It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Was Not Black

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by plague
Jesus never actually spoke of what race he was.......which is becuz he was with other hebrews therefore did not need to bother telling them hey im a hebrew...i mean do you go around and tell everyone what race you are ...probably not becuz people already know when they see you....and i think that if he had been anything other than hebrew they would have wrote about it.......

I think you need to get your facts together and get some historical books, and information books including the bible and sit down and read.

Seems that your information is coming from somebody that is interpreting the scriptures for you and at the same time is behind some agenda.

You seem very confuse, perhaps some of our more knowable Christian scholars may be of some help for this member.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Just want to throw in you've said some good things on this thread Marg, very helpful and fair I think.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I think you need to get your facts together and get some historical books, and information books including the bible and sit down and read.

actually i do read the bible and i do not recall anywhere that jesus stated his race...there is no one interpeting the scriptures for me (unlike many of the new "christian" backed bibles that are interpeted .....the one i read from is straight translated from greek/latin/hebrew to english..i know that some of the lines do not interpet correctly when translated but i am smart enough to understand the jist............so know if you can send me a passage that states of jesus ever stating what he was other than the messiah, or further eveidence to show me that the 12 tribes did not reside from the land of israel/jacob ....but i dont think you can...........

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Uh...Who cares? If Jesus turns out to be black, does that mean other races are no longer part of that whole salvation deal? If he turns out to be white, does that mean blacks are not considered part of the "whole world" that God loves? Are we really so concerned with the amount of melanin in Christ's skin becuase it will impact His message?

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
why do most people including christians speak of the word but then discount the teaching of the bible????????

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   

why do most people including christians speak of the word but then discount the teaching of the bible????????

Where in the NT does it teach that skin color is an issue?

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a quote from someone (though the author's name eludes me)

"if triangles created a god, it would have 3 sides"

any questions?

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Popular Mechanics did an article a while back on what Jesus would've really looked like. www.popularmechanics.com...

There is also an old thread where this has already been beaten to death:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I have, but we'll get to that in a minute.

actually i do read the bible and i do not recall anywhere that jesus stated his race...

Amen.

there is no one interpeting the scriptures for me (unlike many of the new "christian" backed bibles that are interpeted .....the one i read from is straight translated from greek/latin/hebrew to english..i know that some of the lines do not interpet correctly when translated but i am smart enough to understand the jist............so know if you can send me a passage that states of jesus ever stating what he was other than the messiah,

BINGO! You hit the nail right on the head
. That was my question, what did Jesus say he was? He says he is the Son of God. Sent to die for our sins and rise again to pay for our sins, and hold for us a place in heaven for those who believe in and trust in him. That's who he was. That's who he wants us to know him as. That's also all that is important to us.

or further eveidence to show me that the 12 tribes did not reside from the land of israel/jacob ....but i dont think you can...........

You're right, I can't.

[edit on 7-12-2005 by saint4God]

link   

Simple. unlike you most do not take the bible literally.

It is said that it took 1600 years to write the bible that means there were many many who wrote it. No one and I mean no one can possibly tell what is fact and what is fiction.

Take Noah as an example the bible says he was roughly 500 years old, yet anyone in their right mind knows it is impossible to live that long.

Do you get the drift??? Never take everything in the bible as fact, you will only end up looking like a fool.

I think as marg pointed out you have an agenda here, nothing more. You can no more prove Jesus was White then I can prove he was black.

Just where are you going with this, is what I want to know?

link   

Originally posted by junglejake

Where in the NT does it teach that skin color is an issue?

it does not and you have missed my point. the whole piont of the post in general was to react to a statement made that said jesus and god where black and the 12 tribes came from africa.......in the "OT" it states where the tribes came from ...to understand what race jesus was you must trace it back to the "OT" which is hebrew....i am a white guy (irish/german) the argument for jesus not being black does nothing to benifit my position in getting to heaven.....tell you the honest truth i believe he was a prophet sent from god........yes as i have stated numerous times "IT IS THE MESSAGE NOT THE COLOR" but to go around stating that he or the tribes are anything but hebrew( or jewish if you wish) is absurd......

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
a quote from someone (though the author's name eludes me)

"if triangles created a god, it would have 3 sides"

any questions?

Yes. Are triangles alive? Who created triangles?

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
We shouldn't sit here and care what "color" he was, he could be GREEN for all I care. We are very blessed that we had a loving GOD/Savior to come save us from OURSELVES!

Who cares what color he was!

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   

tell you the honest truth i believe he was a prophet sent from god

What source are you using for this?

........yes as i have stated numerous times "IT IS THE MESSAGE NOT THE COLOR"

What was his message plague?

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
From all the arguments I've read (anthropological and socialogical - not theological), the root of this confusion and arguments stems from statements in the OT that say something about "G-d created man in his own image". So, naturally, if you are black, you think that means G-d was black. If you are Asian, you think that means G-d must have physical charateristics similar to your own. Now, how this trickles down into the physical characteristics of Jesus, I can't remember. Maybe it's because we think sons tend to look like their fathers.

Mixing anthropology and theology is both dangerous and unavoidable.

BTW - I loved the "triangle analogy" - it fits perfectly!

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

tell you the honest truth i believe he was a prophet sent from god

What source are you using for this?

........yes as i have stated numerous times "IT IS THE MESSAGE NOT THE COLOR"

What was his message plague?

lets see his message was that we need to honer the scriptures of god ( you know the old testament) ...that god blesses and condems...that even the sinful and less fortunate need ,deserve and will recieve god...that his followers will go to the promised land to reside next to the lord automatically....and most importantly he spoke that material and money are the trappings of the romans not his people (which i would make an educated guess that hes talking about the hebrews) ...

as for the prophet it is something i have come up with on my own.....but as you can plainly read i said that it was something i believe not something that i would consider a fact>>>>>>>>>>>

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I remember In the bible saying he had feet of Bronze and hair like wool, for people who like to throw around bible facts do your research it is what it is.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
bronze not black...and im shure dew to there habitat that there hair was like wool......

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   

lets see his message was that we need to honer the scriptures of god ( you know the old testament) ...that god blesses and condems...that even the sinful and less fortunate need ,deserve and will recieve god...

It says the sinful will receive God? Can you elaborate?

that his followers will go to the promised land to reside next to the lord automatically....and most importantly he spoke that material and money are the trappings of the romans not his people (which i would make an educated guess that hes talking about the hebrews) ...

as for the prophet it is something i have come up with on my own.....but as you can plainly read i said that it was something i believe not something that i would consider a fact>>>>>>>>>>>

What does John 3:3 - 21 say?

[edit on 7-12-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The race You call "Black" Their Skin isn't literally Black It's brown right???
So In the general public when you see a person with darker than fair or olive skin what is the general perception of that person's origin. Black Right? And in the middle east look at their hair texture it is silky similar to a hispanic man's hair, I've been to that region of the world various times so I would Know. Wool more likely describes a black man's hair.
There Is a difference.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join