It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Was Not Black

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
First, If your grammar was correct I would be able to respect your questions a little better. Second are black people actually Black? No...
They are actually brown. Read the post by the other gentleman (infa_red) who explained how breeding with other races(European Mainly) have given jewish people the shade they have today. The same with some black people, they come in different shades. So Sammy Davis Jr. Wasn't Jewish cause he looked black?? I am not making a personal attack at you. We are just having a strong debate. So when I say I could respect you better if your grammar was correct I am stating that when a person is educated on a topic they are debating, they are concise with the point they are getting across. Questions that have already been answered in previous posts are useless to me. So don't ask me and expect a response. I don't really care what you believe. I am not forcing you to believe what I do. If you read the bible with your heart and your spirt then you will recieve divine revelations. If you read it with your mind then you will of course only scratch the surface of what is to offer. Read the book then ask more questions or provide valid points at least.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
would it take anything away from jesus if he was black? what about if he was japanese? south amercian? does it really matter that much to anybody?

all i know is jesus was a guy with some ideas that were pretty good (though not completely original) and it doesn't matter what race he was.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
a quote from someone (though the author's name eludes me)

"if triangles created a god, it would have 3 sides"

any questions?

Yes. Are triangles alive? Who created triangles?

my point is that the depiction of a divine figure will most likely look similar to the people in the region you're in.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Al Davison

Originally posted by plague
..also god is very omnipotent ...

is "very omnipotent" more omnipotent than just omnipotent but somewhat less omnipotent than "super omnipotent"?

I think what plague was alluding to was that a black god would be "very omnipotent" where as a white god would be "super omnipotent"

[edit on 083131p://7u36 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
no i was refering to god in more of a hindu path of thought which is that god is every where yet nowhere he is all around us yet we cant actually touch or see him, yet every were you look hes there in the trees in the faces of your fellow humans, animals ...hes the air we breath and the thoughts we think ...god would have no color or image....yet he would...but then hes god she can do what ever it wants to do....see my point??

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   

....see my point??

Interesting that you can adopt the hindu mentality on the nature of God, which in ways is in opposition to the orthodox christian version of God, and yet still claim yourself to be part of that orthodox doctrine.

Do I see your point? The one you just made? Yeah I see it and agree with you. Your prior point about JESUS NOT BEING BLACK!!!,etc. No I don't see your point on that. As others have already said it's the message that matters not the person. Jesus the Christ stressed the importance of that many times over.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maverick907
First, If your grammar was correct I would be able to respect your questions a little better. Second are black people actually Black? No...
They are actually brown. Read the post by the other gentleman (infa_red) who explained how breeding with other races(European Mainly) have given jewish people the shade they have today. The same with some black people, they come in different shades. So Sammy Davis Jr. Wasn't Jewish cause he looked black?? I am not making a personal attack at you. We are just having a strong debate. So when I say I could respect you better if your grammar was correct I am stating that when a person is educated on a topic they are debating, they are concise with the point they are getting across. Questions that have already been answered in previous posts are useless to me. So don't ask me and expect a response. I don't really care what you believe. I am not forcing you to believe what I do. If you read the bible with your heart and your spirt then you will recieve divine revelations. If you read it with your mind then you will of course only scratch the surface of what is to offer. Read the book then ask more questions or provide valid points at least.

first off sorry for my grammer...but sammy jr was half jewish and that part was probably very watered down ( i also believe that he was said to be jewish in the religious sense not as in the hebrew of the old testament sense) so that kinda takes care of that...and once again my valid point is that no matter how he is described (which is a good description of someone of middle eastern decent especially before there bloodline was mixed with europeans) in the bible, he is of hebrew liniage nothing else or if you want me to follow your path of thinking then he is hebrew mixed w/ european blood...which would not make him black....

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I don't care about his color but i do get botherd when people obviosly speak in rumors when it is laid out in text for you...

You get bothered because you need to relax your mind.

As far as it being laid out in text for us? Are you open to the possibility that people who do not belong to your church also have texts and didn't get their insight from rumors? But they don't have the True version eh?

you can start by reading the Bible ....remember kids...it is always better to believe something you read then to preach something you have heard.

...but what if "the Bible" was written by someone who had heard something? I mean...isn't that how it happened
The Bible is the preaching of men who had heard something...some of it was heard from Jesus the Christ. Remember Jesus didnt write this stuff himself so what you're reading is what his followers heard and wrote down.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

....see my point??

Interesting that you can adopt the hindu mentality on the nature of God, which in ways is in opposition to the orthodox christian version of God, and yet still claim yourself to be part of that orthodox doctrine.

