It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush X-Mas card

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Have any yankee republicans get their card yet. I heard he wrote happy holidays in it. A man you claims to be a born again christian should have used a more appropriate comment......like Merry Cristmas.

I don't want to hear that he was respecting other religions. If i send out a card it reflects my beliefs. If some one who is jewish sends out a card to me i would expect they would say happy hannika.

So my point is Bush didn't stand by something he says he is a firm believer in, which then makes me think he is for sure working for Satan himself.........his name is Dick right?

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by fishmaster

So my point is Bush didn't stand by something he says he is a firm believer in, which then makes me think he is for sure working for Satan himself.........his name is Dick right?

Who? Richard Satan? I think you might be confused.

Thanks for posting this sentiment. It's a perfect illustration of why he (or anyone else, for that matter) can't catch a break in the all-powerful Court of Public Opinion. If he'd say "Merry Christmas", he's forcing his beliefs on others. If he says, "Happy Holidays", he's a hypocrite who's not loyal to his stated beliefs.

You want a conspiracy? Let's go after the greeting card companies.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
ha ha ha. we should look into hallmark, and no not richard satan maybe dick chaney, if i spelt that right.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Looks like you're right:

WASHINGTON -- What's missing from the White House Christmas card? Christmas.

This month, as in every December since he took office, President Bush sent out cards with a generic end-of-the-year message, wishing 1.4 million of his close friends and supporters a happy "holiday season."

Many people are thrilled to get a White House Christmas card, no matter what the greeting. But some conservative Christians are reacting as if Bush stuck coal in their stockings.

"This clearly demonstrates that the Bush administration has suffered a loss of will and that they have capitulated to the worst elements in our culture," said William Donohue, president of the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights.

Bush "claims to be a born-again, evangelical Christian. But he sure doesn't act like one," said Joseph Farah, editor of the conservative Web site WorldNetDaily.com. "I threw out my White House card as soon as I got it."

Chicago Tribune

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Here is a picture of the money he used to pay the card with. He has endless supply of it;

'Nada Pesos', soon to be replaced by 'Nada dollar'....

[edit on 7-12-2005 by Ghaele]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Thanks for posting this sentiment. It's a perfect illustration of why he (or anyone else, for that matter) can't catch a break in the all-powerful Court of Public Opinion. If he'd say "Merry Christmas", he's forcing his beliefs on others. If he says, "Happy Holidays", he's a hypocrite who's not loyal to his stated beliefs.

You hit the nail on the head with that one. Just because someone says happy holidays doesnt mean they work for satan....
I myself ama christian, i find myself saying happy holidays and merry christmas. It's quite simple, happy holidays inlcudes all the holidays around this time of year. Thanksgiving,Christmas,New Years, and if you celebrate Chanukah, or Quanza(sp?) those also....it isnt necessarily meant for other holidays beside christmas such as chanakah. It is simply a way to wish someone a good time for the holidays insetad of saying...happy thanksgiving,happy new years,happy christmas...merry, one after another haha. That would be an interesting conversation.

top topics

join