It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where would the world be without the US?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthUnificationFrontier
Seriously, go read the rest of the post, 9 of the 10 words have spelling mistakes in "it"(them) and there's "not"(no) capital letters, puncations. All sentences are "run"(runed) on and you don't know where one idea starts and another ends.

Please it's not too much trouble copying your text, pasting it in words and do a spell check. At least then more people can understand it.

The numbers don't mean much. If you look at the the percentage of GNP US contributed into giving of aids, it's the lowest out of the developed world.

Of course "Hitler"(Hittler's) rise to power cannot be blamed on the US directly, but ultimately it contributed "pat"(part) of it subconsiously.
[edit on 16-12-2005 by EarthUnificationFrontier]

I have not even tryed to corect you on the rest of the sentence, i did it only
on the part where you commented on me.
No one is perfect.
But that is just your way of evoiding the questions.
But dont worry i will come with links, pics and movies to show some facts.

[edit on 17-12-2005 by pepsi78]

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   
They came up with Rap Music and Gangsa Rap
That alone should be enough to make them enemies of the world

Sorry but I had to say it. I know my musical choices are much different than everyone else--Who wants to polka?

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparkie the Wondersnail

Sorry but I had to say it. I know my musical choices are much different than everyone else--Who wants to polka?

I'm white but what's rong with rap music?
I lisen to rock but some times i like lisening to some rmb or rap it's cool.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Oh my, my age is showing. Not all rap is bad, just most of it

I do have a problem with the gangsta rap lifestyle that glorifies guns, drugs, and turns all young women into sex objects that belong to men and not themselves, an American Ideal. Meyowww, now that is just plain catty. Anyway my problem so I don't listen to it. But If you want to, that's your choice.
I still like polka music, among other things. But now you know I'm Weird with a capital W.

I also like the sound of bagpipes, go figure.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   
It's alright
but make sure earthunificationfrontier does not protest against it

In his imagination you cant even walk on the street...........

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 05:07 AM
link   
In the least content 99% of my post are readable, and it is not about avoiding the question. English is not my first language, factually my forth, and i am not used to slangs. How about you translate what he just typed so i can answer the question?

Hungary, romania , bulgaria, rusia states witch gave up comunism but not any how but whith a strugle with milions and milions of people on the street pushing it away and of course with a blood bath and a masacre that no one will forget.
I will search and get you and show you how comunism started, it started out of hate and killings you has being from hong do not know the history
of it cause it didint start there.
People that protested agaist it and political figures were hangd or shoot
so comunism can start, they took power by force eliminating all oposition
by killing the political liders of the oposition.

Has for democracy has a sistem it has it's flaws but at least we are free.
I do got a very strong opinion that in the us democracy is not what it represented once.
No united states is not a blanket of security for us but the opinions
are shared and there are other opinions.

We earned our freedom by our selfs and no one helped us we did it
on our own just like usa did it for them selfs"the independence war"
And nations who fight in such wars"independence wars" like united states
has the duty too keep it that way to ensure freedmom does not go away.

I think the bigest problem now on earth is north corea and i guess no body is ofering a blanket of security for the people that live under the harsh comunism there exposed to nialistical ways.

You see EarthUnificationFrontier take north corea for example where comunism is real strong ,they are not alow to were other cloth on the street only white short black pants if you were something else you get arested.
It's like haveing little robots runing around.
Plus if you want to go to another city in the country you have to ask for permision so you cant even travel inside the country.
Ohhh no tecnology if they catch you with some fancy stuff like a celll fone
or something like that i think you get executed.
There is u'r comunism.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by suzy ryan
Aid and "charity" stats. really shouldn't come into it without breaking it down to % of GNP and removing what trade with America "costs" those poor nations to begin with.

Also "charity" that earns "tax breaks" and works as propaganda isn't charity at all but a cunningly wielded, "social weapon".

Sorry but the U.S. can't "buy" guilt free status with money that returns it more than is spent.

