It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Was Not Black

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by plague
ok maybe more than just the hebrews escaped THIS DOES NOT CHANGE THE FACT THAT HE IS TALKING TO THE HEBREWS.....

No at that point he was talking to everyone not just Hebrews. His job was to spread the message of GOD to all mankind both male and female no matter who they were.

[edit on 12/8/2005 by shots]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
sorry you are right ......i will take better care of keeping my answers not so angery........

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
shots why do you persist on using part quotes of my statement to make your points??????god was clearly speaking to the hebrews he was clearing speaking to moses when he said that he must free his people...meaning moses people......why would moses tell the pharoah to free my people ...did he feel as though all the slaves were his people...but wait show me where in the story of exodus that it state there were slaves other than the hebrews........in genesis it seemed that abraham , isac, and jacob went to great links to keep the hebrew bloodline pure...as far as to sending there sons to marry there brothers children.....which by using reason we would deduct that they were all pretty much hebrew when they enterd egypt.....joseph spoke of no other slaves as a whole population.....not like we have come to envision the hebrews as slaves to the egyptions ... they where given land of there own to live on and did not mingle with the egyptions.......

once again please show me where in the bible it states that god was talking to anyone other than moses and the hebrews.............

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   

shots why do you persist on using part quotes of my statement to make your points??????god was clearly speaking to the hebrews he was clearing speaking to moses when he said that he must free his people...meaning moses people......

That is your interpretation not mine, I have been taught that moses was speaking to all man not just the Jews because he was gods messenger.
Again I will state you clearly appear to be taking the bible literally and that is wrong.

Bishops warning not to take the bible literally

Catholic Church No longer swears by truth of the bible
THE hierarchy of the Roman Catholic Church has published a teaching document instructing the faithful that some parts of the Bible are not actually true.

As for using only a portion to make my points. Excessiving quoting should not be used. You doubt it ask a MOD.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   

once again please show me where in the bible it states that god was talking to anyone other than moses and the hebrews...

God might have only spoken to Moses/Hebrews but his message was intended for all mankind so ultimately he wasn't only speaking to the Hebrews.

However, I agree with Shots in that there was probably other slaves inspired by Moses which followed him and therefore (allegedly) heard the Words of God. Which would mean God did not only speak to the Hewbrews...regardless of who the Bible says God was addressing.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I'd say it's safe to say he was Hebrew, which is not white nor black...but closer to Arabs in color, at least the Hebrews of the time....

Ever see a movie named, "A Man Called Sarge"??? It was done by the same guys who did Airplane!, it was a WWII spoof... In it, there's a great song....

Jesus was a black dude
he was a very special man,
Jesus was a a black dude
not some white guy with a tan....

Jesus was a black dude
and everybody knows
Jes...ah...us, oh Jesus...
he called everybody "bro"!

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Church No longer swears by truth of the bible
THE hierarchy of the Roman Catholic Church has published a teaching document instructing the faithful that some parts of the Bible are not actually true.

Bishops warning not to take the bible literally

This isn't new to me but I am still blown anyway by this...and the Catholic Churches change to Evolution theory versus Creationism.

I'm not saying I dont agree with this. Im an intellegent person with a critical mind...of course the Bible is full of stuff that isn't true. That's not why I am upset...

[rant]I am upset that the faithful Catholics are still faithful (blind) with this blatant slap in the face. I would hope this would cause a reckoning and the collapse of the Roman Catholic Church. I mean come on people THE Church just told the faithful churchgoers that what they had been faithful in was not Truth and the story of Creationism isn't Truth (which is the very foundation of the religion!) If I belonged to the Church I would have felt very betrayed. Think of all the wars that have been fought in the name of this Truth that they now say isn't Truth at all...where is the apology from the Church to its People?[/rant]

Sorry for getting off topic.

