It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where would the world be without the US?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
no the nazis did not fake the elections. They won legitly by the the majority of the German's vote. Don't even argue with me on this one, i studied Nazis's Rise to Power for a term.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthUnificationFrontier
Cuba is a beautiful and happy communist country where the people has excellent health care, the gov provides them with homes to live in, food to eat etc

hahahahaha... Thanks for the morning laugh.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I was not even talking about the german elections, i was talking about the us elections.
And other dictators were elected as well by people but later not suported by people.
Let's have a pool here to see how many of the us citisens suport george bush, you will find your self out of arguments if a pool takes place,
and it would be a thing to see how rong you are.
If any one wants to start one it would be a good idea.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Comparing to the homeless americans, the Cubans at least have homes to live in, proper food to be fed. They are not ignored by the society and the government and leave there on the streets and ghetto to starve, to get wasted or to die.

It's also a fact Cuba has one of the best health care system provide to the people, and its poverty rate one of the lowest.

[edit on 14-12-2005 by EarthUnificationFrontier]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Kim Sung wasn't elected by Korean People, im certain Stalin wasn't as well, he was simply passed on the legacy by Lenin. A inner party election might have taken place, but the ordinary Russian people were in no way involved.

The fact that 60% of the Americans now regret elected Bush is already too late, the blame is struck on you when you made the mistake of electing Bush not once, but twice.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
EarthUnificationFrontier it's like blameing the italians for rome
the germans for hittler france for napoleon and the rest the world
for the history.
In your concept humanity it's self is a big criminal, blameing people
for the passed actions, but of course u'r mister perfect why dont you itroduce u'r self to us so we know who are we talking to, i like to know who i'm talking with.

[edit on 14-12-2005 by pepsi78]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
you are just misdirecting the debate more and more off topic.

Napoleon was a king and emporer, and i never heard of people electing a king or such things.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
There's a quote briefly about: Democracy can never work becaue the people are stupid. Forgot who is it by or where is it from.

It sounds idiotic but if you think about it it makes sense.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
EarthUnificationFrontier if you do something with out knowing what you are doing or you are doing it with out knowing the out come than you are inocent.
Just like a crime if you did it with out intention you can be understood
if you do it with the intention knowing the out come than you are truly guilty.

Something evil is something ploted to make united states evil you would
have to have the people doing things with intention knowing the outcome
witch is imposible.

Most people vote for better helth care sistem and a improvement to inflation and other things and are draged and missled and tricked.

Being tricked does not make you guilty.
If we where to do that we would have a hole world acused of criminal activity.

And no i dont agree with you democracy can work and what you fail to understand is that democracy and capitalism are 2 difrent things.
Democracy does not have to do with economic structures.
It has to do with free will and elections and human rights .

Being democratic is creating options you can chose something and than go back and change it again by vote and it does not involve corporations and monopol, it involves free will and alot of options.
Where you dont have democracy you have a single figure desideing for the rest of the people, democracy is defined it's self by vote every thing
is voted and it stands for a period of time until voted if votes are significant it will change again to another form, no one has ultimate power unlike comunism and other forms where some one decides for all, that is democracy.

Capitalism is a economic structure and is apart from democracy.

So you can have difrent ways of democracy and democracy can exist with out capitalism.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Comparing to the homeless americans, the Cubans at least have homes to live in, proper food to be fed. They are not ignored by the society and the government and leave there on the streets and ghetto to starve, to get wasted or to die.

It's also a fact Cuba has one of the best health care system provide to the people, and its poverty rate one of the lowest.

No one is ignored in the US... Fact is most of the homeless in this country "choose" to live that way. They make as much money as they "want" begging on the streets. They have that choice. If they want a job there are plenty here. Unlike in Cuba where it is... "you do this job" or you are labeled a dissident. We all know what happens to a dissident in communist Cuba right?

As for the "happy communist" country statement I quoted from you above. Yeah... you are right... They are happy. They are required to be.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by zoso28
With all the US bashing that has gone down here lately i post this question. Where would we all be without the US. The US is responsible for keeping the free world free. The US is nearly the sole protectors of freedom and democracy as we know it today. The US is the most charitable nation the world has ever known. All the free democratic nations that exist today do so because of the blanket of security the US provides. As far as i am concerned, the only country who has tried to honor this is the United Kingdom. They have supported the US against much critisism. The US is a society and people based upon liberty, freedom, and justice. The US is bigger than democrats or republicans. So I say your welcome to Canada, Germany, France, etc.(insert the rest of the free nations here). who like to second guess and pretend they are against US policies. We will continue to provide you security while you bash the US, so enjoy your freedom. There is an endless supply of young men and women in the US who will continue to volunteer to defend freedom. Sleep well knowing you are protected. For all those of you who respond to this, please state your affiliation. Thank you and God bless

You are correct sir!

