wasn't good enough and tried to enforced what should be personal to the masses.

Religion and God is a personal issue and we will each see and know God in our own ways. Religious books are only for guidance and not something to be taken as complete truth and interpreted literally.

In all of our lives, every religious belief that we could have been 'exposed' to has been influenced by man,
therefore it is all a big fat LIE !

God would not have led us all to Hell or on a path where we find it acceptable to destroy our only source of life because we are irresponsible.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Produkt
So which god is the one true god I should be attributing miracles too? How would you define a miracle once the one true god is known? Are you sure the one true god isn't something no one on this planet hasn't even concieved yet? Are you even sure there even is a god?

So, Saint4God, Mytym, Thecrystalsword and/or thebluesoldier...

What is your answer to the question above? Don't say it's irrelevant because it is completely relevant to me. Make sure to not just answer the 'are you sure there even is a god' part but also the 'which god is the one true god'.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Is The Bible The Word of God?
yes and no

Its not the inspired work of god as we generally think of.
Before I go into this subject I know bible debating can get heated from experience so note I am not attacking anyones beliefs system, most of us here are truth and info seekers, I am just reporting my findings.

Before I go on, did you know that the word gods has been replaced with gods on many occasions? with this in mind i'll go on.

I have studies this and related subjects for years.
The bible IS the word of GODS. Not gods as we would imagine but, yes, you guessed it, Aliens. Yes, the bible was written by aliens.

Most of us on here are familiar with stargate sg1 and its stories. Of course this is science fiction but it does visualise a lot of relevant and factual information. (plus much disinformation), However, take for instance how the goulds were seen by many as gods because they had advanced technology over primitive races, these wonders were seen as godlike to people who had never so much as seen a bike, or used a pencil etc.
So it was in bible times.

You only have to read the bible with that thought in mind and it really opens up to you, this point alone is enough for many to see a whole new story. You will find many references to aliens and their crafts and more.

Although some may tsay this is a bit of a far fetched claim when you look at the evidence it all adds up.
It also explains many of the mysteries in the world from the Pyramids and Ancient Egyptians to modern times.

Does this mean the bible should be disregarded?

CERTAINLY NOT !!!

The Bible is an excellent source of knowledge. And YES the prophecies have and do come TRUE, for example, the joining of nations, the description of the end times 'today', "there will be wars and rumours of wars, famines and new diseases, extreme weather conditions" and lets not forget the big give away -
"The Beast forces all, rich and poor free and slave to recieve a mark in their hand or in their forehead, that no one will be able to buy or sell unless he has the mark, this calls for wisdom, he who has insight let him calculate the number of the beast for it is a mans number, and his number is 6 6 6"

YES we do that today. Everything we buy or sell contains a barcode which uniquely is programed to 666. All barcodes have the numbers 666 on them. See the picture below. (if this pic doesn't show on my post its on my website, link below)
This is a computer language, it needs 6 6 6 to process, (but computers were programmed this way of course)!

So, if the bible is not the word of god why do the prophecies come true?

Because they are not prophecies they are plans made by the people who wrote the bible. The bible was written as a form of control and to give humanity a belief system yes, but, it is not all about that and there is a lot of valuable info and contributions in there. A point to note is that although the alien race controlling the Illuminati on Earth are indeed hostile to mankind there are other kinds of entities that do not have hostile intent, in fact my research points me to the fact there are many who want to help. You will see these contributions reflected in the bible.

The church over history have never had to worry about the general public reading the word, this was always done by the priests with their interpretaion and blatant lies that benefitted the church. I can give many examples of todays falsehoods.....
It is written "no one on Earth has the power to forgive sins, only the father in heaven"
Well the church has made a right money spinner out of that one!
It is written "i say, do not swear at all, do not swear on anything, not on the heavens abovefor it is Gods Throne or the Earth for it is Gods Footstool, do not swear as you cannot change a single hair on your head, when God knows every hair on your head.
This would certainly apply to swearing on the Bible (the book in which the very command is written) Yet this mockery is made every day in court by anyone giving evidence, "I swear by almighty god (on the bible with bible in hand) that the evidence I give shall be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth". All of this incedently is said to either a judge or magistrate/s who will be sitting in front of the alien reptoids shield.

