It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Late night outages?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Just want to see if anyone else is having late night ATS outages. All other websites work during these outages, so I know it's not my connection.

If you guys are doing updates or whatever then no biggy, but if you're not, you may want to ask your provider 'wtf' is up.. cause some of the outages have lasted a long time.. so long as to I decide to go to bed instead of waiting and participating more.

But if you making the site better by updating, then I can live with them ;p

Just a heads up

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul

Just want to see if anyone else is having late night ATS outages.

Late night?

Boker tov - Sabaah al-khayr - good morning - Bonjour - Guten Morgen - God formiddag - Bon dia - Dobroye utro (lol, right now, the sun is shining)

When and which timezone do you mean here?

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Ok, late night as in 3am Eastern Time Zone

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Personally I think it is the government temporarily postponing the site to check things out. I have seen this happend twice. Both times around 1 Am pacfific time. Like exactly after 12:59 it crashed for about 15 mins. Other sites worked.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist06
Personally I think it is the government temporarily postponing the site to check things out. I have seen this happend twice. Both times around 1 Am pacfific time. Like exactly after 12:59 it crashed for about 15 mins. Other sites worked.

That's exactly what I noticed too. It was always right on the hour. That's what made me think it was a scheduled update perhaps. But the hour is always different. Sometimes 1am, sometimes 3am, 2am, 4am.. but always right on the hour.

These times have been studied, and the results are that internet traffic seems to dramatically slow down for a few minutes on the hour. People notice the time, and get up to do something quickly. (Think on- the- hour Television viewing.. always a big commerical break; time to use the bathroom)

Shrug, could be a bunch of things.. including scheduled ATS updates ;p

Just sparking conversation here ;p

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   
These time frames correspond with our regularly scheduled database backups. Depending on site traffic at the time, things may slow down to the point where it appears as though the site is performing slow, or not at all.

Backing up a 4 gigabyte databse takes some time and processor resources you know.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Okay, I've never heard of that before that's cool.

new topics

top topics

join