It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a believer!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
So after a while (well, almost 2 years) of willy wallying I've finally joined the side of the believers. I now officially believe that, yes, aliens, whatever they might look like, are visiting us in their funky space crafts.

Raise your voice if you're with me!
Basic attendance thread.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Oh come now. 8 views and not one believer? I refuse to believe that everyone refuses to believe the truth.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Anyone believe in here? Hello?
It's not a hard step to take... come on now, here kitty kitty.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
It is sort of down time on ATS right now. I know you are eager for replies but you won't find many at this time of the day(night).

I believe in Alien life but I'm not a 100% believer in that they are visiting Earth. I believe in UFOs, anything unidentified and flying is a UFO. I believe in flying saucers but I can't be certain they are linked with Aliens.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Hehe, yeah. I was just lookin' for some late night fun. Oh well, let thread die. :¨(

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I want to believe, but its hard to with so much BS out there. I have never seen any UFO's or Aliens but I think other people have(many on ATS). If I may ask Drexon, what was the thing that made you believe?

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Well, there's my SIGHTING!
(I'm tired so I'll do this jokingly) As I said I've been wallowing back and forth.. believing, not believing etc. But I finally came to my senses and realized that what I saw wasn't in my mind, since this afterall is a global phenomenon that doesn't descriminate. There's no country that has Less sightings (well, we don't hear much from Afghanistan, but that's sorta speaks for itself). By logic that should exclude my sighting being a figment of my imagination.

In the end there wasn't a "one big thing" that made the cup flow over, it was a combination of things. I feel there really has been just So, Bloody, Much that point towards the fact that they're here. Humanity has been asking for that one big thing for ages now, but to really believe you have to sorta take a step back and look at the big picture. I did that and finally realized that because I now know that what I saw wasn't of this earth to put it simply.

Sure, debunkers can try and argue with me about... well, it doesn't really matter does it, I know what I saw and that thing wasn't being run on earthly technology, so there.

So if you 'want' to believe... go out there and get yourself a sighting and then just use your brain. Shouldn't be so hard to do? *megarolleyes*

Edit: I'll clear up the grammer tomorrow, now to catch some z's. *Zzz*

[edit on 7-12-2005 by Drexon]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I wish it was that simple. I'm not doubting that you seen an alien craft, but how did you know it was alien? The only thing that would absolutely convince me would be a 90 degree turn at high speeds.

I too think "The Truth" is staring humanity right in the face but were just to blind to see it. What do you think of "God" being aliens?

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I believe in extraterrestrials, and I believe that their craft visit our planet and have for sometime. I've believed this for the better part of my 24 year existence. Yet, I've never seen a UFO or an alien with my own eyes (that I'm aware of). But I've never seen Jesus Christ, either. And I'm a Christian. Faith is believing in what one cannot see, and I have faith that there are intelligent beings out there and that they have an interest in our planet and our people. Whether that interest is good or bad for mankind, or whether it varies between different species visiting us, I cannot say.

I just feel that even if 99% of the sightings and abduction stories are just that- stories, it still leaves that 1% that could be legitimate. There's just too much evidence and personal accounts coming from otherwise normal people for it to be all lies. But its those abnormal people who have the craziest stories who are the focus of the debunkers and non-believers. Unfortunately, the fat lady who lives alone in her trailer with her 24 cats who claims to be abducted by aliens every 3rd Friday of the month for tea and crimpets that ruins the field of UFOlogy for those who would otherwise be interested in it. I think a large portion of the blame for that lies with the governments, who have helped make the subject taboo for the mainstream media and mainstream scientists to really investigate.

I believe that if we took some of the best and brightest minds in the world, and really put some time, effort and money into exploring the idea of ET's and UFO's, that we could reach a definitive and absolute answer about the existence or non-existence of these beings in a few years time. Instead, we'd rather spend millions of dollars teaching our elementary school children how to put condoms on cucumbers, and building recreational facilities for imprisoned murderers, etc, etc rather than investigating what truly could be the most important question in the history of mankind: are we alone?

Sorry for rambling on! So once again to answer your question, YES I whole-heartedly believe in UFO's and ET's!

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drexon
Well, there's my SIGHTING!

I've missed what your 'SIGHTING' was. if you've posted about it, would you link, please? i'm interested to read about it but not inclined to trawl through the site for it.

i'm always interested in (genuinely believed to be) sightings.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Well to put it shortly, I saw a craft that had 2 lights on it, one looking almost exactly like a star, the other one being 'diffused', like unfocusing a camera. Inbetween the lights was an a very hard to spot flickering, it was as if the flickering was trying to match the background sky color. The flickering wasn't something that I noticed right away, it was very hard to spot, and I certainly couldn't have spotted the UFO at all if I wasn't looking at the stars.