Do I see your point? The one you just made? Yeah I see it and agree with you. Your prior point about JESUS NOT BEING BLACK!!!,etc. No I don't see your point on that. As others have already said it's the message that matters not the person. Jesus the Christ stressed the importance of that many times over.

first off i never claimed to be anything other than someone who was trying to answer a post saying that jesus and god were black ,and that the 12 tribes came from africa.....i claim no religion, but i do like to study up on different religion.

now jesus said that the only way to heaven was through him ..if this does not stress the importance of the man then i dont know what does....my point is this...sit down and read the bible at least once over beginning to end from genesis to revelations...put yourself there in ancient times think of the surroundings think of what god tells abraham, jacob, and moses...how hardline gods teachings are...then come back and try to argue that jesus was black ( or african as the person i was posting to was implying) ...i dont think you will because you will realize that im not argueing for my race or my beliefs but arguing for a "historical fact" i put quotes on this because you have to remember it was a book written by man (with alot of great stories and lessons you can live your life by) so it could be a bunch of made up stories ( i believe they are a loose historical recal of the hebrew liniage and moses way of explaining how they came to be), so to believe in jesus you would have to believe in the new test. and to believe the new test. you have to believe the old.........jesus believed in the old test.........but then again why would he not he was a good god loving hebrew...

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Ethnocentric blacks want Jesus to be Black. Ethnocentric whites want Jesus to be white. I personally believe he was somewhere in the middle after all he was from the "middle " east! Oops I'm white can I say Jesus was not white.

Sorry for thinking for my self- got to go the sentinals are coming!

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
yes you can...im white and im positive that jesus was not white.....

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
i have been reading over this thread i created ( on accident funny how things work) and have noticed that i have gotten quite a few replies....ive noticed that they keep saying that jesus was black or jesus was not white....they seem to keep skipping over my point of him being hebrew or jewish like i never even said it.......

then i get the people who give me the its the message not the man speach...but this thread was created to talk about the man not his message......

now i have given what i believe to be proof of this thru the bible, but the only arguement i get is one tiny verse ( i mean tiny do you realize how big the bible is) about his feet and hair...well let me sum it up....

joseph jesus's stepfather was a part of the hebrew patriarch bloodline...he married mary so that she would not be shunned by the hebrew community for having a child out of wedlock....the bible also shows that it was very rare and almost forbidden for a hebrew at this time to mary outside of his race.......they were shunned ...so it would stand to reason that mary would be hebrew not african......

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   

yes you can...im white and im positive that jesus was not white.....

Apparently you're also positive he's not black

JESUS WAS NOT A BLACK MAN ...THIS IS PROVEN BY THE FACT THAT HE IS HEBREW AND HEBREWS ARE NOT BLACK.......

So historically you're saying Jesus was middle eastern and therefore, using your words, bronze. Okay I 'm not sure myself but that makes sense. Again why does this matter to you? Why did you create a new thread to scream in all caps that Jesus was not black?

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   
lucid lunacy.......
i started this thred on accident...i read a prior post that had said jesus was black and that the 12 tribes had come out of africa.... i believe from what i have read that this is not true, but it has been used by many militant black groups that try to say that jesus was black and that makes god black and that makes them racially superior to other races........tthey try to use the "eve" argument that the closest remains of what appear to be an early form of a human is from africa...........we dont know that thats were it came from or that we truly descended from it.....but i get away from my true point......i meant only to reply to this person not make a new thread...

the cap letters were another mistake i made......i have stated both of these things all thru out this thread.......this also goes to prove my point....YOU MUST READ THE BEGINNING ALL THE WAY TO THE END TO UNDERSTAND SOMETHING..........you cant come in the middle or end and think youve figured it out......although if i had not posted this and had not used caps then we would not be here discussing this topic.......so i have no regrets.............

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   

first off i never claimed to be anything other than someone who was trying to answer a post saying that jesus and god were black ,and that the 12 tribes came from africa.....i claim no religion, but i do like to study up on different religion.

Well you sited the Christian Bible in the beginning of the thread as an Absoulte source of truth. So I gathered this meant you followed the orthodox christian church that created the New Testament. Not sure how else I should have interpreted it? My apologies anyways for misunderstanding you.

now jesus said that the only way to heaven was through him ..if this does not stress the importance of the man then i dont know what does....

It's not your fault. Many people have only read the limited teachings of Jesus the Christ that the Church permits. Myself being a Gnostic Christian I am exposed to a broader spectrum of Jesus's teachings. I am refering to texts that were suppressed by the Church head.

Jesus, the anointed one, did not feel he was unique in the sense that he possed something only he could posses. He tought a Path for the people to follow that would allow them to attain what he had...Christhood. He taught that all mankind could become Christs. So when he says the only way to heaven or the only way to God is through him he means you must be like him i.e a Christ (anointed one). This becomes more evident when you read the texts that have been suppressed.

I'm going to say this is my opinion because I don't like to think in absolutes and ultimately what isnt an opinion? but it's based on my readings of the Christian Bible and many gnostic texts (containing words from Jesus).

so to believe in jesus you would have to believe in the new test. and to believe the new test. you have to believe the old...

