It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad Surrounded By Divine Light AT UN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I don't know if this has already been posted, but here goes...

Mahmud Ahmadinejad has recently claimed that he was surrounded by a divine light while giving a speech at the UN -

Ahmadinejad said that someone present at the UN told him that a light surrounded him while he was delivering his speech to the General Assembly. The Iranian president added that he also sensed it.

"He said when you began with the words 'in the name of God,' I saw that you became surrounded by a light until the end [of the speech]," Ahmadinejad appears to say in the video. "I felt it myself, too. I felt that all of a sudden the atmosphere changed there, and for 27-28 minutes all the leaders did not blink."

Ahmadinejad adds that he is not exaggerating.

"I am not exaggerating when I say they did not blink; it's not an exaggeration, because I was looking," he says. "They were astonished as if a hand held them there and made them sit. It had opened their eyes and ears for the message of the Islamic Republic."

A report presented during Channel 4 News (UK) recently said that Ahmadinejad seemed to be allowing religious dogma to further dictate policy making within Iran. It is said that the Iranian President is a follower of the 12th Imam, Imam Mahdi, who, according to Islamic teaching, will reappear on Earth prior to the end of time -

Since the presidential elections in Iran, many bizarre stories and rumors have circulated about Ahmadinejad. Many of them are related to his devotion to the 12th Imam, also known as Imam Mahdi, who according to Muslims has disappeared and will return at the end of time to lead an era of Islamic justice.

During his September speech at the UN, Ahmadinejad called for the reappearance of the 12th Imam.

In mid-November, during a speech to Friday prayers leaders from across Iran, Ahmadinejad said that the main mission of the revolution is to pave the way for the reappearance of the 12th Imam.

In recent weeks, the president's aides have denied a rumor that he ordered his cabinet to write a pact of loyalty with the 12th Imam and throw it down a well near the holy city of Qom, where some believe the Imam is hiding.

Ahmadinejad's supporters said such rumors are being circulated about the president by opponents in efforts to defame him.

If such reports are true then they are indeed worrying. Spectators are begin to wonder whether or not Ahmadinejad's belief could be tied in with possible nuclear ambitions. Given that many fundamentalists, both Christian and Islamic, believe some sort of apocalyptic event will precede the re-emergence of a saviour figure, could Ahmadinejad, if he does indeed hold such beliefs, be preparing for such an event. A more radical, and far more frightening scenario puts Ahmedinejad in a position whereby he actually precipitates an apocalyptic event.

With, it would seem, two fundamentalist leaders facing off, the future stability of the planet does indeed look less secure as time goes on.

Article

Channel 4 Report

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
that is crazy and it only goes to further serve the religios holywar we are about to see.........it is weird how the hebrews, muslims,and christians all have a messiah/savior coming forth during a period of impending doom....its also weird that god promised noah he would never destroy the earth by flood again, but he never mentioned not destroying the people by mans own hand .....so now we have to ask ourselves ......was religion created to help us reach god or was it created to serve as the catalyst for yet another earthly cleansing.......

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan
I don't know if this has already been posted, ...

Yes it was.
(BTW - I agree with your comments.)
Perhaps the mods can attach this thread
to the other one previously started?

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
You're so right. I'm sick of these religious whackjobs and their self-fullfilling phophesizing! Every one of them sees themselves as percecuted and hunted, and then openly admit THAT'S the way they want to go! Then to top it all off, they toss themselves into the line of fire (which they bring upon themselves) and say, "see, I told ya so!"

Is there even one amongst them willing to go forth...and sin no more??

[edit on 7-12-2005 by Toelint]

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Mahmud Ahmadinejad has recently claimed that he was surrounded by a divine light while giving a speech at the UN -

He only thinks it was a divine light. It was actually the glow of all those laser sights drawing a bead on his head.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Eschatology and politics... I can't think of a more dangerous combination.

Has our world really gotten so bad that all we can do is hope for a swift end to everything?

top topics

join