It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Stanley Tookie Williams deserve clemency??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Well, tomorrow is the scheduled clemency hearing for Stanley Tookie Williams, famed co-founder of the Crips some twenty-five years ago, and now facing a December 13th execution for the killing of four people in two separate robberies.

Frankly, I'm shocked at the number of websites calling for YES on clemency for this thug...but what's YOUR opinion?? Here's the Wikipedia article on Stanley Tookie Williams:

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm only including this link for one reason. It's is very much insightful, and fact filled. From here, you can link to a dozen other pages for more info. As for an opposing viewpoint, simply google his name, and then you'll have dozens of reasons as to why he should be spared.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
No, I think he does not. He is a KILLER, plain and simple!

Here is a GREAT thread detailing just about every aspect of this case.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's a pretty good thread with much heated debates within.

- One Man Short ®

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Absolutely not, Killers, especially on the scale he is dont deserve clemency. That would be proposterous!Isn't the only reason they want clemency because he would be the 1000 person executed or somethin...i may be wrong, but that is also a stupid idea.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
He should be put to death. He took pleasure in the killing of others, it sick to see some people call for him to win peace awards.

I agree that he may have changed (and i'm glad) but, it just means he can now meet his makers with a better soul.

The families of those he killed would really suffer if his sentance was not carried out, and they have said so.

Just my two cents...

-- Boat

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
He has been convicted, sentenced, and exhausted his appeals process. It's time for his sentence to be executed.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Yeah, well when you shoot someone, then make jokes about the sounds he makes as he dies, all you need to do is write some crappy childrens books. Too bad, the law is the law, and it is time to remember the victims.

no circumventing the censors please

[edit on 12-7-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
He deserves the same clemency he gave his victims.
NO ............he deserves to die a long painful hideous death.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Hang the bastard high.

He killed in cold blood, assaulted guards and fellow inmates, exhausted taxpayer time and money.

DE

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
No clemency.

If they do grant him clemency watch for an avalanch of death row inmates scurrying to start writing children books.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
He should be spared for his crimes and be able to follow Jesus on the path to richousness... Not!!!! I hope he gets fried, kill and be killed. I don't see why the Govenator went and talked with snoop who is sort of a crip himself. Does anyone know if the execution will be on pay per view?

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
No clemency whatsoever. In fact I hope they use the more distressing California gas chamber execution method on this thug instead of the sanitized painfree lethal injection.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
So far it's all "No Clemency" votes, and my opinion in this case lies in the mainstream.

I thought there might be some dissent here.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I don't believe in God so I can't speak as Bush did as Governer of my state in saying "Let God sort it out" refering to the execution of Carla Fay Tucker for killing the dude with the axe but, no I don't think he should be killed but I am against the death penalty in general.

It's not right. He should be in prison without the possibility of parole until they carry his body out of his cell to the graveyard.

I'd give him the choice. Think about it, which is worse, Life, or the easy way out IMO, death?

Why not let him choose? Why not? It would save alot of taxpayers' money. I'd rather die than spend the rest of my life confined. What difference would it make if the State executed him or the State kept him behind bars forever? That's worse than death IMO and BTW, cheaper.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Tex, the only problem with your theory of Life Without The Possibility Of Parole, is that a "Lifer" sentence doesn't really exist. I live in California. Here, we have over 160 people on LWTPOP sentences...mostly. Charles Manson was a "Lifer" and guess what? He now gets regular parole hearings. In fact, we have almost forty other "Lifers" who also have regular parole hearings. It's crazy!

*sheesh* But for the grace of God, Stanley could do all of this in Texas...and become a statistic.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
No Clemency. He didn't kill in self defence or anything but in cold blood

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I just cant believe that some people(mostly the celebrities defending him) think he deserves clemency. He has never admittied to or appologized for his crimes. Although the evidence against him was overwhelming. I wonder if these folks defending him are even thinking of the four victims families at all. They deserve the justice of seeing this man put to death for taking the lives of four others.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Oh yeah, real fair. I make the thread first here and then it gets moved to "Social Issues" where it gets virtually no traffic. Now the exact thread is made in the exact place (it looks like the creator exactly copied my post), yet is left in tact.

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 8-12-2005 by Dr Isaac Yankem DDS]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
His death would do no one any good. Society will not be bettered, the victims will not be brought back to life, and the families lives will not change. All that will happen is that we will have another grieving family, and a few less books for our children to read. He's not asking to be freed, by the way, only to live the rest of his life in prison. This way he can continue to try to help people. whether he believs in it or not, he's still helping people.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mxboy15u
and it is time to remember the victims.

That says it all.

I'm against the death penalty. However, at this time the
law is the law and he shouldn't receive any special treatment.
Those in Hollywierd who keep calling him a 'treasure' have
completely forgotten to ask the victims families what they want
to do with that 'treasure'.

It's up to them. If THEY want to ask for him to be spared,
then that's something to consider. Otherwise, he is subject
to the law as the rest of us are. He has only himself to blame
for where he is.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I'm against the death penalty.

If you are a christian how can you be against the death penalty?

Christ could have saved the two thieves he was with but did not.

He could have saved John the Babtist, but did not.

God could have not destroyed the planet with a flood.

The death penalty is going to be applied to all not written into the book of life in the end.

Christians against the death penalty miss the teachings of the bible.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join