It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA warned about hurricanes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
FEMA was told last year that if disaster struck they would be grossly underprepared. Their response teams were apparently working off of outdated plans, the teams were also ill-funded and ill-trained. This information was revealed after black victims believe the lack of response was related to racism.

www.msnbc.msn.com
"WASHINGTON - FEMA’s top official was told more than a year before Hurricane Katrina that the agency’s emergency response teams were unprepared for a major disaster and were operating under outdated plans, documents show. "

"The release of the documents comes a day after heated criticism from hurricane victims. On Tuesday, black Katrina survivors told Congress they felt racism played a major role in the government’s slow response to the storm, with some residents telling Congress they believe the government bombed the levees to intentionally breach them"

"Back in 2004, an 11-page memo to Michael Brown, former head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, described response teams that were not prepared and were getting “zero funding for training, exercise or team equipment.”

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Personally, I believe that after last years hurricanes, they would've looked into this. I believe it was last year with Ivan and whatnot. That was disastrous enough, but to be warned about something like this and to just ignore it is just moronic. However, I doubt the levees were bombed, that wouldn't be logical to me. However, I could see racism being a part. Well, at least Brownie got fired.

[edit on 7/12/05 by SFRemmy]

[edit on 10-12-2005 by asala]

join