[edit on 043131p://8u57 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   

where in the bible does it state that that it felt like lambs wool???????
when did hebrews become black???????? becuz the bible is a clear recalling of hebrew/jewish tradition from the old test all the way up to the knew test. or is this something you want to leave out...to believe in jesus is to believe in the knew test. to believe in the knew test you must believe on the old and the old is clearly about the hebrew descendents...so at what point did the hebrews become black?? david was hebrew he was from the middle east.....look at modern day jews and there islamic cousins there skin is dark actually it is ecactly bronze not black .....also look at there features ..this is not meant as a racist statement but hebrews and islamics do not have african features.......they are both descendents af abraham and jesus was of hebrew descent....so there for jesus is not black and to think that after reading the bible is to discont what the bible says remember bronze is not black ......no matter what you have been told.....besides jesus stated he as the king of the jewish people......some of them believed enough to follow him all over the place.....do you think at those times when people were very much segregated (way more than now) that they would have listend to him if he were not of the same race....

Black people are also not black. We are dark brown to albino which includes bronze in the spectrum.

www.africanbynature.com...

I refered to this type of situation in my thread " Separation Anxiety ". Due to the hatred and fear that the European man had for the people of color, it was decided that anything good automatically had to be white or close. The original man(black) has been scorned and shunned throughout the world.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
this thread started out as a discussion on jesus ethnicity...in order to argue his ethnicity you need at least some sort of factual things to use as info...this would be the bible or other religious text of the time.....in order to have an actaul discussion i try not to deviate from the tex..therefore i take it literal.....you can not have the discussion of his ethnicity with out the bible or other bible like text because there is no other record of him....there fore i have kept this thread true to the original post and have not deviated...and it seems like every time i make a point it is replied with your taking the bible literally.....well in order to keep this thread alive and true to itself i have too take the bible literal or i am just spouting off what i have been told by my peers who have even less of a clue then the ones who wrote the bible.......

my question and it is not meant as an insult is have you ever read the bible?
have you read it beginning to end?

now i want you to read exodus and read and take it literal ....now try to argue that god was not talking directly to the hebrews he even goes as far as to make statements as seperating the hebrews from other nations.....basically other ethnicities as thats how it was back then ......you can not argue this stuff in a modern day thought you must put your self in the moment.........this thread was created to discuss jesus ethnicity....using the fact we have ..not just blow smoke and try to pass off what we believe to be true .....

now if you want to have a discussion having a loose interpetation of religion we can start a new thread.......i am up for it ...you start the thread and i will debate it.....

why do people pick and choose what the want to take from the bible???
and why are people not comfortable with the facts laidout before them....oh my ..jesus cant be jewish ...oh my.. the bible cant be just talking to the hebrews.....

im shure they dont want to see this because they feel as though they will be left behind........trust me you wont god comes in many forms and in many ways ...the bible is not the only religious text that exist.....

but the only way to argue this text is using the things we have and in order to argue them correctly you must use them and take them literaly or you are just lost in the convo.....

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
infa red ...have you red the whole thread??? i was not saying jesus is white or even european...i have been saying he is hebrew.....close cousin of the arab.....both of which in biblical times fit the description of the messiah.......i am going to check out your thread and will withhold comment until i read it...but please do not confuse what i am saying with racial slants because it is not a racial slant.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

ok maybe more than just the hebrews escaped THIS DOES NOT CHANGE THE FACT THAT HE IS TALKING TO THE HEBREWS.....

No at that point he was talking to everyone not just Hebrews. His job was to spread the message of GOD to all mankind both male and female no matter who they were.

actually at that point god was trying to prepare the "chosen people" to enter the land prmised to them thru abraham and his decendents thru the covent with god..and it was moses's job to lead them......plain and simple......

again i ask have you read the bible? beginning to end?

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
My whole issue is that the much of history has been rewritten to conform to what whoever is in power at the time. Even the bible that is in use today was written by the Greek and rewritten by the English. Many chapters were censored and banned, some of which are still being translated today. Also dont forget that there was no J in the Hebrew alphabet at the time of J esus.

www.plim.org...

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   

actually at that point god was trying to prepare the "chosen people" to enter the land prmised to them thru abraham and his decendents thru the covent with god..and it was moses's job to lead them......plain and simple......

again i ask have you read the bible? beginning to end?

