It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawsuit Targets XBOX 360 Console.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Microsoft is being sued over its new Xbox 360 by a Chicago man who alleges the next generation console has a design flaw.

Source
Microsoft is being sued over its new Xbox 360 by a Chicago man who alleges the next generation console has a design flaw.
The man behind the class action suit, Robert Byers, argues the power supply and processors in the Xbox 360 overheat, causing it to freeze.

Microsoft has said it will not comment on the pending litigation.

But in November it acknowledged there were problems in an "isolated" number of Xbox 360s.

Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Never buy a console that's just come out until all bugs/design flaws are fixed!

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The sad thing is that some people have to buy the first one becuase if nobody did it would straight up be abandoned before seeing revisions to firmward and hardware. Unfortunately some people (myself included) simply cannot put themselves through the torture of watching everyone else have kickarse fun with new systems while sitting around sayin they cant buy one yet, its not old enough. Too bad the companies couldnt just get it right the first time.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Do you think if I bought one now. Not exactly now but around christmas, they would have fixed the glitch? and if not, could I take it back? I mean If I get one, I am getting a warantee and they better guarantee my system for 60 or 90 days at LEAST for free! I swear if they don't I am going to go right back to best buy with my receipt and demand a new one. I don't give a (insert swear word here) if they can't take returns or whatever.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Anybody who buys a Microsoft product when it first comes out is asking for trouble. This has been true since the very beginning. They rush all of their products to market, then the first generation of buyers act essentially as unpaid beta testers for them.

Why should the newest X-Box be any different from the newest Windows or the newest DirectX or the newest Media Player?

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This is exactly the reason why I decided not to purchase the XBOX360 when it first came out. Im going to wait a couple months for them to get their act together, and maybe I'll buy one.......and that's a big maybe.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Hear! Hear!

Im with u on that one.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Shouldn't the fact that Microsoft is currently replacing all defective systems for free, with postage already paid and Fed-Ex paid on their side?

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Hopefully the Playstation 3 will provide the salvation we desire

(does the PS fanboi dance)

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Hopefully the Playstation 3 will provide the salvation we desire

(does the PS fanboi dance)

Dont count on it... Sony is on alot of people's crap list this year for it's shenanigans. Don't be surprised if the PS3 launch problems dwarf XBox 360. I remember all to well the fiasco the PS2 launch turn out to be and my wallet is lighter for it too. Once Burned Unluck, Twice Burned ..... never will happen again and I tell you if these companies do not get their act together right from the start then customers will just go to the time and tested method of getting a computer. I kind of hope all three consoles fail and crash and burn mwahahaha!

[edit on 18-12-2005 by sardion2000]

new topics

top topics

join