It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien artifacts, Roswell debris, Alien art.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied

Originally posted by Unplugged
from Iraq, I think its 4000 years old..

Does not look human. It has almond shaped eyes, and the baby it is holding is no human baby.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The egyptian one with the helicopter and plane? er or is that the only one?

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
maybe the markings on the "giant acorn" were some sort of blessing prayer?

[edit on 7-12-2005 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
If it's an acorn, where is the cup and the tail? And why are there glyphs in the caption? Why is the man carrying a box? Don't tell me.. Acorn collecting box

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   

If it's an acorn, where is the cup and the tail? And why are there glyphs in the caption? Why is the man carrying a box? Don't tell me.. Acorn collecting box

Again, with the sarcasm. I am willing to admit it is not an acorn but I am not willing to admit it's a spaceship. Again, as for the "glyphs" I haven't seen the original painting so don't know if they're on there or not. If you do a google on ume no chiri or dust of apricot you'll see this painting only comes up on ufo website as proof so as for the true source I have no idea.

But here's a sight that thinks the whole story is based on old folklore and that the folklore itself is fiction based on the japanese paranoia of outsiders:

www.findarticles.com...

So again I ask you is it worth your energy to attack the guy trying to find a rational explanation or should you maybe do some unbiased leg work yourself.

I don't know why the guy is carrying a box but then again I never claimed to have the answers, just offering suggestions.

I suppose if I had posted something along the lines of hey I had a vision just like the ship in the painting you'd have been more interested in what I have to say.

Time to loosen the tinfoil hat.

Just to make it clear stever it wasn't you that convinced me it wasn't a
represenation of an acorn but the skeptical enquirer story.

I do appreciate that you made me your signature though, that was nice, seriously.

SPiderj

[edit on 12/7/2005 by Spiderj]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I don't think I ever said it was a spaceship. It could be anything, really. But a magic acorn it is not. No offense implied but that made me laugh, even if it has some factual basis.

What interests me the most is the gylphs, and of course the proportion of the object compared to the man, is rather like the same size foo fighter's (small pod like ufo) are.

As for helicopters in ancient times, Da Vinci thought of the helicopter concept.. so it's not all that wacky to see a picture in Ancient Eqypt. Whether they built one or not, is disputable. You'll probably laugh at my conjecture, but the Romans did actually assemble a working steam engine. The tech was forgotten until the past couple hundred years when it was "reinvented."

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Again I never said it was a magic acorn, I said it may be a representation of an acorn.

In art a lot of times figures of cultural signifigance are exagerated in some way either made bigger or smaller to make a statement or convery a message of some sort, I did not mean for anyone to take it literally, I thought people would understand what I meant by representation.

Since the story is in fact a fiction I would think the glyphs are gibberish.

IT's highly possible that the glyphs were added to the picture after it was scanned in some computer, as I stated before the only mention of this is on ufo sights and there don't seem to be any pictures of this page other than the one shown.

Spiderj

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Its clearly an alien scout drone

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
those are some awesome links guys.

thanks!

those artifacts are so interesting! and they span time and locations...

-UnterMir

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The best site for this kind of stuff.

www.ufoartwork.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Below are Egyptian Inscriptions reportedly found at the Temple of ABYDIOS.
The image clearly shows an airplane and helicopter.

I remember reading somewhere that this was a fake and the helicopters were added or altered, something like that.

Ok, this one looks seriously reptilian to me, what do you think?

That's just plain kick ass!
I don't know what it's for or what it's about but i want one for my mantle.

I saw a documentary on African religions and one of the elders had this item which was covered in 'Gods' and they all looked like weird animal/alien/humanoids and apparently that was because the Gods told them they aren't allowed to depict them as they actually are which is why a lot of these ancient depictions look like strange creatures that couldn't possibly exist.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I can answer two of the three...

I was looking initially for just alien artifacts, and came across this site, you probably have seen before.

But some things are pretty amazing, dubious, and doubtful.
But your input, opinions are warmly welcome.
Here's a painting from Japan 1803.

I strongly suspect this is a fake, because the art on the "spaceship" is so terribly wrong.

At that time, the only way of drawing was with ink brushes, and they liked a line that was variable and flowed (if you look closely at the robes of the man, you see that the lines are thicker in some areas and thinner in others. This isn't as much a function of age as it is of the style of painting.

Now look at the UFO. It looks like it was drawn by a Sharpie pen. Line width is all the same, coloring is inconsitant and there's no perspective in the square-shapes on the top. In contrast the box that the man is holding shows accuracy in lines and accuracy in perspective.

I'm voting "crude hoax."

The two pics below are of a small quartzite human effigy from the Missippian period which may have alien influence in its design. Note the eyes and count the fingers, see size of head, etc. This artifact was found in Washington County, Virginia on a big Indian habitation site.

I'm going to cry "hoax" on this for a couple of reasons.

#1... that's not quartzite. I'm an old rockhound and know my rocks. That one's limestone.
#2... the Indians of that area didn't do images in stone. Copper, yes. Wood, yes. Shell, yes. And I believe they also did pottery images. But not stone ones. And what's with the hairstyle? It looks like the Invasion Of Dennis Rodman.

Below are Egyptian Inscriptions reportedly found at the Temple of ABYDIOS.
The image clearly shows an airplane and helicopter.

Actually, what it shows is the Wonders Of What You Can Do In Photoshop. It's part of an inscription in ancient Egyptian, and is one of the titles of Rameses: "Defender of the land from the nine foreign enemies" is roughly the way it goes. Check Ancient Civiliziations thread here.

Ok, this one looks seriously reptilian to me, what do you think?

That one's genuine. We haven't found any inscriptions that explain the goddess or the cult so we don't know her name or attributes.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
We haven't found any inscriptions that explain the goddess or the cult so we don't know her name or attributes.

It's a she? Um, what makes you think so?

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   

ufocasebook.com...

Everyone follow this site and scroll to the next to last row. There is a picture all the way to the left that says

"Cemetery in Aurora, Texas where an alien pilot was buried after its UFO crashed."

Anyone have any other info on this. Surely this can't be true. I might just drive over to Texas and dig it up myself if it is.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Thats a she, scary mary.

Even though u feel the japense ones a fake, still would be interesting to know what the text reads.

The buried alien pilot, heck why dont yer do it.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   

I think we could be on to something here....

Anothe rlink for alien drawings www.marsearthconnection.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

That one's genuine. We haven't found any inscriptions that explain the goddess or the cult so we don't know her name or attributes.

Now that reply I did not expect to read.

Byrd, do you know anything else about this piece - i.e. where it was found, dating of the item and such?

When I saw this one, I thought it looked like some plaster-cast type bust, like you'd find in comic book stores or something.

[edit on 8-12-2005 by VelvetSplash]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rren

Haratonohama, Hitachi, Japan ~ 1803
The book "Ume No Chiri" (Dust of Apricot)
tells us that a "foreign ship and crew" was once
witnessed at Haratonohama (Haratono Seashore)
in Hitachi no Kuni (Ibaragi Prefecture), Japan.
The outer shell was made of iron and glass ~
and strange letters were seen inside the ship.
Notice also four examples of alien heiroglyphs

If the translation is accurate (I'm doubtful) it is very interesting.

[edit on 8-12-2005 by Phood]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
www.sculptor.net...

www.ufodigest.com...

[edit on 8-12-2005 by Reckon]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I think that Japanese figure is a woman.

And I knew that big lizard sculpture was modern.. hehe. Certainly nothing to stress about on ATS.

[edit on 8/12/05 by SteveR]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join