Anyway, I think I've put enough so far down on this subject. Would like to hear your comments.

Peace and positive energy to all humanity. (and all alien entities that do not have hostile intent to the human race)

lifttheveil

Edit: Link removed AGAIN.

[edit on 26-2-2006 by intrepid]

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
lifttheveil,

The bible IS the word of GODS. Not gods as we would imagine but, yes, you guessed it, Aliens. Yes, the bible was written by aliens.

That's some ... umm.. Interesting claim. I highly doubt it though. Perhaps abit more evidence to back up your opinion. Such as, what other research BESIDE'S reading the bible and thinking it has to do with aliens. Mind you, I don't believe in god. Religous doctrine's are the work of men and men alone.

The Bible is an excellent source of knowledge. And YES the prophecies have and do come TRUE, for example, the joining of nations, the description of the end times 'today', "there will be wars and rumours of wars, famines and new diseases, extreme weather conditions" and lets not forget the big give away -

Many of these 'signs' have been already happened many time's through out the centuries. The end time's has come and gone so many time's, yet we still managed to survive each supposed end time's situation. There is no judgment day comming. There never was. Be it by god, alien's or clowns. Yes... I said clowns!

"The Beast forces all, rich and poor free and slave to recieve a mark in their hand or in their forehead, that no one will be able to buy or sell unless he has the mark, this calls for wisdom, he who has insight let him calculate the number of the beast for it is a mans number, and his number is 6 6 6"

There is no mark of the beast. No being forced to receive a mark of any kind. This is one of the most ridiculous claim's religous folk like to throw out. No one's forcing you to recieve any kind of marks, so how can people claim that this 'sign' is being fulfilled or already fulfilled? I don't have any 'marks' yet I can buy anything I please, so long as I saved up enough cash for it.

YES we do that today. Everything we buy or sell contains a barcode which uniquely is programed to 666. All barcodes have the numbers 666 on them. See the picture below. (if this pic doesn't show on my post its on my website, link below)

You really believe this? I've gone and checked 5 barcode's already, not one of them have 666 on there. There's a difference between researching a claim and openly being gullible to a claim. I now see which one you chose.

Because they are not prophecies they are plans made by the people who wrote the bible. The bible was written as a form of control and to give humanity a belief system yes, but, it is not all about that and there is a lot of valuable info and contributions in there. A point to note is that although the alien race controlling the Illuminati on Earth are indeed hostile to mankind there are other kinds of entities that do not have hostile intent, in fact my research points me to the fact there are many who want to help. You will see these contributions reflected in the bible.

Are you forgetting older religous belief's written down roughly 2-3 thousand year's prior to the bible? The bible is not some plan as you like to think it is. The bible has many aspect's of it taken from older mythologies. Such as the noah flood. What kind of research have you actually done? Read a few website's here and there that already have these wild claim's without even checking the validity of those claims?

Honestly, I think you need to do abit more research and fact checking.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   

lifttheveil,

That's some ... umm.. Interesting claim. I highly doubt it though. Perhaps abit more evidence to back up your opinion. Such as, what other research BESIDE'S reading the bible and thinking it has to do with aliens. Mind you, I don't believe in god. Religous doctrine's are the work of men and men alone.

On this produkt I agree

Many of these 'signs' have been already happened many time's through out the centuries. The end time's has come and gone so many time's, yet we still managed to survive each supposed end time's situation. There is no judgment day comming. There never was. Be it by god, alien's or clowns. Yes... I said clowns!

THAT IS TRUE, AND THE REASON, because the same method has been used time and time again throughout history, almost identical versions of the twin towers have taken place throughout history and biblical history of tower(s) starting wars

There is no mark of the beast. No being forced to receive a mark of any kind. This is one of the most ridiculous claim's religous folk like to throw out. No one's forcing you to recieve any kind of marks, so how can people claim that this 'sign' is being fulfilled or already fulfilled? I don't have any 'marks' yet I can buy anything I please, so long as I saved up enough cash for it.

