It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia kisses up to GWB again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 04:50 AM
link   
news.ninemsn.com.au...

yes once again, our wonderful prime minister Johnny shows just how much he is Bush's lap dog. Bring on the next election, I want him voted out.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Classic Howardism:

Mr Howard, however, tried to turn the figures on their head.

"It (the poll) said if you add together the people who don't believe there was any misleading and say that the misleading was unintentional you get about 70 per cent indicating that I acted in good faith," he said.

Yes, a complete jerk.

Aside from attempting to cement regional interests, the whole involvement in this sordid saga with the US is also about securing favorable trading terms.

But as always, when the utility of the Australian involvement in Iraq is over, the US as one of the most protectionist economies to be found, will spit out its partner from all consideration. Probably about the time Howard is out of office, what's more.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 03:00 AM
link   
The situation with Howard is a practical demonstration of the Australian reliance on the United States for defense. Howard like or loathe him is a clever opportunist who all ways has a degree of plausible deniability up his sleeve when the situation goes bad as it frequently does. At the moment in Australia debate on the accuracy on the intelligence on Iraq that helped Howard to decide to commit Australia to the war is being debate and accusations banded about in not dissimilar fashion to what been going on in the united kingdom.

As all ways Howard had that old plausible deniability working overtime. The polls showed that most thought the intelligence that led Australia to back the United States was � sexed up� but that Howard was unintentional in his actions in misleading Australia and was mislead like the rest of us.

Regardless if you supported the war or didn�t you have to love that degree of separation Howard has achieved with anything that goes wrong.
Australia having the U.S bases on its soil is actually not a bad thing because of the regional security situation but the blind obedience that is being show from our leaders is a disgrace

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Principles of the
Nuremberg Tribunal, 1950

Principle Vl

The crimes hereinafter set out are punishable as crimes under; international law:

1. Crimes against peace:

-1. Planning, preparation, initiation or waging of a war of aggression or a war in violation of international treaties, agreements or assurances;

-2. Participation in a common plan or conspiracy for the accomplishment of any of the acts mentioned under (i).

2. War crimes:

- Violations of the laws or customs of war which include, but are not limited to, murder, ill-treatment or deportation to slave-labor or for any other purpose of civilian population of or in occupied territory, murder or illtreatment of prisoners of war, of persons on the seas, killing of hostages, plunder of public or private property, wanton destruction of cities, towns, or villages, or devastation not justified by military necessity.

3. Crimes against humanity:

-Murder, extermination, enslavement, deportation and other inhuman acts done against any civilian population, or persecutions on political, racial or religious grounds, when such acts are done or such persecutions are carried on in execution of or in connection with any crime against peace or any war crime.

www.rise4news.net...

"Therefore the possession of chemical, biological, or even worse still, nuclear weapons by a terrorist network would be a direct undeniable and lethal threat to Australia and its people. That is the reason above all others why I passionately believe that action must be taken to disarm Iraq." - John Howard in his March 2002 Address to the Nation.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Bah. I wouldn't care if we became the 51st State of America ;P

I reckon it'd be pretty damn awesome, strengthen both countries economically, politically, defence/offense capabilities.

Just think of all the jobs that would be created.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
Bah. I wouldn't care if we became the 51st State of America ;P

I reckon it'd be pretty damn awesome, strengthen both countries economically, politically, defence/offense capabilities.

Just think of all the jobs that would be created.

no i dont think so, i have nothing against americans or anything but we need to be our own country which includes being a republic,

No offence intended but

why do we need the queen again??

just my .02c

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 10:45 PM
link   

no i dont think so, i have nothing against americans or anything but we need to be our own country which includes being a republic,

agreed 100%

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I was as outraged as anyone to see John Howard's sucking up to Dubya. To see him fawning at the feet of Bush made me feel ill. But there is another side to it.

Bush is a power freak, and he is well known to use force to get his way.

I believe it is no coincidence that when we had all the demonstrations protesting the impending US invasion of Iraq, the very well organised Bali bomb blast killed many Australians.

I believe it was made very clear to John Howard that he publicly supports the US in the mythical the war against terrorism, or there will be more CIA sponsored terrorism on Australian soil.

The give away, was that no group came forward to claim responsibility for Bali. This was also the case with the WTC attack. The scape goats they tried in Indonesia sure did it o/k, but the organisation and money behind it came from USA.

So little johny gets to choose. What would you have done ?

In sticking his nose up GWBs behind he has probably prevented future bomb blasts in Sydney or Melbourne.

As it is, Iraq was invaded anyway, and we suffered no military deaths. The only real casualty has been Howard's nose.

During Dubya's next visit here, I believe little johny will be threatened again, but this time it will be with the Australian dollar. If he does not do what he is told, the Aussie dollar is going to rise very high, very quickly, and we are going to have real trouble exporting anything at all. Watch the Aussie $ and see what happens. Should be really interesting.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Yeah, I know its hard for you to believe that some don't buy into the idealism of the NWO/OWO with pukes like the French leader ruling over us, but guess what, many of us don't buy into the garbage. USA and Australia has been friends, allies and buds for decades. Unless there is a swell in the moron ranks, we will continue to be so.
Here's another article, another viewpoint:
www.smh.com.au...

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Well i thought Australia was one of our allies - I remember the morning of Sept 12th talking to friends in Melbourne - and hearing their fears and how the world should be together on that. I guess if you want to play the world stage alone thats fine by us.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Never has there been a more natural alliance. BOTH of us began as either cast outs or religious escapees of the Crown.

BOTH of have an indominable spirit of ability and fearlessness of the future and the world around us.

BOTH of us have mastered our land and our minds with innovations and attempted corrections of our forebears misdeeds with the Native population.

BOTH of us beleive in and mandate freedom and LIBERTY for one and all.

BOTH of us enjoy unprecedented wealth and life styles envied the world over.

Where's the problem again?

P...
m...

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Not all Australian PMs have been or will be sycophants of corrupt US 'presidents'.

Not all real POTUSes are as corrupt as the incumbent and his admin. In fact none of them have been.

The Howard term will run its course and people will reflect on how xenophobia and low human qualities were used repeatedly to keep the crud peddled by the Howard government at the top of the agenda.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I have nothing against the American people. To say that Nixon, Clinton, the various Bush presidents were and are corrupt, might be seen as bashing America.

Or just might it be true ? I would like to see another George Washington over there, then maybe we could all sleep a little easier.

We have had some pretty bad politicians over here too.

top topics

join