You have pissed off half of the people on this site because they know you are correct 100% and can not stand it.

Their hate for our great country has blinded them from the truth even though they are wrong.

There are people on ATS who hate the statement you made and will do everything in their power to discredit you. get ready for a bashing, but we know in our hearts your statement is a good one and valid so don't take the comments to hard.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !

I am proud to call you a fellow American !

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
SIRR1 unlike others there are here reasonable people that will be inpartial
and not take sides.
Yes usa is a greate nation but when it comes to facts you have the responability of dealing with them.
In a truly democratic sistem there has to be opinions .
Are you telling me usa is perfect?
Are you telling me this administration is takeing all the good decisions?
Are you teling me that all rights are being respected there?

There are many felows of your nationality that dont agree with you and alot of them not just a few.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
sorry but i cannot bother to debate such a volatile issue, instead I will provide some quotes to lighten up the post from the late and great Bill Hicks

I'm so sick of arming the world and then sending troops over to destroy the #ing arms, you know what I mean? We keep arming these little countries, then we go and blow the # out of 'em. We're like the bullies of the world, you know. We're like Jack Palance in the movie Shane ... throwing the pistol at the sheep herder's feet: "Pick it up." "I don't wanna pick it up mister, you'll shoot me." "Pick up the gun." "Mister, I don't want no trouble, huh. I just came down town here to get some hard rock candy for my kids, some gingham for my wife. I don't even know what gingham is, but she goes through about 10 rolls a week of that stuff. I ain't looking for no trouble, mister." "Pick up the gun." Boom, boom. "You all saw him. He had a gun."

Go back to bed, America, your government has figured out how it all transpired, go back to bed America, your government is in control again. Here, here's American Gladiators. Watch this, shut up, go back to bed America, here is American Gladiators, here is 56 channels of it! Watch these pituitary retards bang their #ing skulls together and congratulate you on living in the land of freedom. Here you go America - you are free to do what we tell you! You are free to do what we tell you!

I'll show you politics in America. Here it is, right here. 'I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs.' 'I think the puppet on the left is more to my liking.' 'Hey, wait a minute, there's one guy holding out both puppets!' 'Shut up! Go back to bed, America. Your government is in control. Here's Love Connection. Watch this and get fat and stupid. By the way, keep drinking beer, you #ing morons.'

"Actually, I'm against drugs being legalised, and this is why. Last weekend, my friend and I went into a farm, took some mushrooms, and we sat on a field, I looked up into the sky, and saw God, he told me that there is nothing to fear, that he loves every single creature on this planet, and he showered gifts of forgiveness and love onto the earth, and I realised that there was nothing to fear, and I loved everything...Now, if that isn't a bad thing for this country, I don't know what is. How can we continue to make weapons if we love everything?"

I only have one point to add to your discussion, the amount of money 'donated' through aid is grossly disproportionate as a percentage of the americas GDP compared with other countries

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1

Originally posted by zoso28
With all the US bashing that has gone down here lately i post this question. Where would we all be without the US. The US is responsible for keeping the free world free. The US is nearly the sole protectors of freedom and democracy as we know it today. The US is the most charitable nation the world has ever known. All the free democratic nations that exist today do so because of the blanket of security the US provides. As far as i am concerned, the only country who has tried to honor this is the United Kingdom. They have supported the US against much critisism. The US is a society and people based upon liberty, freedom, and justice. The US is bigger than democrats or republicans. So I say your welcome to Canada, Germany, France, etc.(insert the rest of the free nations here). who like to second guess and pretend they are against US policies. We will continue to provide you security while you bash the US, so enjoy your freedom. There is an endless supply of young men and women in the US who will continue to volunteer to defend freedom. Sleep well knowing you are protected. For all those of you who respond to this, please state your affiliation. Thank you and God bless

You are correct sir!

You have pissed off half of the people on this site because they know you are correct 100% and can not stand it.

Their hate for our great country has blinded them from the truth even though they are wrong.

There are people on ATS who hate the statement you made and will do everything in their power to discredit you. get ready for a bashing, but we know in our hearts your statement is a good one and valid so don't take the comments to hard.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !

I am proud to call you a fellow American !