And here I quote the bible "they are forever seeing but not understanding" and "he who has ears let him hear"

You really believe this? I've gone and checked 5 barcode's already, not one of them have 666 on there. There's a difference between researching a claim and openly being gullible to a claim. I now see which one you chose.

Yes they do and it is easy to see. I will have a go at posting the pic again without my link as I think its the links that are scoffed on. It is as plain as the nose on your face. Then you can get all your things out from home with barcodes on and confirm it, basically, the two lines that you see, that are on every barcode, that appear three times? you know, (two lines together) one on the left,one on the right and one in the middle, those two lines represent a 6. The 666 doesn't have to be shown in numerics, however if you see the number 6 on a barcode you will usually see these two lines above it as these represent 6, hence everything has 666 printed on it that you purchase.
The reason the changing numbers are shown (remember all the others change according to the item but 666 is a code standard so all have this, the computer programming will not work any other way! is simple and you just have to remember your visits to the supermarket. If the scanner does not recognise the barcode the checkout girl will simply type the digits into her checkout and there is the item, remember she doesnt have to enter 666 because this is the code of program the barcode system knows and The ic chip that is running the program is implanted or connected to her checkout also knows this. You will confirm this yourself if you investigate barcodes.

Are you forgetting older religous belief's written down roughly 2-3 thousand year's prior to the bible? The bible is not some plan as you like to think it is. The bible has many aspect's of it taken from older mythologies. Such as the noah flood. What kind of research have you actually done? Read a few website's here and there that already have these wild claim's without even checking the validity of those claims?
No, I have spent my life on this.

Honestly, I think you need to do abit more research and fact checking.

No, with all respect, rather than dismissing anything you hear offhand without thought because it doesn't agree with your way of thinking, I think ypu would do yourself more justice if you looked into it more.

liftheveil

(I've just send a message to a moderator so i'll check before posting the pic!)

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
OK Heres the pic. Its plain and simple,

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
OK it wasn't plain and simple but it will be when I get this pic on. (intrepid has just told me how to do it, all of us are forever listening but never hearing eh????

Its there on my preview so hopefully its worked this time!

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
And the truth shall set you free! (if you let it, you don't have to work hard here, its as plain as the nose on your face)

Have a look around, everything we buy nowadays has a barcode so there will be a few close by to you at hand. Match it up to the picture.

You will find this with many 'hidden knowledge' things of today. They are hidden in the last place you would look!

RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR EYES

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
lifttheveil,

I'm not dismissing without thought at all. Quiet the opposite. There's nothing indicative in the bible that would suggest an extraterestrial source of any sort. What your doing to "see" it as that, is your already pre-assuming that the bible has an alien origin. That pre-assumption without thought is clouding your judgment and allowing you too see what you want to see. Yes, it say's fiery chariot. Does it literally translate to extraterestrial intergalactic spaceship's from the debulon galaxy of the 5th dimension? No, it doesn't. You'r interpreting that statement to fit YOUR view's and YOUR pre-assumption's. Untill you can get out of such a mindset, you'll never learn much at all I'm afraid.

As for the 666 barcode scam... I did just state that checking 5 seperate barcode's not one contained 666. Again, your reading into thing's and seeing what YOU want to see, not what's actually there. Please do some research, rather then regurgitating these wild claim's without any actual concrete evidence to back them up. Simply stateing that all barcode's have the number 666 imprinted on them and calling that evidence for your claim or for what you read without researching is just ridiculous. Seriously, go through a few barcode's in your kitchen and see how many really do have 666. Perhap's first you should learn howto read a barcode, would help you ALOT. The barcode's I tried matching up with that particular barcode you posted, as you suggested, do NOT match up. You should really learn what barcode's are and how to read them before you start believing any wild claim you see on a website.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
As it happens I do know about the programming of barcodes, if you want I can post details allthough these will be lengthly and technical and take up a lot of my time and space on this thread! I suggest you investigate the matter yourself.