So by that logic you would have to believe the suppresed gnostic texts that contain the words of Jesus before you can say you believe in Jesus. Are you interested in this?

Jesus believed in the old test.........but then again why would he not he was a good god loving hebrew...

Actually Jesus was a rebel to the Old Testement in many ways which is why he was outcasted and eventually murdered. He was however, God-loving.

His death could have been symbolic of spiritual rebirth, or twice-born, which is a common occult idea, but that's another topic...

[edit on 123131p://8u40 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   

lucid lunacy.......
i started this thred on accident...
the cap letters were another mistake i made......

I already said I understood you created this thread by accident and the capslock was an accident (although I don't understand how you didnt notice). I also understand and agree with what you were trying to say about Jesus's ethnicity...which I already said.

i have stated both of these things all thru out this thread.......this also goes to prove my point....YOU MUST READ THE BEGINNING ALL THE WAY TO THE END TO UNDERSTAND SOMETHING..........you cant come in the middle or end and think youve figured it out......

What the hell are you talking about? I clearly addressed things, and quoted things, you said in the beginning, middle and end of your post. So obviously I read the beginning, middle and end. BTW nice use of the CAPS LOCK again.

although if i had not posted this and had not used caps then we would not be here discussing this topic.......so i have no regrets....

If I created a new thread in ALL CAPS I would always regret it because I know that translates to screaming at the readers.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Somebody is pulling somebody else's chain here! We're supposed to put stock in the story of a black Jesus...and yet Christmas is a holiday of Slave Owners...so the blacks celebrate Kwanza instead??

Give me a break!!

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
toward the beginning of the new test jesus says hes not here to disclaim what other prophets such as moses had taught but that he was here to uphold them to reteach them to basically take back "his fathers" words and to make them true again....he did not rebel against the teachings of the old test...rather he confronted the high preist and holy men about how badly they had gone astray from the bible........

to argue what jesus looked like is to say you believe he exsisted ....if you believe this then you have to believe the bible not just part but the whole...i think people a scared of this notion becuz all thruoght the old test. they speak of the hebrews as gods choosen people...i mean he made a covent with abraham promisisng that his people woud be given there promis land.....then jesus shows up abviously a jew..i mean he went into the great temple and made a huge fit that they were making a mockery of his fathers house......breaking many jewish laws that god had set for them and making the house of worship unclean w/ animals and money...and most important not keeping the sabbath day holy.......so he would be the messiah that god had sent the chosen people......when you read the bible you think wow hes talking to me and maybe he is in someway but the original intent was to reteach the jewish people there faith to make them remember the covent they made with god......

he was also rebeling against roman rule and occupation of israel ...land of his people and the promised land.....what better way to start a revelution then proclaiming i am your lord ..i am your messiah.....i am your christ....then to openly rebel against the church officials and then rome....which he knows will lead to crucifixtion and then myrtedom....he died (maybe he did get ressurected.....or maybe it was an elaborit plan by jesus to rally the troops by having his body removed) but his message lived on ....eventually they drove out the romans and reclaimed there land...which would then make him the christ /messiah .......

later on in the new test god says that anyone who stike isreal will be destroyed....we must not forget who wrote the bible and who it was writen for..........also there is mention of another christ this may be jesus or he could just be saying the christ will return.......as christ was sapposed to be the embodyment of god a vessel ...im shure he would return in a different vessel not as jesus but as some else.....but he would still be the messiah either way...

also to those cristians who denounce jewish teachings ..you are also denouncing jesus's ........also his name is not jesus christ ...christ is a title given to him.......

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
i cited the bible as an absolute truth becuz to discuss jesus you must discuss the text....it would be like talking about krsna without the gita...religion without god......

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

lucid lunacy.......
i started this thred on accident...
the cap letters were another mistake i made......

I already said I understood you created this thread by accident and the capslock was an accident (although I don't understand how you didnt notice). I also understand and agree with what you were trying to say about Jesus's ethnicity...which I already said.

if you understood this then why ask the question again

i have stated both of these things all thru out this thread.......this also goes to prove my point....YOU MUST READ THE BEGINNING ALL THE WAY TO THE END TO UNDERSTAND SOMETHING..........you cant come in the middle or end and think youve figured it out......

What the hell are you talking about? I clearly addressed things, and quoted things, you said in the beginning, middle and end of your post. So obviously I read the beginning, middle and end. BTW nice use of the CAPS LOCK again.

this was not meant to you but to everyone reading the thread ....plus you asked above question which led me to beleive you had not read my entire thread ..so I APOLOGIZE for this.....

although if i had not posted this and had not used caps then we would not be here discussing this topic.......so i have no regrets....

If I created a new thread in ALL CAPS I would always regret it because I know that translates to screaming at the readers.

i still have no regrets............

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join