Thank you for your kind words sir. And do not worry, i have gotten what i expected from posting this thread. Its kinda like pouring gasoline on a fire and standing back and watching it rage. Merry CHRISTmas to you and yours sir, its great to be an american!

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   

There's a quote briefly about: Democracy can never work becaue the people are stupid. Forgot who is it by or where is it from.

It sounds idiotic but if you think about it it makes sense.

Well there it is then. I will just be content in my stupidity. I hope that you continue to post in this thread as i and others are really getting a kick out of your wisdom. It must be difficult to be so wise and educated and have to endure all us simpletons. Would love to know where your from though.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
SIRR1 unlike others there are here reasonable people that will be inpartial
and not take sides.
Yes usa is a greate nation but when it comes to facts you have the responability of dealing with them.
In a truly democratic sistem there has to be opinions .
Are you telling me usa is perfect?
Are you telling me this administration is takeing all the good decisions?
Are you teling me that all rights are being respected there?

There are many felows of your nationality that dont agree with you and alot of them not just a few.

As I sit here at work trying to figure out what you just stated ?

You have to understand a few things about the U.S. we live to disagree with each other, we argue over topics and points weather it's politics or war, but in the end we usually come to an agreement that is in the best interests of the country and world.

Americans cans argue at meetings and then sit down at dinner and be civil with each other because as Americans when a decision is made we try to look at the big picture that will affect more than just ourselves.

Opinions and ideas are what makes this country work, sometimes opinions and ideas are bad and just because they were submitted for debate doesnt not make them right, but they are debated openly, all you have to do is watch C-span.

And just about each state in the country has a local cable channel dedicated to each states legislature which has open floor debates and each city, county and town has a council meeting which openly goes through the months agenda covering just about all topics related to the business at hand, and at the end of these meeting there open comment times to where an individual can address concerns at these meetings.

Mr. Pepsi I think you are misinformed

Are we the United States perfect, far from it, but as a United States we can make changes for the good by having open debates and elections and not being controlled by a single person or a group of people who dictate there will apon the people they should be serving not ruling.

Each person in this world should have the right to be free to choose as long as they conform to the laws of the land and not forced to conform to the will of a person, group or religion.

The rights given under the constitution and the bill of rights are followed in the U.S. by law inforcement, courts and law makers, unless you are not a citizen of this country, then your rights fall into the international courts rules of law which in most part are follwed unless you are trying to kill or harm citizens of the Country.

Yes there are millions of citizens of the United States that do not agree with each other, but in gereneral we live our lives as law abiding citizens go to work, church, school, and attend government meetings state our opinions and we are heard by the governing council, and we live free to choose our fate, we are not perfect, but at least we try.

My suggestion to you Mr. Pepsi is to get involved in your local community by attending a city council meeting or the like, unless you live in China or Iran, Syria, No Korea or the like which rules by closed door government and a heavy hand.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Zoso u'r words excuse united states but unfortunetly it does not excuse
the us administration and in no way will lift the blame on them.

If you trully want democracy has i do and has alot of people do than you must scrach deeper and accept the facts.

And one of the facts are that u'r goverment is striping u'r constitution
and your rights.

for SIRR1
Okay i must insist that i will back up my words with some facts

1 Bush is still partener with binladen brother in law
2 The binladen family own a greate procent of the carleal group main defence manufacture of the usa (the weapons industry)
3 bush and cheny is involved in the weapons industry and look at number 2
so war is big busines and it makes good money for them fills their pokets while you brake u'r neck over sea.
4 Here wach this maybe you will learn something
www.prisonplanet.com...
a movie just for you

You are just a procentage of the opinion pool and no i dont live in iran ,china or where you think i live, i live in europe

Yes sadam , osama , and most of the arab liders are tirans but so is bush .
you may add him to the tiranasor list

I think you are just makeing propaganda BS with out any facts your speach is sort of tra la la la la with out any thing to back it up.

Each person in this world should have the right to be free to choose as long as they conform to the laws of the land and not forced to conform to the will of a person, group or religion.

Yes i agree but now you will have to conform to the new laws that
take your freedom away , you cant even defend and envoke the costitution
look it up it's in the patriot act .

The rights given under the constitution and the bill of rights are followed in the U.S. by law inforcement, courts and law makers, unless you are not a citizen of this country, then your rights fall into the international courts rules of law which in most part are follwed unless you are trying to kill or harm citizens of the Country.

Not any more, new laws are above the constitution and in most cases you cant use the 4th amendment.
And new rules are being design to be implemented that will further
have an impact on u'r freedom plus the fbi can storm you house and arest you with out a warant and trial you with out a jury or in some cases you wont even stand trial.