I do appreciate your comments though, the truth will outlive any challenge, and everything should be put to the test, but equally not dismissed off hand.

Proof?

Have you seen the picture?
Every barcode has the 2 lines representing a 6 three times in the exact position. Will you not be happy unless everything else disappears and it is only 666 in capital letters that remains? Would that be enough.

How in your face do you need it?
2 + 2 = 4
the above is of course correct, although a 2 is not a 4 if you add them together thats what they are. Its Simple. Its Fact and its as simple as can be, Look at the pic again and find your barcodes.

lifttheveil

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I seriously doubt you know much about barcode's. If you did, you would know how they work.

Please read this before you spew more idiocy on this thread. As I don't have the time to educate you myself.

/zcnwb

Next time you want to claim something... Make sure you claim something true and not some false BS claim, such as knowing about barcode's. Evidently you don't, and I'm assuming what you claim to know about them was off some website spewing the same idiocy your spewing here.

[edit on 26-2-2006 by Produkt]

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I have posted below some information on Barcodes, which was previously discussed by others in the "Computer = 666 = mark of the beast" thread.

Originally posted by cavscout

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke

Originally posted by billybob
the barcode has a six bar at the beginning, one in the middle, and one at the end. hexadecimal system. yes.

No it doesn't. This is easy to check by anyone, simply pull some stuff out of your cupboards and check the barcodes. You'll see they are all different. This has been revealed as an urban myth more times than I can remember.

Yes, it does. Not an urban myth. It is my understanding that in order to manufacture or import anything for sale in the US, you must have a UPC code involved; it is the law. When you pull things out of your cupboard and they don’t match up, you are looking at tracking codes used by individual companies, not UPC labels.

Right now, I am looking at my Diet Coke. It does not have the three sixes HANGING DOWN on the bar code. What does this mean? It means that the box it was sent to the store in MUST HAVE THE 666 ON IT.
What then is the smaller code that is on the actual bottle? Just a way of keeping track of it in the factory/warehouse/store.

Just check up on the law there, buddy. Anything that is manufactured for sale by a corporation (e.g. - not stuff at yard sales or swap meets) and sold in a retail store must have UPC code on it, and the UPC code will ALWAYS have a six hanging down in the beginning, middle, and end.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 26-2-2006 by ThePunisher]

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Not sure why you posted that here... But the site I posted explain's this whole 666 nonsense, and anyone willing to actually learn something about barcode's can easily figure out that there is no 666 on barcode's. Take my 2 litre bottle of pepsi for example. There is no 6's anywhere on it. The book next to me has only one 6 in it's code. Any moron is capable of LEARNING before they start trying to spew BS and look like an idiot.

Here's another site so you guy's can learn abit more on howto read these code's.

wiki.ehow.com...

Hopefully with those two site's at your disposal and exercising some damn common sense and rationality you'll come to realize how stupid this nonsense truely is.

[edit on 26-2-2006 by Produkt]

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Take my 2 litre bottle of pepsi for example. There is no 6's anywhere on it. The book next to me has only one 6 in it's code.

Produkt, the quote i posted explains why 666 isnt on some Barcode's, for example why it isnt on your bottle of pepsi etc.

Originally posted by cavscout

Yes, it does. Not an urban myth. It is my understanding that in order to manufacture or import anything for sale in the US, you must have a UPC code involved; it is the law. When you pull things out of your cupboard and they don’t match up, you are looking at tracking codes used by individual companies, not UPC labels.

Right now, I am looking at my Diet Coke. It does not have the three sixes HANGING DOWN on the bar code. What does this mean? It means that the box it was sent to the store in MUST HAVE THE 666 ON IT.
What then is the smaller code that is on the actual bottle? Just a way of keeping track of it in the factory/warehouse/store.

Just check up on the law there, buddy. Anything that is manufactured for sale by a corporation (e.g. - not stuff at yard sales or swap meets) and sold in a retail store must have UPC code on it, and the UPC code will ALWAYS have a six hanging down in the beginning, middle, and end.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 26-2-2006 by ThePunisher]

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join