It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Newsies" on DVD!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I was christmas shopping for my family last weekend on Saturday at Best Buy, and they had a collector's edition of the DVD. Do you think they released it because of mine and other's e-mails and fan, fanfic sites, etc. or because Disney is usually a republician party company as a way for the public to "vent" and feel like they have a chance against the powers that be?

[edit on 12/7/05 by bsbfan1]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I dont know what Newsies are ..I am not familiar with this term.

I will tell you however that since the death of Walt Disney...the Disney Corporation has made a change in how and why it does buisness. I dont think at all that they are conserative..they may be Republican on the outside but to be correct or accurate you need to use the term Republican Liberal. Republicans are slowly and subtilty moving to the left...on alot of issues.
Disney has moved to the left of center or where it was positioned in the days when Walt Disney was alive.
One would be surprised to learn of what Disney Corporation is diversified into in the buisness world. Not just Disney but this applies to many corporations.

Disney has long since lost its luster to me..Sorry if this hurts the feelings of many posters..but this is my view.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I've had "Newsies" on VHS for years. I don't see it being released in a DVD set as a political ploy by the Disney Corporation.

Great movie though, it's nice to see the little guy win.

And a great cast.........

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I love that movie. It was Christian Bale first BIG movie! I love it!
But who knows, the last e-mail I did, I linked it to Yahoo, so their people could see all the websites about it and the new stories people are making up about it. That might have done it, but who knows?

new topics

top topics

join