It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone here have OCD?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Just wondering, because i have been diagnosed as having it.

I wondered why i got up made the beds, cleaned the house so that it is in perfect order, then went to my sons, cleaned, cooked, made their house perfect, and still had enough time to take my brakes both here and at my home at ATS!

Before i go ahead and do the laundry
i wanted to post this and see if there are other people like me out there.
:bnghd:

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Not officially diagnosed...

But there's MAJOR symptoms pointing straight at it.

I have serious organization issues-- My best friend refuses to let me sing in her other band because I "would color-code the songs." ((We play together in another band- So no major deal haha)). My binders are ridiculous; teachers make fun of me and my organization constantly.

How sad is this?: My Christmas list includes a file box

But my room is always in perfect order- I have friends who like to come and move random things to see how I'll react. Like turning a picture frame's angle just slightly, just to see if I'll go fix it, which I will.

People have suggested me checking into it, but I figure if that's the only disease I have, it could be much worse. At least I'm cleaning things and organizing stuff instead of destroying things or crying all the time. I think it's actually not too bad of a problem. So what if my pens are all perfectly lined up in color order? So what if my mother doesn't get to tell me to go clean my room before I can go out???... Is it really a big problem???

Or am I still in denial???

But no worries-- You're definitely not alone...

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Alcor, I've got that file!!!

I think it can have its advantages, being so clean and all, but it can progress into rituals. One advantage is when i go out and get a "real" job, i am very liked because i finish everything, make coffee for the staff, run errands, and always show up exactly 1/2 hour before i am due for work.

Anyway, thanks for your reply.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Well I was diagnosed with OCD.....as a kid I was a hand-washer. I was meticulous and overly concerned with detail. Fortunately, I was able to overcome some of these compulsions to the point that I am now a slob. Of course, I'm still rather meticulous.

Seriously, I am very meticulous and I am overly concerned with detail. Though I am not tidy, I do go on organizational binges. All of my magazines HAVE to be in matching magazine cases, my CDs, DVDs and program Discs are all color coded in matching jewel cases. My library is arranged according to subject matter, author and I even keep records on an Excel File.

With the threat of a bad flu season, I always care Purel hand disinfectant and I use it often. And, though not a hypochondriac, I am acutely aware of any possible symptom ; i.e., sneeze, cough, wheeze, that might arise. I take vitamins, minerals, and quite a few herbal remedies "just in case".

My idiosyncrasies don't interfere with my day to day abilities to perform my responsibilities and I seldomly have colds, flu or any illness whatsoever. Is this a problem?

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
BT, sounds like you are pretty much under control.

Good for you. I hope to be ok too.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I hope everything works out for you dgtempe.

I know Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder is something that is often laughed about but it can get pretty serous.

Take care of your self.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Thank you, Umbrax, thats very sweet.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
As a kid...mildly, but I "grew out of it". I work with a guy that has it and man, I am really glad that the case I had never became anything more than a few quirks.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I was diagnosed, when I was a bit younger, but it's not so bad anymore. All I really remember is stopping my friends card games to straighten the piles

Little things still bother me, though it really isn't a problem anymore.

Obsessive cleaning or straightening things up is nothing to worry about

Take care.

--Kit.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Holy crap I do that all the time--- People get aggravated when we're playing "Speed" and I stop them...

I'm lucky mine problems are mostly "quirks" and I don't have to worry about getting it diagnosed, etc.

But I may still be in denial...

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I don't have OCD, but I definatly have some symptoms...

Picture frames must be level, the microwave door MUST be closed, and god forbid if you mix my different micro-brews together so they are not in their own grouping

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
yup, always in Speed, I'd be watching some friends play and be like
"hold up guys."
*simultaneous groans*
*I straighten piles*
"Continue."

that's all that comes to mind though. I do tend to notice little things when they are off and it sort of nags at me.
that's about it though.

top topics

join