It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

V for Vendetta movie info.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

vforvendetta.warnerbros.com... Official website

V for Vendetta is a graphic novel written by Alan Moore and penciled by David Lloyd. The book takes place in a future Britain where a masked freedom fighter known as "V" works to destroy the fascist government.

The comic was originally printed in black and white back in 1982 and ran until 1985. David Lloyd came up with the idea to dress "V" as Guy Fawkes.
Any ATS member will enjoy this story.

Alan Moore is a British writer, well known for his work in the comic industry. His books, Watchmen, V for Vendetta, From Hell and The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen are all highly acclaimed books and a few of them have become movies. Other notable Moore works include Marvelman/Miracleman, Swamp Thing, and America's Best Comics. Moore refuses to work for Marvel comics because of a legal dispute over Moore's Marvelman character (known as Miracleman in America.)

Moore has never watched any film based on his comics.

Movie Cast

Natalie Portman as Evey Hammond

Hugo Weaving as V

Stephen Rea as Finch
John Hurt as Sutler

For a full cast listing visit www.imdb.com

Released images from the movie

from superherohype.com

Trailer

Click here for the trailer.

The movie will be released March 17th 2006. I will post any thing new I find on this thread.

[edit on 7/12/2005 by Umbrax]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Who are all these people looking at this thread? There have been 100 views since I've posted this 3 hours ago. That has never happened to me before (In a thread with out any replies).

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This series is very near and dear to my heart, so I'm very curious to see how Ms. Portman handles Evey. I would be very surprised if this movie, in todays political climate, can be made with the comics anarchic anti-fascism stance. BUT.....I would absolutely love to be wrong, and see Parliament go up in a ball of flame.

[edit on 7-12-2005 by round_eyed_dog]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I have to say, Alan Moore movies are never as good as his books. From Hell was okay, but was but a shadow of the graphic novel. League of Extraordinary Gentlemen looks like crap, I never bothered to watch it. I'm sure V for Vendetta wont be as good as the book, but I love Hugo Weaving and Natalie Portman.

I remember reading an interview with Alan Moore. He said he isn’t interested in watching these movies because he wrote them for the comic book format. A movie just isn't the same and probably won’t do the book justice.
I'm still looking forward to this film though. Who knows it may inspire some people.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Ahh i was wondering about your avatar and signature

I have never even heard of this comic before and that guys mask looks damn freaky.Im not much of a fan of natalie portman but hugo weaving is a good actor in my opinion so it will be interesting to see how this works out

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I'm hoping to get a copy of the book for Christmas. Watching the trailer really got me excited about the movie. I really think folks on ATS will enjoy the story of V for Vendetta.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I don't know how I missed posting this information on the first post.
The movie's screenplay is written and produced by the Wachowski Brothers (maybe I'm still mad about Matrix 2 & 3 :lol

I know the Wachowski Brothers are comic fans. In fact they used to (and have returned to) writing comic books. Knowing this, I would imagine they will treat V for Vendetta with the utmost respect. Just like Sam Raimi did with the Spider-man movies.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Harry Knowles of Ain't It Cool News got to see an advanced screening of V for Vendetta at the latest BNAT (Butt-Numb-A-Thon).

Here is a bit of his review of the movie.

I was not prepared for V FOR VENDETTA. This is the most intense cinematic cry for Anarchy since A CLOCKWORK ORANGE.
When you see them promoting it as UNCOMPROMISED VISION. That's absolutely right.
THEY NAILED IT! You never see V's face. The voice - PERFECT. Natalie Portman - BRILLIANT. Everybody PERFECT. Adrian Biddle's last film as DP is a revelation and a revolution! This was my favorite film of the festival.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
apple.com has the new trailer up and running. Click the link below to view the trailer.

www.apple.com...

There is no way I'm going to miss this movie in the theater.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The official web site has added a virtual tour section.

vforvendetta.warnerbros.com...

You get to see four VR sets in this new feature.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
hollywoodreporter.com has a review up on their website.

In a political environment that can brew controversy out of allegorical children's fables or a documentary about penguins, it is hard to imagine the intensity of feeling that will greet "V for Vendetta," a movie whose heroes are terrorists. One foresees news talk shows in which red-faced pundits denounce the filmmakers and call for boycotts. Given a film as entertaining and solidly crafted as this one, such attention could turn into strong boxoffice.

I just got tingles up my spine thinking about the controversy that may surround this film.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
egotastic.com has got some new high-res promo pictures of Natalie Portman.

There are seven pictures found on the link above.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Available February 22, 2006 from DC direct is the V for Vendetta Prop Replica Movie Mask. See your local comic retailer to get your own mask.

www.dccomics.com

This limited edition, hand-painted cold-cast porcelain replica measures approximately 10.5" high x 6.5" wide x 7" deep and is displayed on a sculpted base. This replica was constructed from a mold of the actual movie prop, includes a full-color Certificate of Authenticity, and is packaged in an elegant black gift box with foil stamping. Limited edition of 500.

[edit on 1/1/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I remember loving the V for Vendetta comic when i was a kid. This movie is gonna rock.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   

www.superherohype.com
IMAX Corporation and Warner Bros. Pictures today announced that V For Vendetta, a thrilling action-adventure from the creators of "The Matrix" trilogy, will be simultaneously released to IMAX® and conventional theatres on March 17, 2006. Produced by Joel Silver and the Wachowski Brothers, directed by James McTeigue and starring Natalie Portman, V For Vendetta will be digitally re-mastered into the unparalleled image and sound quality of The IMAX Experience® through IMAX DMR® (Digital Re-mastering) technology. Warner Bros. Pictures will be the exclusive distributor of the film

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
If you missed the V for Vendetta trailer durring the Super Bowl yesterday. You can now view it on the official movie website.

Super Bowl Trailer.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I rarely go to the theater since I prefer to watch movies at home, but this is one experiance that I cannot miss on the big screen. I never read the comics but this looks like it will be on helluva movie.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Same here JediMaster. I only go to the theater 3 or 4 times a year. I think V for Vendetta is the kind of movie that most ATSers would love to watch.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Man saw the clip for it during the Superbowl last night. The plot looked really interesting but then I saw that mask :bnghd:

Man that thing is lame looking that could ruin the movie for me. Well that and Natalie Portman with a shaved head *yuck*

I really lost faith and respect for the Wachowski Brothers after the downward spiral that was the Matrix. The first one was so good and had so much potenial.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This definately looks to be an interesting flick, though I think its going to be a crossroad point for the Wachowski Brothers due to the lackluster preformance of the second and third Matrix movies. Even if they slaughter the story (which is entirely possible) I'm sure the action and cinematics will be decent enough to keep the non-hardline fans interested.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join