It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeling Colour

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Gabriele Simon, 48 from germany is blind yet she can still identify the colour of something just by touching it. she went on national german telivision (with a blind fold for extra measure's) and could still tell what colour it was

although i couldnt find a link in english here's a german one

www.heilsteinwelten.de...

o i found an english one www.ananova.com...

[edit on 7-12-2005 by trust_no_one]

[edit on 7-12-2005 by trust_no_one]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I've heard of people being able to perceive colors through their fingers. If i recall correctly, that woman isn't the only one, there are rumors of other one or two people being able to do so.

Can't figure out how, though...

[edit on 8-12-2005 by Sparhawk]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
This really is a weird one. The colour of objects is determined by the range and amount of light that they absorb and reflect. Here are a few theories I have come up with:

- She is actually 'feeling' the reflected light as a psychical object. Try touching a photon

- She has adapted or evolved light/colour sensors in her fingers, like the ones in your eyes.

- She has some kinds of psychic ability.

- Someone else is providing her with the information, dead or alive (woooo).

Could be something else. I think the best explanation, if this is real, is that she is kind of psychic. Maybe she developed her psychic abilities because of her blindness.

[edit on 8-12-2005 by Toasty]

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Well, actually the psychic explanation could be possible: personally, as now i feel the presence of people around me to compensate my lack of sight, she, being blind, could have developed even further

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
This is odd .. My cousin is Legally blind .. and cannot operate a car or anything of the sort ... But he doesn't have any special gifts like this ... I did hear of a Girl ... somewhere .. not sure where I will try and google ... she actually could tell if someone had broken a leg ... "X-ray Vision" ... she had been on many television shows .. None that I have seen for myself .... but there were many links on it .... She could actually tell if the person at hand had ever broken a bone in thier lifetime. Thought this may be the same ... reason possibly ... Not sure .. I know people that meditate Heavily have OBE ... I meditate daily although I have never had an OBE ... Anyways .. before I get WAY WAY off subject ... .. I am not sure that the woman is psychic ... other than she just goes with her senses ... ... I have heard that Different Colors Vibrate different wave links ... if you will of energy ... Maybe she has tapped into that Aura ??? My best Guess ...

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Look every one here should watch What The Bleep Do We Know
Its a movie all about quantum physics it has alot of study put into it by many of the top minds in the field.It covers alot of ground...i have posted this info all over but i will do it again.They monitored someones brain while they looked at a certain object.It showed activity in one area of the brain.
Now when asked to think of the object.There was the same activity.
Other recent studies show that we actually move our body and do things before our brain gets the signal.Meaning that our brain does not control what we do but is just a central system tht regulates the movement?
Now that i think about it.This might make sense because we dont know where our thoughts come from or even really how we move our bodies.
This really supports the whole force thing eh.But hey i dont want to open a can of star wars here.

[edit on 14-12-2005 by toraylin]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I think she learned the ability, maybe she feels the color by heat. Or it could have a different texture. I believe it it the same as seeing just using her fingures instead of eyes.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Well...this is kind of related.

My friends and I are singers and we've all discussed how each of us sing with a particular color in our voices - a color that innate to our voices. It's funny how when asked about this - we all agreed as to the color of a particular voice without never having discussed it previously.

Wicked

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I dont know if this has been spoken about, but I'll try and explain it the best I can.

As you may or may not know, light comes in certain wavelengths, thus making it the color that it is. If one has a special tool, which I forgot the name of - haven't taken physics since 12th grade! - one can see the colors emitted by a speeding object. Yes, that's right, objects "emit" colors. When wavelengths are shortened, the color is red - such as in front of a large truck going at a high speed - the waves are compacted, resulting in a range of red/violet colors. The same goes for the opposite, since so much energy is displaced by the truck, the wavelengths behind it are longer, thus resulting in more of a range of blue colors.

What do this have to do with feeling colors? Perhaps these people are attuned to these wavelengths - through nature or the supernatural - and being able to sense them, can get a "feel" for the color they emit.

Just one explanation, I hope that helps!

PS: Just a tidbit of info - This is how they figure out approximately how far stars and other celestial bodies are from the Earth - by the colors they emit!

[edit on 20-12-2005 by Conquistadork]

Tuk

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by toraylin
Other recent studies show that we actually move our body and do things before our brain gets the signal.Meaning that our brain does not control what we do but is just a central system tht regulates the movement?
Now that i think about it.This might make sense because we dont know where our thoughts come from or even really how we move our bodies.
This really supports the whole force thing eh.But hey i dont want to open a can of star wars here.

Sounds extremely interesting, but do u have any other sources for that except "What the bleep do we know"?

I've seen that movie too, but have'nt found anything else to back up theory, that commands to do something come from outside of our brain..

Because when u think about it, if that would be true, it would change everything.
It would prove that we are either in some sort of game(sims ?), OR then it would prove the existence of soul, and there for lot's of other things..

As for that German woman, if it's not hoax of somekind.
Many people who have lost some abilities have learned something new.
Maybe she learned to "feel" photons wavelength, or then it is somekind of remote viewing..

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Well the only thing i can say for now is that.in my own life i have always acted on what ever impulse has come to me.Reacting upon my first thought
has always gotten me into pretty interesting places.I rarely read or watch t.v i happened to watch this movie because a friend said that it was up my ally.I have no time now to get into it look for other posts that i have done

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
There is an old book by Lyall Watson called Supernature that has at least a few pages of information about the subject. As I recall, most of the people that could perform it were blind but it went on to say that sighted people could be taught. Something kind of funny is that most sensed with their palm but some felt more sensitive with other parts such as earlobes and nose tips.

