It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Better or Worse?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
This morning I was watching something about the Auswich (sp?) concentration camp from WWII, and was wondering what everyone's opinion if the Nazi's didn't kill thousands upon thousands of jews and others in concentration camps, how would the world be different? Would it be better, or worse?

I'm not exactly sure what to think on this, but I do think we might've been better off.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Do you honestly mean we would've been better if the Jews had been slaughtered, & would've been worse off if they hadn't???

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by hatchedcross
This morning I was watching something about the Auswich (sp?) concentration camp from WWII, and was wondering what everyone's opinion if the Nazi's didn't kill thousands upon thousands of jews and others in concentration camps, how would the world be different? Would it be better, or worse?

I'm not exactly sure what to think on this, but I do think we might've been better off.

For a start we'd probably all be speaking German or Japanese. ???

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
You misunderstood me, I meant we would be better off if they hadn't been killed. But the reason I asked, what about over population problems? I'm not exactly sure about the population density in Europe.

I'm also not sure if the Nazis discovered anything useful from their "medical experiments" that came from the concentration camps.

[edit on 12/7/2005 by hatchedcross]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I dont know if we would have been better off per say. Things may have turned out slightly different, but i dont believe any drastic change would have occured if they had not been slaughtered.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The Jews themselves, religious ones, anyway, view whatever happens as being God's will. The holocaust certainly gave Zionism a shot in the arm. In my view, something good comes from virtually anything that happens, but that doesn't mean that we should herald the the holocaust as a necessary condition for progress. Certainly, those who lived through the holocaust and their close relatives would be hard pressed to find the good in such an atrocity.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
something good comes from virtually anything that happens,

I agree, that is why I was asking.

but that doesn't mean that we should herald the the holocaust as a necessary condition for progress. Certainly, those who lived through the holocaust and their close relatives would be hard pressed to find the good in such an atrocity.

Again I agree. It was a terrible thing for people to have to go through.

new topics

top topics

join