Funny that you seem to know the exact meanings or definitions to stories and events that were told in the oral tradition for centuries and then were translated to Old Hebrew (of which we only understand about 75%) and in turn were translated to Latin and Greek, etc, etc...finally trickling down to English.

Personally, if we suspect todays media of story bias, how can you not suspect a collection of stories told as "campfire tales" and then translated from the iconic old Hebrew through all the combinations of translations (and mistranslations) to be completely accurate?

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   

why do people pick and choose what the want to take from the bible???
and why are people not comfortable with the facts laidout before them....oh my ..jesus cant be jewish ...oh my.. the bible cant be just talking to the hebrews...

Jesus was Jewish in origin but that doesn't make him Jewish in faith. He was faithful to God and God alone. Based on the description of God given to us by the sages of the past it's silly to think God would only address/care about Hewbrews versus all Mankind. Jesus would think so as well.

but the only way to argue this text is using the things we have and in order to argue them correctly you must use them and take them literaly or you are just lost in the convo.....

Okay fair enough Plague. We, for the intergrity of the conversation, take the Bible both new and old as literal accounts. We do this, as you said, because they are the only written accounts of the time which contains the Words of Jesus and of God.

So what says you in light of other texts of the time which contain the Words of Jesus? Because they do exist...they were suppressed by the Church head (IMO for the purpose of control).

You keep asking us if we have read the Bible. I have read much but not all of both the Old and New Testement. My question to you is: are you aware of the suppressed texts I speak of and have you read some of them? What if they contrast and contradict in ways with the New Testement? Which one do you choose to be more literal then the other?...since they were both of the time containing the Words of Jesus. Hmmm? To answer your earlier question plague that's why I pick and choose from the Bible. There are Truths in the Bible but you have to find them.

[edit on 043131p://8u45 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
the hidden text which i am aware of are mostly of his teachings not origin..
this thread was about his origin ..you get that from the bible old and new..his teaching how ever great are not what is being discussed ....there for i use the bible as my point of reference.

as far as the chuch conspiracy ...red....why would they center then around hebrews why not change it all to be eurocentric??? because not even the church can pull that off.

maybe the bible is wrong maybe jesus did not exsist whos to say but we have more proof in the bible of him then anywhere else so in order to argue this thread we need to use what we have......

i was not trying to start a revelution just trying pulll the curtains open on a subject that i felt was being misrepresented... sorry if i have offended anyone...

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
also in the book of mathew the first book of the new testament jesus says he is here to help uphold the teachings of the prophet....he followed the sabath and passover ..it tells you this in the bible...he was pissed when he saw how the religious leaders had turned his fathers house( the jewish temple in its 2nd reincarnation) into corruption.... if you read the whole bible and listen to what the messiah said and did in his time you would realise that he actually was a very hardline in his beliefs and did not stray far from the teachings of moses...yes in addition he taught compassion something lacking from the old teachings but he himself followed much of the old decree

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Gazrok had it right...
He was arab (light summer wheat thru dark sienna )
more than a few documentaries have been done that PROVE he was from peoples of that area... and they would have had arab features (which are quite common among jews today)

so end of troll...
he looked like most arabs today look that are from the iranian and iraqi area.

end

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   

now i want you to read exodus and read and take it literal ....

Sorry I cannot do that since the Roman Catholic says not to take it literally, which is just what I have been trying to tell you.

How can you tell people to take in literally when the church says not to?

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
because the bible does not belong to the church...it was hijacked by the church and used for there own purposes......so what you are saying is that you dont take it literally which means you would have to be smart enough to interpet it for yourself..yet you are doing this becuz the church tells you so......where is your logic in that.....maybe you should think for yourself....if you chose to interpet it in your own way then do so...but dont do it for the church do it for yourself.............

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   

because the bible does not belong to the church...it was hijacked by the church and used for there own purposes....

Yes it does plague. A Church created the Bible! The Church might not have fabricated all the individual stories in the Bible but they collected them and consolidated them into one book. You're right about them using it for the purpose of control, that was their intention when they created it too.

The wisdom in the stories isn't owned by the Church but the Bible itself is.

[edit on 063131p://8u31 by Lucid Lunacy]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join