It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is Jose Padilla and why has be been in solitary for 3 years without charge?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
This is interesting, and makes you wonder what information he knows, or what the government is trying to hide....

www.democracynow.org.../11/23/152219

The Justice Department announced Tuesday criminal charges have been filed against Jose Padilla - the U.S. citizen who had been held for over three years in solitary confinement on a military brig in South Carolina.
The Bush administration didn't even let Padilla meet with an attorney for two years.
He has been detained in a modern facility in a unit that has ten cells, five on each floor, each tier. The other nine cells in the unit that he is on are empty. He is entirely alone. He hears no sounds except the ventilation. He doesn't even have -- except when food is brought to him, he has no human contact. He has primarily been monitored by cameras and electronically. Even when he is allowed out for recreation, he is in, essentially, a concrete box alone. So his contacts with other people of any kind has been limited to about 15 minutes a day.

How scared can they be of one man?

[edit on 6-12-2005 by Netchicken]

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Jose Padilla has been discussed on ATS before.
Here is a partial list of threads from the past:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken

How scared can they be of one man?

Or - How arrogant in their power? How much more disrespectful of Constitutional Rights?

Now that he actually has been charged, maybe we'll see a bit of justice.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Hehehe
Those old posts make good reading...

From 2003
Bush can't hold Jose Padilla
Federal court orders 'dirty bomb' suspect Jose Padilla released from military custody.

(well so much for Bush being beaten back then)

From 2004
For those of you who don't know, Jose Padilla was arrested after being accused of planning to plant a dirty bomb in the US. He is a US citizen. He has been detained for over 2 years now with no chargers and no access to a lawyer.

(he must be runing flat by now if there have been no chargers since 2004)

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
You can't carry out a fake War on Terror without holding somebody as a terrorist. Padilla was jailed only to put a body in a cell for political purposes. Thats all I can get out of it.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Wikipedia mention this about Jose...
en.wikipedia.org...é_Padilla_(alleged_terrorist)

Several websites promoting what most observers consider to be conspiracy theories including whatreallyhappened.com have pointed to a supposed uncanny resemblance between Padilla and police sketches of an Oklahoma City Bombing suspect known as "John Doe Two."

These sites claim he was likely a CIA agent and that the fact he is being held as a enemy combatant is part of a coverup of his involvement in the Oklahoma City bombings while a CIA agent.

Which is interesting even though whatreallyhappened.com is often an hysterical "anti Bush on principle" website.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Yes. There is a popular theory that Padilla is being held because he matches the description of John Doe #2 from OKC. In that event, he could blow the lid off any government involvement in that operation (has anyone here seen the original local news footage from that day? Two additional bombs found inside the building. Couldn't have been just McVeigh, therefore - a conspiracy.)

I'm not a huge fan of Whatreallyhappened.com, but I'm surprised you might doubt it's take on this, simply because it's a long-time "Bush basher" website. This story has nothing to do with George Bush - OKC was a Clinton admin. op.

The tie in is that the MIC (Military-Industrial Complex) is behind both OKC and 9/11.

In my ever so humble opinion.

[edit on 10-12-2005 by BlogBombshell]

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
To me its the absolute isolation of the person that raises the most questions. Its as if they don't want to give him any chance to tell what he knows. And that doesn't seem to me to be the sort of situation you would put a terrorist in at all.

Instead of wanting him to tell the truth, such isolation speak of trying to silence him totally. That means he has something the governemnt doesn't want people to know about.

With Whatreallyhappened.com I get a little tired of the writer dragging out the same old whipping boys Israel and Bush for any event that happens in the world. Obsessed and biased are descriptors that spring to mind about the site.

[edit on 10-12-2005 by Netchicken]

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Instead of wanting him to tell the truth, such isolation speak of trying to silence him totally. That means he has something the governemnt doesn't want people to know about.

But yet they haven't killed him, which would be so much easier. Maybe he's important to them, as well? Or they're just being total asses to the guy.

top topics

join