Tell that to the people who get the aid. That is like saying "we should stop welfare in America because it is used by the government to subdue the poor". This logic is laughable.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
Ask 100,000 dead Iraqi civilians if they’d rather be alive or if they’d rather be voting.
jako
[edit on 16-12-2005 by Jakomo]

Are you saying that freedom doesn't cost you anything? If so, history tells us otherwise.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Seriously, go read the rest of the post, 9 of the 10 words have spelling mistakes in it and there's not capital letters, puncations. All sentences are run on and you don't know where one idea starts and another ends.

Please it's not too much trouble copying your text, pasting it in words and do a spell check. At least then more people can understand it.

The numbers don't mean much. If you look at the the percentage of GNP US contributed into giving of aids, it's the lowest out of the developed world.

US: 0.15% out of its total GNP
Canada: 0.44%
UK: 0.31%
Germany: 0.41%
France: 0.46%
Australia: 0.38%
Japan: 0.32%

It is the same metaphor as, if Bill Gates and a guy earning 100 dollars a month both give 50 dollars to charity, who is more generous?

Rock Ape you also missed a very important point.

If USA never existed, the 1929 Wall Street Crash would have never happened, which means Hitler rise to power in Germany would never be accomplished.

Without the Nazis in rule it is obvious WWII would not have started, same as Halocaust. As a link to events without the Halocaust zionists would not have moved to Middle East, causing the current Palestinians vs Israelis problem (US further intensified the conflict by giving arms to Israel, causing unbalance of poewr in the region).

Cold War with USSR would never have occured, no Vietnam War, no Korea War, no Gulf War etc.

Of course Hitler rise to power cannot be blamed on the US directly, but ultimately it contributed pat of it subconsiously.

[edit on 16-12-2005 by EarthUnificationFrontier]

As stated before, this only includes a fraction of charity given. It doesn't include the military cost of going in to aid countries struct by natural disaster and other groups who give charitable aid. Just because we are the weathiest country in the world doesn't mean we should give 90 cents of every dollar to aid other countries who in turn waste that money feeding the corrupt and enept (sp?) governments of those countries.

Let's look at the other great "empire countries".

England: Super power for a great many years before us. Did they do any charitable work for others when they were in power? No, in fact they subdues and suppressed human rights where ever they went.

Spain: Did they while they were establishing colonies? No, in fact they raped, killed and destroy civilizations.

France: Same story as above.

US: Too many rebuilding efforts to mention. Sure we want it our way. Freedom and values that even the UN, WTO and World Bank can relish. Capitalistic Democracy.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparkie the Wondersnail

No, actually a white female came up with rap. Her name was "Blondie". The black community came up later with it. As for the dubious honor, I agree that "rap" music is destructive.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Now you mention corruption, as if US itself doesn't have corrupted government officials?

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
oh and pepsi, run's past perfect tense is run, not runed. So my sentence was correct.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The US was a people once , a people who wished to be free of tyranny and persecution , it was agreed that government should be kept as small as possible , and the rights of the people be preserved at all costs.
The US was a separatist country once , almost isolationist , life was good , people were free and happy , and responsible.
Not anymore....So here we are.
There is no place to hide , ........

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Runned is a past term and run represents the present and the future.
The present is defined by "running".
There is present , future and history.
Run's is a term for run for something positive and it points to the person in cause who is running.
You can use "run" for future like "will run" or "go run"
You will only use "run's" when you want to point to some one or a object that is doing something , it's defined has a thing that belongs to him >" 's " danny's or bob's it's a substitute for saing it's his.
I may scrue words up some time i hurry but i know the definition of english very well.

You can not say run over by a car or run's over by a car for something that has hapend.
You can only say runned over by a car has in the past.
This english is hard huh

I am not makeing a big deal out of this, but just to see how things can turn
against you when you don't know the facts.
Just like with comunism, your far away from where it started.

[edit on 17-12-2005 by pepsi78]

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneGodJesus

Originally posted by suzy ryan
Aid and "charity" stats. really shouldn't come into it without breaking it down to % of GNP and removing what trade with America "costs" those poor nations to begin with.

Also "charity" that earns "tax breaks" and works as propaganda isn't charity at all but a cunningly wielded, "social weapon".

Sorry but the U.S. can't "buy" guilt free status with money that returns it more than is spent.

