It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patriot Act due to sunset--let Congress know, get rid of it!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Go to Downsize DC.

It enables you to write a letter to your Senator and Representatives, telling them to vote NO for renewing and expanding the Patriot Act, which is due to sunset December 31.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Read the PA.. There is no such thing as a Sunset clause in there..

So this is complete bs.. Altho alot of places are banning the PA for it is unconstitutional.

[edit on 12/7/2005 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Sorry, I'd be putting My neck on the chopping block, they'd know I was someone to come get in the first wave of people who will disapear when the CIA takes "terrorists" off on airplane thru Canada.

If you have no clue what I'm talking about, there's other threads on here that are talking about how the CIA is doing this, taking "terrorist suspects" across our US borders into foreign lands to torture them to get "information".

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
this is the most heinous act known to americans!! this should NEVER have been let in. now we have the government spying and creating data on all people. now look at who condemn the war and protest!! this country is coming to a head!! very soon! be ready

I was born here and lived truely peacefully, now I have awakened to a new dawn of control and brainwashing. we will not stand for it!

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Renewed by congress today (by two votes of what was required) now the president just needs to approve it:

www.cnn.com...

oh well.

B. Sage

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Oh damn, I was going to tell me representatives to vote for it. But this should cheer you guys up

From above link.

Three provisions of the renewed act would be reviewed in four years; the other provisions are permanent.

"Law enforcement officials and the intelligence community will not have to guess what the law will be. They will have the tools to fight terrorism," Kyl said.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I think this is where I say: "I told you so", they dont give a DARN what you think. If you ever wondered if we are in a police state..... well thats just darn... shoot there is no word for it. We need a new vocabulary to fit these changes anymore because no words we have can describe them. None the less petitions and "lobbying" or "voting" have proven useless and this should drive the point home.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by B Sage
Renewed by congress today (by two votes of what was required) now the president just needs to approve it:

Gee, do you think he will approve it?

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Too late. I think it a cert that Bush will sign this. A very sad for all of you in the US.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I never thought a man could be in love with a such a destructive thing, jsobecky, but I was wrong. The Partiot Act is a weapon of mass oppression. "Help! Help! I'm being repressed!" comes to mind. By 2 votes in the house!!!! I'm actually suprised it was that close. I thought it would have been more sweeping, like in the senate.

B. Sage

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I would like to thank all the little people that made this possible.

Thanks to my elected officials for pressing this issue.

Thanks to my President for signing this bill. ( when he does )

Thank god for giving vision to those select few that can actually see what needs to be done to protect the ignorant masses that scream "ehhhh don't take away the rights of terrorists" until a terrorist takes away someone they love and those ignorant masses will be the same ones screaming..."ehhhh why didn't my government protect me?"

That is exactly what the Patriot Act is doing, protecting everyones whining liberal backside BEFORE it is too late.

Thank you...thank you very much!

- One Man Short

[edit on 8-3-2006 by One Man Short of Manhood]

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Yeah, Tom DeLay just got re-elected in my district. I'll run right out and tell him to get rid of it. Thanks for the reminder.

Peace

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by One Man Short of Manhood
I would like to thank all the little people that made this possible.

Perhaps a look back in history would be wise. I pray that you are right and that your elected officials (and individuals) always do the 'right thing' by the people of America, Thousands of people have died in achieving our rights and with the sweep of pen many of those have been taken away.

I for one do not swallow the propaganda that is touted about the threat of terrorism and certainly not to the point of removing freedoms.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady of the Lake
I for one do not swallow the propaganda that is touted about the threat of terrorism and certainly not to the point of removing freedoms.

And you for one would whine the loudest if a terrorist came to your city and blew half of it sky high, when a simple phone tap may have given a heads up to officials.

Or maybe you and the rest of this boad would serve him tea and crumpets and ask if there would be anything you could do.

Please don't be so blind my fellow ATS'ers.

They are out there, do you know what they look like?

Lets let the people that do this for a living, do this for a living.

- One man Short

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by One Man Short of Manhood
And you for one would whine the loudest if a terrorist came to your city and blew half of it sky high, when a simple phone tap may have given a heads up to officials.

Please don't be so blind my fellow ATS'ers.

That is a really dumb and offensive reply and adds nothing to a sensible debate. Please do not not assume to know how I would respond.

I also have a brain and I am capable of reaching my own decisions (thank you) and I am certainly not blinded as you put it by our ATS’ers.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Whoa guys, watch it...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

To balence what may be seen of my own perspective. I (of course) should have included: "(potential) weapon of mass oppression -- that is, if the patriot act is abused," and I was trying to be funny with the monty python ref. Obviously there are a lot of things that happen behind the scenes without the Patriot Act being in the public eye that we should be more concerned about when it comes to the "war on terrorism."

One Man Short, you shouldn't make quips on liberals. If you want to take something out on me I'm an Independent FYI so aim at me like one. Don't be mean to the Lady of the Lake, afterall her distribution of swords was once the basis for government.

B. Sage

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
ok.... talk about someone who doesnt get it... oh well there is always one out there like him who tries to be a "friend to everyone" except those who dont grovel at his masters face. Kinda like Golem: My precciouuseee my precccioouuusseee.
Like I said this is not amazing to me AT ALL, besides they HAD to make it look close so when they go up for election they get to say: WE ALMOST GOT IT! MAYBE NEXT TIME! SO VOTE ME IN!!!!
Its just a puppet show.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I guess it would have been more convincing for everyone had it been sweeping in both the House and Senate instead of so close in the House. I don't believe America is being represented correctly in the Senate, reps in the House are usually much more connected to the people.

Besides I really don't see how an extension of the patriot act is needed now that the terrorist states are out of the picture. Small time understandable, but really, any more "terrorist" actions from other countries on the US have their consequences. I don't think that another country would be dumb enough to try to pull something off... that is of course if this whole terrorist thing isn't just some front for a grab on american's civil rights and oil from middle eastern countries.

B. Sage

top topics

join