It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Was Not Black

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
i hope you got that i realy suck at the quote thing ........

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Has anyone considered the idea that as God's perfect son or being an aspect of God he could probably appear however he wished.

Or maybe he appeared to a person as they thought he should look like, which could possibly explain his popularity.

In all seriousness, he wouldn't have been black or white but most probably brown or olive, like most people who originate from Mediterraenan (sorry for the spelling) countries/areas.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by plague
we must not forget who wrote the bible and who it was writen for...

I must have forgotten...who wrote it?

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   
well the only deduction i can come up with would be the hebrews/jewish ...
i mean the first book is the book of moses who is a hebrew patriarc ....the whole old test is full of the hebrew geneology all the way up and into the new test... so you can try to trick with one line quotes of mine but as you can see i do have an answer maybe not the one you want but the one thats laid before us.....

but ill bite...we dont know who actually wrote it ...but they obviosly wrote it for the hebrews.....

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I wasn't baiting you Plague. You said it was important we remember who wrote the Bible, yet now you say you don't know who wrote it.

I'll help you out. Man wrote the Bible. I'm not suggesting that somehow lessens its value but for the churchgoers who have not come to terms with this fact it's a revelation in waiting. When you (I mean people in general) accept that Man wrote all the stories in the Bible you realize all the inherent problems therein. An example being the many mistranslations and details conviniently being left out of the Bible's various iterations.

I'm sure there is many human authors we due credit to for all the stories in the Bible. It would be a fallacy to say they were all hebrew/jewish though Plague. Many of the stories seem to be borrowed from even earlier civlizations. Read the Epic of Gilgamesh and tell me that's not where the Noah's Ark story evolved from. That is a Sumerian story btw.

[edit on 053131p://8u44 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maverick907
...in the Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth(BIBLE).

That there is funny, I'd not hear it before
. Mind if I use that?

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
Man wrote the Bible.

Man quoted God and Jesus in the Bible. If I asked you to dictate a letter for me, who wrote the letter? I'm waiting for the inevitable and repetitious question: Why didn't God write it himself? He did write the 10 commandment himself. Moses broke 'em and He had to write 'em again. See what we do with stuff God writes? Here's another example:

"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God...The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the One and Only who came from the Father full of grace and truth." In the next chapter, we discover the word "Word" is a title or name for Jesus Christ. What did we do with God's Word? We beat it to a bloody pulp, pierced it with thorns, nailed it to a cross, jabbed it with a spear and left it to die. It is no wonder God doesn't write us weekly newsletters

[edit on 8-12-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   

but they obviosly wrote it for the hebrews.....

You seem to forget that Moses asked all those that believed in what he was stating to follow him too the promised land. They all were not Hebrew many were slaves from other areas, therefore it was written for all man kind not just Hebrews.

You have yet to state just where you are going with this. Can you please try and explain exactly what you are getting at other then your assumption it was written for hebrews/jews alone?

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
We have seen His glory, the glory of the One and Only who came from the Father full of grace and truth". (John 1:14).

Gospel of Luke Chapter 1, Verse 28 -
(Gabriel from Heaven speaking to Mary, Christ's mother)
"And the angel being come in, said unto her, Hail, full of
grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.'

Mary was full of grace, Heaven said so.
Full of grace. No room for anything
other than Grace. She was FULL of grace.

Off topic, I know. But I thought I'd put in that there was
also one other person in the Bible who was called 'full of grace'.
She didn't preceed from the Father, as Christ did. She's
totally human and not divine .... but a human 'full of grace'.

MY John 1:14 says this - And the Word was made flesh and dwelt
among us (and we saw his glory as it were of the only begotten
of the Father), full of grace and truth.

This has him being the only begotten of the Father, but it does NOT
have him the ONLY one full of grace.

[edit on 12/8/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
shots were do you get that there were other slave ...did it say this at all in the book of exodus?

if you read starting from genesis you will see that yes the story of adam and eve is borrowed ..and yes its hard to imagine they poulated the earth with just themselves .....yes the noahs ark story is maybe borrowed but read on it begins to change it begins to center around abraham it moves on to issac you will even notice that it barely speaks of issiah (isacs half brother from an egyptian maid who is cast out and promised his own land and covent with the lord for his people ..the arabs) it is geared toward the hebrew people...... you can try to argue but read it you will see its fact......you can say well man wrote it maybe this maybe that...well man said the sky is blue......maybe its not maybe the color is actually green.....but blue is the fact we are told so it is the fact we accept....im not saying wether the bible is true or not............but to think that the bible was not written by hebrews for hebrews is ludacriss and i dont mean the rapper...........

answer me this if the old testament is not for the hebrews then why is it refererred to as the jewish bible?????

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
my thoughts are like this......
god spoke to the hebrew/jewish people in the old testament........
god spoke to the arabs/muslims in the koran...........
god spoke to indians/hindus thru the vedas and the gita...........

god speaks to different people and in different ways to get out his message...he gave us freewill and is always hoping and trying to lead us back to her love............to think that god could not speak thru these other text is very narrow minded........so with that in thought just because he spoke to those people in away they would react does not mean you cant listen......but it does not change the fact that he was talking to a peticular race of people ..........of this fact you cant argue......

he was speaking to the hebrews/jewish thru moses and kept a covent with his people ....but just because he is speaking to the hebrews does not mean you cant listen or that anyone else could not....and he continued to speak to the hebrews thru the new testament....now that brings us to jesus.....given the info and time and situation jesus was talking to the hebrews.....does this lesson his word or meaning NO IT DOES NOT.....
does this mean just because he spoke to the hebrews (which is a fact read the bible) and was a hebrew (a fact read the same bible) you cant listen...NO .... his messge was for everyone just as all the messages handed down thru the word of god to certain people are for everyone......
but that does not change who he spoke to .......

