It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

V for Vendetta movie info.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The official website now has over 80 new storyboards and photos.

vforvendetta.warnerbros.com

Also expect to see a preview of X-Men 3: The Last Stand when V for Vendetta hits the screen.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Here is a movie clip of "V" where Portman gets "processed."

Movie clip.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by obiwan15
Ahh i was wondering about your avatar and signature

I have never even heard of this comic before and that guys mask looks damn freaky.Im not much of a fan of natalie portman but hugo weaving is a good actor in my opinion so it will be interesting to see how this works out

Obiwan expressed my sentiments. I've never heard of this comic before. I presume that it's a British comic which explains why I've never come across this particular title before. So I find it difficult to get excited about the film's debut except for the fact that it would appear that Natalie Portman has a role. I simply love Natalie Portman. Ever since "The Professsional", I've felt hormonally compelled to see this, ahem, talented actress. So I know that I'm going to see this movie whether it's comic book related or not.

Thanks for the "heads up" on this film, Umbrax.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
"Because the people shouldn't fear the government, the government should fear the people"

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Time.com has a good (and long) article on V for Vendetta.

Is it possible for a major Hollywood studio to make a $50 million movie in which the hero is a terrorist? A terrorist who appears wearing the dynamite waistcoat of a suicide bomber, and who utters the line--from beneath a full-face wooden mask that he never takes off--"Blowing up a building can change the world"? A movie written and produced by the Wachowski brothers, the cyberauteurs who created The Matrix? Starring Natalie Portman, shaved as bald as Demi Moore in G.I. Jane?

These are not rhetorical questions. V for Vendetta, set for release March 17, is that movie, and it is the most bizarre Hollywood production you will see (or refuse to see) this year. It's the kind of film that makes you ask questions like, Who thought this was a good idea?

It definitely started with a good idea. The man who had it was Alan Moore, probably the greatest writer in the history of comic books. In 1982 Moore--who also wrote Watchmen and The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen--began publishing an almost unbearably dark series of comic books set in a dismal, dystopic future Britain ruled by an oppressive Orwellian government. V for Vendetta starred, instead of a superhero, a bitter, brilliant, at least half-insane resistance fighter known only as V, whose face was permanently hidden behind a grinning mask that, if you're English, you recognize as the face of Guy Fawkes. (Who--again, if you're English--you know as the proto-terrorist who tried and failed to blow up Parliament in 1605.)

Click the link above to read the full article.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Movies.yahoo.com now has three V for Vendetta trailers and 6 clips of the movie ready for your viewing pleasure.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Today was the release date for the movie.
I won't get a chance to see it until next week.
Some good reviews for it so far

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I thought it was pretty good. It stuck fairly close to the book, and the relationships to current events are pretty obvious, unlike other Alan Moore addaptations. Hopefully this will get out to enough people, and everyone will see the relationships.

Definately a must see.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I watched it last night and loved it.

Totally one of my favorite comic movies. A recommended movie for any ATSer. I hope it inspires people not to give up their freedoms for security.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   

www.boxofficemojo.com

'V for Vendetta' Bombards the Top Spot

V for Vendetta governed the weekend with a forceful estimated $26.1 million at 3,365 locations, including about $1.45 million from 56 IMAX venues.

Written and produced by the Wachowski brothers (The Matrix trilogy) and adapted from Alan Moore's comic book, Warner Bros.' $50 million anti-totalitarian action thriller wasn't explosive enough to turn overall business around, which trailed last year for the fifth weekend in a row—the same frame in 2005 was led by The Ring Two's $35.1 million.

"We were looking for something in the low-to-mid $20 million range (for V for Vendetta)," said Dan Fellman, Warner Bros.' president of distribution. "This was a tough weekend for young males, with St. Patrick's Day and the NCAA tournament. I guess you were better off owning a bar on Friday than a theater. We're well positioned, because we're just starting to get into the rolling spring breaks with colleges." Fellman noted that moviegoers' reactions in exit polling were comparable to the first Matrix and that the audience was 60 percent male and evenly split between those over and under 25 years old.

I'm very happy this movie is doing well at the box office.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Here is a clip from The Daily Show.
kungfurodeo.com

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
good movie...

not a "chick-flick" though...

wifey didn't enjoy it :shk:

it had a great message though...

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
they see ALL.

My wife was either crying or confused through the whole movie.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I was hoping to see it asap, however my girlfriend was pushing for 16 blocks last night so I caved. It was excellent, and there was a preview of V for Vendetta in it and for the first time I had a solid glimpse of what the movie is all about.

I had a good idea anyways, but after seeing this trailer it has me dying to see it. Deffinately makes a strong political statement without being too specific.

I am currently holding my breath to see it.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Great movie! One of my favorites (and I didn't go to the theatre with expectations either - I was pleasantly surprised).

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
they see ALL.

My wife was either crying or confused through the whole movie.

really!?!?!?

that's funny sir...

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
V for Vendetta's Official website has been updated with a new stunt video for "Fingermen Alley" and "TV Station Siege," plus new concept art.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   

www.darkhorizons.com...
"V for Vendetta" Sequel Planned
Posted: Saturday April 1st, 2006 6:20am
Source: WQ8Q-FM
Author: Garth Franklin

With the Alan Moore graphic novel adaptation "V for Vendetta" having opened well and drawn far less fire from conservatives than expected, Warner Bros. Pictures has decided to move forward with plans for a sequel that takes even riskier steps reports Kayle Ross during the 'Drive Time Movies' segment on Atlanta's WQ8Q-FM.

With Moore having 'disavowed' the first film due to the changes made to his source work, he's apparently being enticed back to rewrite and polish the story for a sequel by assurances the studio will give him "carte blanche over the script" and "can go as dark and confrontational as he wishes". The result, which they expect to be too severe to pass the MPAA's muster, will be shot and released unrated on DVD with a truncated R-rated version hitting theatres a few months before.

Notice the date?

Having a "V" sequel would be like having a fourth Lord of the Rings movie.

I figured I would post this in case anyone found it and thought it was for real.

[edit on 3/4/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Man I knew it!!!!
Hollywood just couldn't resist the temptation of another huge payday. I'm so tired of this. I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope they do the original justice.

What's the matter with some of yall's spouses? My girlfriend was ready to get her Guy Fawkes on when the movie was over.

Peace

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Man I knew it!!!!
Hollywood just couldn't resist the temptation of another huge payday. I'm so tired of this. I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope they do the original justice.

It is an April fools joke, Dr Love.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join