It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is music good for you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Just answer the question, I just don't know why most days I don't mind listening to BSB, and others Nelly, Eminem, Alantis Morrisette, or Rage Against the Machine, make me feel Better than listening to them?

Say whatever.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I play in a Blues band, in local beer joints and they pay us quite well. That is the main reason why music is good for me; however the creative aspect, the comaraderie with my band mates, and the mild admiration of "fans" surely enters into the equasion.

BSB isn't my cup of tea, but arrogance in others musical tastes makes about as much sense as spiritual arrogance imo.

Peace and ROCK ON

[edit on 7-12-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Arrogence in musical taste, no. I just love their music for some unknown reason. But blues or whatever is cool by me. I just guess it could be stress, my emotions, whatever it is I'm thinking.

Sorry, if I upset people on here.

But why does it relax people or help them feel better? I usually listen to BSB, because I usually have no one even near my age to hang out with(or who can) outside my minimum wage job. I really have been wanting to write,dance, or act for a living or maybe comedy someday.

[edit on 12/7/05 by bsbfan1]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Whoa, bsbfan, I didn't mean to imply you are/were arrogant.

And if you want to write, dance, act, standup comedy or create anything; remember, someday is NOW.

Peace and ROCK ON!

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I play in a Blues band, in local beer joints and they pay us quite well. That is the main reason why music is good for me; however the creative aspect, the comaraderie with my band mates, and the mild admiration of "fans" surely enters into the equasion.

This thread is going straight to BTS.. i dont think music (organised sounds) is only about money and fans.. If we respect this science & technology section , we'd hopefully give an other orientation to this thread. The sound spectrum (some waves we can hear and some we can't), is various frequencies, or vibrations per second (Hertz) at different power (Db) etc.. Metaphisycally speaking, the effects of those different vibrations used in music on the subtle balance of human's different bodies or other living beings, i guess, decide if the music is good or not for us. Its very large here .. but having studied the subject for a while, i could come with lots of interesting documents. Sound can heal or kill. Everybody heard about sounds used in secret mind control techniques, sound weapons , EMF manipulations and stuff, but in the context, i'd say that many of your favourite commercial ''music'' full of those holy wood ish ''magical emotions'' out there is used right now for the population control.

*Trig Disney's Tinker Bell’s magic wand's sound sample*

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I agree completely Kalki

I have personally seen the most shy, stoggy, uptight person respond to a heavy, repeated E minor riff and get up and dance, strip off their clothes and completely lose themselves in the music.

I am cognizant of the mind control aspect of sound, however I feel it is my job to bring joy and light with what little God given talent I have.

Actually thinking of useing music for anything other than entertainment really disturbs me. For evil people to pervert beauty for selfserving reasons is truely evil.

[edit on 7-12-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Well, it helps people, it controls people, but how and why do these waves do that to people's brains? And I'll try to take your advice whaaa, I'm just waiting to move out of my mom's house. I'm probably only gonna wait only another year or more, and I dance all the time, so I don't get injured at work and for fun as well. I love a crowd, heck I'm happy to do peek-a-boo for toddlers. LOL

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Music,
what can we say that hasn't been said already.Music makes me feel good so thats why I play it,compose it write it and so on etc,etc.Sure,sometimes I feel like I get goose bumps by certain types of songs(It is vibrations,isn't it?)like Rock,Blues and Jazz overall I think Music is cool with me.
Thanks,
Gavin6

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Music is my life. I love it and I always will. Being able to write my own music, record it etc. is the best part for me. I know what I want music to sound like, so I make my own.

Personally, if I'm in a bad mood, there's nothing better than a damn good riff being played at 200bmp (:lol
, accompanied by a damn good drum beat.

The softer rock is also a winner. Metallica's cover of "Turn the Page" is amazing.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Usually BSB(after 8 years of being a fan, don't know what in the universe I see them) cheers me up. I still listen to rap, a little country, and duh! The Spice Girls, but when I feel really bad, I will listen to all of them back to back to back to back. I even thinks it's annoying, but it cheers me up.

I wish the economy would pick up already, so I could get a life already. It's a long story.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I really have been wanting to write,dance, or act for a living or maybe comedy someday.

The best time to start is NOW. You wont get anywhere in life if you "just wait a few a more days". Trust me on that. Believe in yourself and the possibilities are endless.

I wish you all the best.

[edit on 9-12-2005 by xeroxed88]

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by xeroxed88

I really have been wanting to write,dance, or act for a living or maybe comedy someday.

The best time to start is NOW. You wont get anywhere in life if you "just wait a few a more days". Trust me on that. Believe in yourself and the possibilities are endless.

I wish you all the best.

[edit on 9-12-2005 by xeroxed88]

That's actually the nicest thing I've read all day, and now I'm going to bed.

Love, Peace, and Backstreet.

LPNTnBS!
xeroxed88--I voted you "Way Above", man!
-NOW PARTY!-

[edit on 12/11/05 by bsbfan1]

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbfan1

Love, Peace, and Backstreet.

LPNTnBS!
xeroxed88--I voted you "Way Above", man!
-NOW PARTY!-

[edit on 12/11/05 by bsbfan1]

Woah! Thank you VERY much
*PARTIES*

But, like I said. The best time is now. Go find a course that specifies in what you're looking for and go and do it!

Good luck, bsbfan1.

P.S
Thank you again for the WATS vote.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I listen to music to open my mind wider. I mean wider creatively, it helps me create art and write. I normally listen to The Residents, Aphex Twin, and Philip Glass for this musical inspiration. If i dont listen to music most of the time i don't get in the mood to make art or write.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Why is music good for me?

A lot of reasons, but mostly it takes your mind off of the ban things in life, or at least shows you them from someone else's perspective. It's a great thing, it can take you when you feel bad and make you feel good, and the absolute opposite.

But for me personally, I just find it great to relate to a song and just drift away into it. Music's my own little world.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I don't know about you guys, but music actually helps some people put their mind into somethings. I, for example, when I decide to paint something on here I got my media player on. But, I only listen to certain types of music when I do. This includes Bluegrass, Country Western, and Rock and Roll.

My art gallery is located on the web at......

photobucket.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
music actually helps some people put their mind into somethings

That's a good point. A lot of the time at school I find working easier if I can get on with my headphones, and 9/10 times I do almost double the work I would without. Without it I find my mind drifting all around the room and spend more time pondering the meaning of life than I do working out what percentage of football fans brought carling rather than coca-cola.

Same goes when I'm reading. I don't have problems concentrating, but households can be hectic and things become a lot easier when I don't have coronation street blaring at me on the T.V. and the dog trying to get me to throw it's wet, muddy ball.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by shorty

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
music actually helps some people put their mind into somethings

That's a good point. A lot of the time at school I find working easier if I can get on with my headphones, and 9/10 times I do almost double the work I would without. Without it I find my mind drifting all around the room and spend more time pondering the meaning of life than I do working out what percentage of football fans brought carling rather than coca-cola.

Same goes when I'm reading. I don't have problems concentrating, but households can be hectic and things become a lot easier when I don't have coronation street blaring at me on the T.V. and the dog trying to get me to throw it's wet, muddy ball.

LOL, I used to do that too, so that's one reason I started to listen to BSB and NSYNC in High/Middle School.

In case ya'll are wondering, I want to be an "umber-author"- an author in most or all genres of writing, and maybe move more into acting, and art(drawing) again. I don't draw all too well, but I did go to art school when I was young.

new topics

top topics

join