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   

shots were do you get that there were other slave ...did it say this at all in the book of exodus?

I was talking about when Moses lead the slaves and asked them to follow him into the promised land.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
the slaves moses lead out of egypt were those of his ancesters the hebrews who were bought out of the land were jacob/israel resided ...there he had 12 children......his second to youngest was joseph who was betrayed by his brothers and sold to a passing merchant who sold him to an egyptian man.....through an offset of messed up events he ends up in favor with the pharou and eventually brings his 11 other brothers and father to egypt where they lived cut off from the egyptians because the egyptians did not like herdsmen....eventually they are taken as slaves and later on moses thru the help of god brings them (the 12 tribes of israel) out of egypt............god speaks to moses and says these are your people the people of abraham and speaks of them being hebrew....

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Man quoted God and Jesus in the Bible.

Yeah that's what I said. Man wrote the bible.

If I asked you to dictate a letter for me, who wrote the letter?

The Man wrote the letter

I'm waiting for the inevitable and repetitious question: Why didn't God write it himself?

Don't worry I would never ask that question. I don't believe in some inferrior god that has been personalized in some humanistic way. The Bible might contain Words that were channeled to Man from God but that hardly means one should infer God wanted the Bible to be created.

He did write the 10 commandment himself. Moses broke 'em and He had to write 'em again. See what we do with stuff God writes?

If someone told me he possesed something that God wrote but he broke it so he had to write it again himself, I would 1) wouldn't believe him 2) wonder why on God's good earth did he allow it to brake...I would have guarded it with my life.

[edit on 013131p://8u03 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   

The Man wrote the letter

I see where you're coming from. If by "The Man" you mean you. Though the letter contains my words, does it not?

Don't worry I would never ask that question. I don't believe in some inferrior god that has been personalized in some humanistic way. The Bible might contain Words that were channeled to Man from God but that hardly means one should infer God wanted the Bible to be created.

I don't believe in an inferior god either. Thank God for that. God wants us to get the message. If not by the Book, then maybe a witness would do? Hm, I doubt that'd work in your case since I've been sitting here for many pages of this thread. So friend, what will it take?

If someone told me he possesed something that God wrote but he broke it so he had to write it again himself, I would 1) wouldn't believe him 2) wonder why on God's good earth did he allow it to brake...I would have guarded it with my life.

Moses was upset, and broke them. There's a story there if you care to read it sometime.

[edit on 8-12-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
actually god rewrote the tablets himself.....moses breaking the tablets whether meant literal or figurative was in reaction to the way the hebrews had already broke gods comandments by whorshipping the golden calf....this also led to bloodshed as god had moses purge the group thru violence to ensur there purity.....

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   

the slaves moses lead out of egypt were those of his ancesters the hebrews who were bought out of the land were jacob/israel resided ...there he had 12 children......

It would appear once again you are taking the bible literally. ,:shk:

How can you be so certain that only hebrews escaped?

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   

The Man wrote the letter

I see where you're coming from. If by "The Man" you mean you. Though the letter contains my words, does it not?

Well now that depends on whether I decided to keep your Words in their original form. Maybe I changed the "wording" of your Words because I felt you were not conveying your message properly. Or perhaps I decided to add my own Words to your letter. See where I am coming from?

I don't believe in an inferior god either. Thank God for that. God wants us to get the message. If not by the Book, then maybe a witness would do? Hm, I doubt that'd work in your case since I've been sitting here for many pages of this thread. So friend, what will it take?

I believe in God. I have already in this thread called myself a Christian. So what are you really asking me? What will it take for me to believe the New Testement and the Church head?

Moses was upset, and broke them. There's a story there if you care to read it sometime.

I wasn't trying to isolate and debunk Moses story I was just using the example you brought up to further a point.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
ok maybe more than just the hebrews escaped THIS DOES NOT CHANGE THE FACT THAT HE IS TALKING TO THE HEBREWS..... yes he makes mention of those who are strangers to your people but choose to reside with you must uphold gods laws as well...now wether this means that there were other slaves involved we do not know....but to think once again that he was not talking to the hebrews is not true.......read the bible beginning you know genesis to end ..revelation and you will see that the book is basically of jewish tradition even up to the beginning of the new testament......god often spoke of other lands and nations and how the hebrews and children of abraham and jacob and joseph and david would have a promise land...and should beware of these people for they will undermind the hebrews and the laws set forth to them by the lord.......does this not show that he is speaking to the hebrews in general........maybe there were others present but god nor the bible speak of them......

the purpose of this thread was a discussion on jesus heritage which we get from the bible.....so we must take a literal sense of the bible in order to discuss this...maybe your in the wrong thread..........

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Plague please stop screaming at your readers by using CAPS LOCK. If you want to emphasise your text use the [b bold commands b]. Although if you plan to abuse the bold commands I would suggest the italic command as it is easier on the eyes.

[edit on 023131p://8u42 by Lucid Lunacy]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join