Aliens being god? Well, in my new found belief I haven't given it much thought. It is a possibility though, can't deny that. Over and *zzzzzzzzz*. (I'll edit these past 2 posts to sound more cohersive (sp?) tomorrow).

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Sure, I believe in UFOs completely. I have had 3 sightings, 2 of those with other witnesses, and a maybe 4th, but it was all so fast I can't be sure.
I also believe that some UFOs could truly be from out of our own solar system, piloted by aliens. However, I have no proof of this at all, just I believe the possibility.
I do have a hard time believing some of the more far-fetched stuff though (Dulce, secret deals with the US government and the NWO, etc). To me it seems a huge jump from saying "I believe in UFOs" to saying "I believe in UFOs and their occupants are beings from another planet who are abducting humans with the consent of the government who are getting secret technologies in return". Although a lot of people here don't seem to think it's such a big jump...

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Ugh. I always regret my late night shananigans the day after. Oh well, time to steer this one straight.

Sure, I believe.... somewhat, I'll get to that later. To officially believe, that is, to admit to the world, to your friends and family, I think I'll never do I'm afraid. I guess I needed to get it off my chest that I lean towards the possobility that the inhabitants/controllers of these UFOs are infact aliens. With that said I guess I'm not 100% (I hate using percentages but in this case I have to). I can't with a true heart say that I believe that aliens are inside UFOs, because I haven't seen one myself, I've only heard it from 'abductees' and maybe come to that conclusion from the type of technology they display they have.

So what's my angle?
Alien technology exists here on earth? Yes.
Are aliens in their physical body inside these craft? Unknown, but probably.
Aliens exist, here or otherwise throughout the universe? Definately.

4for4> It's a big jump alright, but seeing a UFO (particularly one displaying extreme technology) give you a good hard push in the right direction, wether you like it or not. I was contempt in not believing before my sighting, but the sighting more or less put me on the line of believing with the last step to take myself. Like I said, take a step back and watch the overwhelming quantity of UFO sightings and tell me if you actually think there's nothing going on?

Also, turns out my friend was neighbour with one of Swedens more famous UFO cases, the SAPO (that's NSA to you) was put on the case and displayed utmost interest in this case. This is just a 20 minute ride from me as well, it's a good read. www.ufo.se...

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I wouldn't call myself a believer , because frankly I don't believe in anything. I either am convinced or I'm not .

After my own UFO encounter I know that UFOs ,whatever they are , are very real.

Like you said it seems almost certain that Aliens exist out there somewhere , so if science is ignorant about UFOs and what they are , some UFOs are likely to be of an Alien origin.

So I don't believe , but I am convinced UFOs are real Unknown objects and that Aliens can best explain them.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Hello

I have made a step beyond this "belief" some time ago. I do not believe they are extraterrestrial, i KNOW they are. As Stanton Friedman would say : "too much evidence"...

Also i want to add that this is totally logical for me. Younger civilizations (us) are visited by older ones, who themselves were visited before. A natural cycle in the universe is happening...

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
In other words, Shaman, we're not that far apart then. Here, here's a link to an, in my opinion, very interesting case, the Haknas case.

www.ufo.se...

I've always had a general interest in this case because SAPO (that's NSA to you, concerns national security) displayed interest in the case and because Haknas is a 20 minute drive from here. What really caught me off-guard though, was that one of my closest friends was actually this familys Neighbour, back when he was 8 years old. They knew eachother extensively like any other neighbour in a small village like that, and from what I heard from him they were perfectly normal people who got a glimpse of something extraordinary.

Give it a read folks.

Oh, and that Stanton Friedman quote, simple and brilliant.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Well, I believe that we are being/have been visited by extraterrestrial life forms. But, I also believe that most of what is said/seen is pure BS or misconceptions.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Mjo, det kan man inte förneka... I mean, yeah.. you can't deny that there's a lot of lies out there, but it's generally not hard to tell the difference.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drexon
Mjo, det kan man inte förneka

Anyway, yes you do have a point. For the untrained eye/investigator it may be easy to accept certain things (reptilians anyone?) but luckily there are those who aid the debunking with their expertise.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Ok, as you said, this is nothing more than an attention seeking thread, and you have gotten some. You're a believer? That's nice. Want to know if others are, too? Read the numerous threads in this forum on that topic and you'll see who is and who isn't, and you'll pick up info on your new interest!

Enjoy your reading, and looking forward to contributing threads!

new topics

top topics

join