posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:07 PM
I believe in extraterrestrials, and I believe that their craft visit our planet and have for sometime. I've believed this for the better part of my
24 year existence. Yet, I've never seen a UFO or an alien with my own eyes (that I'm aware of). But I've never seen Jesus Christ, either. And
I'm a Christian. Faith is believing in what one cannot see, and I have faith that there are intelligent beings out there and that they have an
interest in our planet and our people. Whether that interest is good or bad for mankind, or whether it varies between different species visiting us,
I cannot say.
I just feel that even if 99% of the sightings and abduction stories are just that- stories, it still leaves that 1% that could be legitimate.
There's just too much evidence and personal accounts coming from otherwise normal people for it to be all lies. But its those abnormal people who
have the craziest stories who are the focus of the debunkers and non-believers. Unfortunately, the fat lady who lives alone in her trailer with her
24 cats who claims to be abducted by aliens every 3rd Friday of the month for tea and crimpets that ruins the field of UFOlogy for those who would
otherwise be interested in it. I think a large portion of the blame for that lies with the governments, who have helped make the subject taboo for
the mainstream media and mainstream scientists to really investigate.
I believe that if we took some of the best and brightest minds in the world, and really put some time, effort and money into exploring the idea of
ET's and UFO's, that we could reach a definitive and absolute answer about the existence or non-existence of these beings in a few years time.
Instead, we'd rather spend millions of dollars teaching our elementary school children how to put condoms on cucumbers, and building recreational
facilities for imprisoned murderers, etc, etc rather than investigating what truly could be the most important question in the history of mankind:
are we alone?
Sorry for rambling on! So once again to answer your question, YES I whole-heartedly believe in UFO's and ET's!