Just a disclaimer, there is much information in the book that is outdated and just flat out wrong. He owns up to this in subsequent books. All that aside, there is a lot of neat info to be had and if you like nature, -some of it's a real treat.

[edit on 12/20/2005 by beezwaxes]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 03:38 AM
link   
There was a couple of other people, all women i think, who could read with other parts of their bodys like finger tips and elbows.

There was a device made for deaf people which picks up vibrations on the skin and sends it to the persons brain as sound, bypassing the ear. The patent office refused to patent it until they tried it on a deaf person working in the office, because they thought it should be impossible to hear without using the ears.

Since all the info we recieve is just different frequencies, some light, some sound, and possibly the vibration of "solid" feeling matter, it should come as no suprise that the detection for the frequency would extend to our largest organ - the skin. Your whole body grows out into specialized appendages, but they all do the same job.

Considering our bodys are really holographic representations of smaller "plans" for our bodys, all the information required to duplicate our body is contained in every cell's DNA, we should allow the possibility that some plans got run together and our vision is not constrained to our eyes. Or better yet, nothing abnormal happened, its just that the smaller holographic You can see and hear also. Theres a full human form in your hand (middle finger is head, next 2 fingers arms, pinky and thumb legs) and a human figure in your ear, and on ur foot; and all over your body theres a place that is a micro representation of your body. And your body is the macro representation of the smaller "men" in every part of your body down to your DNA. Your brain has a person on its left side, I think its upside down, (? i forget exact orientataion) anyways stimulation of the area is felt in the body parts which are lined up on your brain like a small person laying on it.

If we are truely holographic and every part contains the whole, then even your consciousness controls each individual cell. Possibly explaining the healing, and hurting, powers of your mind over your physiology.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   
When a person is blind or deaf their other senses compensate for this deficiency in sense by expanding in other areas, a person that is blind, may have an extraordinary sense of smell and taste. Just as with this woman, her sense of touch has expanded to a massive degree. We all have the possibilities to achieve these results. It goes to show how much of what we do have we don't use.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
When I get Hersheys kisses in the different colours. I find the majority of the time, I know without looking the colour I picked up.

I suffer with a neurological condition. I don't have much feeling in my fingers as a result.

So I think my body and brain are compensating. Anybody can read colours by touch. It is just a matter of concentrating and believing

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I just remebered that the girl in Poltergeist could feel colors..

Anyways i found some blurb about a russian woman whom i spoke of in my last post who could read with her finger tips. Anyways it doesnt get into that, its more about her moving objects.

"The outstanding PK psychic in Russia today is Nina Kulagina, who started out under the tutelage of Professor Leonid L. Vasiliev of Leningrad University. At that time, she was trying to develop her ability at eyeless vision (or dermo-optical receptivity). She recently told Thelma Moss how she got into her present research, saying that once when trying to do this she thought she noticed some of the objects moving."

The page then goes on to talk about her moving small non magnetic objects. Page.

"Scientists have reported in letters to these two young women that Kulagina has been able to stop the beating of a frog's heart in solution and to re-activate it." This was mentioned in the Michael J. Fox movie - Frightners. pretty good movie.

[edit on 12/21/2005 by ViolatoR]

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
synesthesia--when one stimulus invokes another totally different stimulus. For example, some people who can see color with music. Other people can associate numbers with smells.

[edit on 12/22/2005 by AlphaCentauri]

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaCentauri
synesthesia--when one stimulus invokes another totally different stimulus. For example, some people who can see color with music. Other people can associate numbers with smells.

[edit on 12/22/2005 by AlphaCentauri]

Apparently when trippin' on acid or other psychotropic substances, people can see music and feel colors or whatever.

Also I had watched or read something about idiot-savonts or "RainMan" type of people. And the guy was autistic but not so much that he couldnt communicate. He said that when someone gives him a math problem to solve like multiplying 2 numbers, he sees the numbers as shapes or objects in his mind, and the process of multiplication happenes automatically and produces a third object, which he intuitively knows as a certain number. He said it was like "the color RED * the sound of THUNDER = a SQUARE" which is a number he then speaks as the correct answer. I remember he said the number 2 is the thunder sound. Strange way to do math, 'eh? I can barely visualize numbers as numbers, let alone, various objects.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
ViolatoR-that is very interesting about the autistic people. I've always wondered how they can do some of the stuff they can do. What that guy does is pretty amazing! That phenomena should be studied more. That's cool that he could communicate enough to tell us what he was doing.
I agree, I have enough trouble with math, imagine doing it that way!!

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I was thinking NOBODY was going to post baout synesthesia.. I was like, WHAT!?

On some show somewhere, something like 60minutes. There was a guy who I think was Autistic, I'm not sure. But he doesn't talk, he does a few chores around the house (An elderly couple found him on the road when he was really young, like 1 1/2 or something) But when he was younger he couldn't talk at all, and would cry alot, and you could tell that there was something about him the was mentally incapable. But on his 5th birthday, or something, The elderly couple got him a minature Grand piano (Not a Baby grand, smaller than that. Like a starter or something) And while he was supposed to take his nap, the woman heard beautiful music coming from his room, so she went to see what was happening, and the kid was playing something that Behtoven (Sp?) would envy. They had him on 60 minutes, I think, and he was like 20 something, and he was playing the most Amazing Classical music I ever heard, and singing with it too. And I'm not even into Classical.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join