It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal air marshal fires shot on US plane.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Sorry for the very brief post without even a link, i'm just passing on what i am watching breaking on Sky News at the moment.

It appears that a federal air marshal has had to use his weapon on an american plane in Miami. No more details yet but wil try to keep posted as it unfolds.

Apologies for posting it here in "War on terrorism" also, as yet i am unsure what the situation was around this incident and may not be terrorist related. I just put it here as i have'nt the time to fill a detailed submission on ATS News.

CX.

[edit on 7-12-2005 by CX]

CX

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Heres a link to Sky News, just to show that this has taken place...

www.sky.com...

Hopefully there will be more details soon.

CX.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It's confusing on the news right now, as rescue personell have been to the opening of the plane, but the airport Special Response Team is surrounding the plane as if whatever it is, is not finished.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
airspace closed....MSNBC

CX

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
They are reporting one injured at the moment. They appear to have a stretcher trolley ready. Lots of talk about the amount of police and military on scene, but i guess that was going to be expected the first time an air marshal has to react like this.

They are now saying a passenger claimed to have a bomb and he was shot for threatening behaviour.

CX.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The plane that had just come from Columbia started to unload passengers at Miami airport when a man claimed that he had a bomb and tried to get off the plane. Air Marshalls went after the man and at least one shot was fired.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
......Lots of talk about the amount of police and military on scene.....

Police, and SWAT team. ha, there is no military at the airport or on the scene.

[edit on 7-12-2005 by andpau66]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I guess it was just a matter of time for the iran - colombia axis to start creating problems here in the U.S. If this turns out to be as it sounds - a thwarted terrorist incident - then it sounds like we had the right persons in the right place.

What can we expect from now on? Aircraft bombers today and missiles tomorrow?

[edit on 12/7/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
I guess it was just a matter of time for the iran - colombia axis to start creating problems here in the U.S. If this turns out to be as it sounds - a thwarted terrorist incident - then it sounds like we had the right persons in the right place.

Wow, I would just calm down, centurion. You don't even know the whole story yet and your already saying its a terrorist incident. And are you blaming Iran?

Way to paranoid..

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by andpau66

Originally posted by centurion1211

Wow, I would just calm down, centurion. You don't even know the whole story yet and your already saying its a terrorist incident. And are you blaming Iran?

Way to paranoid..

Read my post again. I said If this turns out to be as it sounds ....

Chill pills for you as well.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
St ory

Department spokesman Brian Doyle said the dead man was a 44-year-old U.S. citizen. It was the first time since the Sept. 11 attacks that an air marshal had shot at anyone, he said.

Just some guy, supposedly claiming he had a bomb and getting killed. Iran was apparently not involved.

And why do they say 'since the 9/11 attacks'? Did air marshals shoot at people that day? If not, why even mention 9/11?

[edit on 7-12-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Sounds like the Air Marshal did his job and did it well.

This man was Bi-polar (a PC word for crazy) and was not taking the meds. Well, he flipped out and paid the price.....one less crazy person for us to deal with.

Im sure his wife already has a lawyer and will file a lawsuit in Miami by Friday.

Maximu§

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I am not shocked at all

If you even claim to have a bomb anywhere near a plane in this post 9-11 world and then "frantically ran down the aisle of the Boeing 757" you should expect that you could get shot.

You cant mess around with that stuff

CX

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I think i'm going to sit back and wait to see how this unfolds before commenting any more. I remember all the celebratory and "serves him right" posts about a certain Brazilian guy being shot on the tube here in the UK. I think i even said it myself. Look at the mess that ended up in!

CX.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I'm bipolar, does that make me crazy
Ignorant fool.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by EddyX
I'm bipolar, does that make me crazy
Ignorant fool.

You might wanna refrain from flying on our airlines with that condition Eddy....we sure don't want you to end up on the tarmac like Mr. Alpizar would we?

Course Not....if your crazy, just check yourself into the Nuthouse and save us all alot of trouble.

Maximu§

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The guy was mentally ill and off his meds. It's sad, it's also pretty clear that the "Iran-Columbia Axis" had exactly diddly-squat to do with it, unless they stole his meds

I don't think the Air Marshall had any other choice but to shoot, if a guy is claiming he has a bomb in his bag and reaching into it next to an airplane full of people, the guy would have been derelict in his duty if he didn't fire, you just cant take that risk.

My sympathies go out to the guy's family and to the Air Marshall that had to shoot him. I don't think it's going to be an easy thing to live with, even if he did do the right thing, the only sensible thing.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
All these is going to end up as a poor mental problematic man that never said that had a bomb in his back pack and that probably had not clue what was going on.

One thing is for sure, the passengers are coming now telling that they never heard him said that he had a bomb.

Just another casualty of the war on terror and perhaps a trigger happy law enforcer.

[edit on 8-12-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
A male passenger onboard that plane was interviewed and said he never heard the word "bomb" until the FBI hauled them away and pointed this out to him.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus

This man was Bi-polar (a PC word for crazy) and was not taking the meds. Well, he flipped out and paid the price.....one less crazy person for us to deal with.

You might wanna refrain from flying on our airlines with that condition Eddy....we sure don't want you to end up on the tarmac like Mr. Alpizar would we?

Course Not....if your crazy, just check yourself into the Nuthouse and save us all alot of trouble.

Maximu§

I think your comments were very inappropriate. Most people develop bipolar mania in their late teens and early twenties due to stress, trauma, genetics, etc., Removed personal insult.

[edit on 8-12-2005 by jsaber802]

[edit on 8-12-2005 by jsaber802]

Mod Edit: Removed Personal Insult.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: WOT Posting Conduct – Please Review Link.

[edit on 8/12/2005 by Mirthful Me]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join