Tell that to the people who get the aid. That is like saying "we should stop welfare in America because it is used by the government to subdue the poor". This logic is laughable.

Sorry, but entrenching the majority of your population isn't 'welfare' but maintaining a constant threat of what becomes of those who won't 'play the game'.

Things like the dumping of chemical fertilizers and baby formula on nations too poor and uneducated to use them safely, caused alot of starving and sick to need "aid" that American companies and "charities" providing "aid" resourses make huge profits from.

Also, 'Blondie' didn't exist when the first sound recordings were made, which included African Americans "rapping".

I get the impression your passion for your country comes from the false belief that America is under (the rule of) God, which it hasn't been since, ooh well, maybe when it adopted the pagan practice of "celebrating" Christmas and worshipping the merchandizing dollars it spun.

Also, 'tongues' is the least of the gifts of The Holy Spirit even if you get the gift of interpretation to go with it. Love, which can't be expressed without Justice, is 'the key that turns all gifts on'.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
There has been numerous replies to the plight of the homeless and poor in the US in this thread. For arguements sake i will call them the outcasts of US society because thats what they are. For the most part they CHOOSE to live in this "category" because it actually affords them a decent existence. They are provided with meals and clothing through the charitable donations of municipalities and church organizations. The city of Dallas has recently approved a (US)$1 million homeless shelter, and other cities in the US have similiar projects approved. The citizens of the US do this for these people, who as a whole will contribute little to nothing to the greater good, out of charity. These people know this and CHOOSE to live their part of the American dream through these programs. The average man or woman in the US makes him or herself what they are. A college education is attainable for anyone, regardless of race or color or creed to all US citizens. But you have to work for it. You have to research and apply to generous organizations to get them to help you pay your way through college. After you receive your degree, you will thrust yourself into the workforce, and become a contributing force in the concept of the United States of America. Promoting that nations policies and programs through your tax dollars. You have representation through your vote. You win some, you lose some. The US is bigger than who "runs" it at a given time. The US is a collective opinion of truth, justice, freedom, and the American way. That is what makes the USA the most powerful nation in the world today, be it militarially, politically, charitably, or otherwise. That is why we are hated and revered at he same time. Just have a crisis, natural or man-made and who are you gonna call for help. it ain't China, France, or USSR. No sir, you need help, you call the USA

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
umm no, english isn't divided into now, future and history.

it is present tense, present continue, past tense, past continue, future tense, future continue, present perfect tense, present perfect continue, past perfect tense, past perfect continue, future perfect tense, and past perfect continue

Verbs are have three tenses, present, past and perfect.

And for the verb run, present tense is run, past is ran, and perfect tense is also run. There is not runned.

[edit on 18-12-2005 by EarthUnificationFrontier]

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   
and umm no english expert, you got mixed up, no one ever says runned over.

you can say present tense, i run over a guy.

past tense, i ran over a guy,

or past perfect tense, the guy got run over

present perfect, the guy gets run over

future perfect, the guy will get run over

etc

Go ask your english teacher, there is not "runned", other examples is like eat, there is ate, and eaten, but no eated.

just because english is your first language doesn't make you a pro. English is my forth and i may very well studied it more than you ever did

[edit on 18-12-2005 by EarthUnificationFrontier]

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 03:51 AM
link   

you can say present tense, i run over a guy.

You ment to say "i'm running over a guy" .
That is what you use for present time.

All sentences are "run" on and you don't know where one idea starts and another ends.

Here to see that you are rong.

search.yahoo.com... =0&n=10

Go ask your english teacher, there is "not"(no) "runned", other examples "is"(are) like eat, there is ate, and eaten, but no eated.

just because english is your first language doesn't make you a pro. English is my forth and i may very well studied it more than you ever did

Yes i can see that

Any way we are deviating off topic.
And english is not the subject.

[edit on 18-12-2005 by pepsi78]

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   
umm no, i am running over a guy is present progressive, or continue

present tense is simply, i run over a guy. Notice the verb run does not have "ing"

pepsi please don't comment if you really do not have a clue what you are talking about.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join