Yes there are millions of citizens of the United States that do not agree with each other, but in gereneral we live our lives as law abiding citizens go to work, church, school, and attend government meetings state our opinions and we are heard by the governing council, and we live free to choose our fate, we are not perfect, but at least we try.

I agree with you there but it would be impresive that you do more
and change the sistem.
You see if united states changes the rest of the world changes so it is our itrest too, this is sort of last stand for freedom if that go's away there it will be easy to eliminate it in places like i live in, places like europe so it is our concern too.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Zoso u'r words excuse united states but unfortunetly it does not excuse
the us administration and in no way will lift the blame on them.

If you trully want democracy has i do and has alot of people do than you must scrach deeper and accept the facts.

And one of the facts are that u'r goverment is striping u'r constitution
and your rights.

for SIRR1
Okay i must insist that i will back up my words with some facts

1 Bush is still partener with binladen brother in law

2 The binladen family own a greate procent of the carleal group main defence manufacture of the usa (the weapons industry)

3 bush and cheny is involved in the weapons industry and look at number 2
so war is big busines and it makes good money for them fills their pokets while you brake u'r neck over sea.

4 Here wach this maybe you will learn something
www.prisonplanet.com...
a movie just for you

You are just a procentage of the opinion pool and no i dont live in iran ,china or where you think i live, i live in europe

Yes sadam , osama , and most of the arab liders are tirans but so is bush .
you may add him to the tiranasor list

I think you are just makeing propaganda BS with out any facts your speach is sort of tra la la la la with out any thing to back it up.

Pepsi, I think you have been watching to much BBC news !

I understand your bitterness to the US, but one thing you need to consider, is that the Democratic system works.

Just look around Western Europe. How many countries are governed by a dictatorship, not many. Look at Japan, South Korea, India, Canada, Mexico just to name a few all run by a Democratic type governing body.

As far as your link to the Prison planet, well that just tells me that you are only following the doom and gloomers point of view and that will only lead to depression and sorrow for yourself.

Maybe once you get a job and move out of your mothers basement your future employer retirement plan will have a multitude of companies in your 401k plan, in this portfolio there will be hundreds of companies and the purchasing of the companies stock will be out of your control, some stocks make money, some don't, some are off shore, some or not.

I am not defending W's stock picks but I am sure he has a group of people who run the buys and selling and just like your future 401k retirement plan you wont know what stocks are in it untill an investigative reporter looks into the plan, which has happened alot since 9/11 and a whole lot of off shore investment has been declined because of terrorist dealings here in the U.S.

As far as OBL's family having stock in US defence companies, hey it's a global market, stocks and bonds are sold on the world market to anyone with the cash, and we all know this family has cash.

Pepsi, if you commit a crime does this make your mother guilty as well. think about.

As far as facts to back up your rants you have stated none, sorry prison planet does not count as a factual site more of a rant site.

Happy Holidays
Peace on Earth
Good will to Men

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Hey Sirr,ever notice how the people who are from the US usually post it for all to see and the people from elsewhere rarely do. Then if you ask them where they are from you get the generic "in europe" or "on earth" answer. Might we have some national pride issues here?

P.S. Love the signature

[edit on 14-12-2005 by zoso28]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The thing is the topic.
And i might say the same where would usa be with out europe.
I would say you see usa would not even exist but i'm not going to do this and am not going to elaborate cause it would be realy stupid of me has this topic is.
Why even start such topic i dont get it, acomplish what?
And here comes this guy unified frontier or what even his name is
and starts some non sence and there you have it a big flame.

Prison planet or no prison planet facts are facts war in iraq no mass destruction weapons, 911 cospiracys, 199i presidential directive, loss of freedom, torture and of course this is fact that prescot bush was a natzi.

The topic should be where is the world going with usa.
And if the people from that country have the power to do something to change things back or are they to confortable takeing a long nap.

Do you still belive in terorists takeing out planes with plastic knifes
well that is just your opinion.

here is the rest of the opinions, here is the poll
www.abovetopsecret.com...

What bothers me is that i have to go live there , my wife is american and my hole family is there so i have no choise do i.

I belive you people are too confortable and that is u'r only mistake has regular citisens other things i can not acuse you of and i dont, but i do have a very big disgust for the curent administration that is runing that country, but what the heck who cares since this thing moves sllow it will probaly afect my kids and not my self.
What do i care has a future us citisen i will just become like you confortable
and acomodate my self in front of the tv sinking in my sleep.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join