It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Was Not Black

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I'd be very interested in seeing where there is a description of Jesus in the Old Testament!

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
i'm going to take this a step further

Jesus could not have been black because he never existed, now if you want to debate that, go to a different thread.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
Jesus could not have been black because he never existed, now if you want to debate that, go to a different thread.

It is well documented by non-Christian sources and is on record that he existed, even that he was crucified. One would have to deny an unbiased history to make such a claim.

[edit on 15-12-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   

... his name was Yehoshua-ben-Panders, the name given to him by God, whose name is Yahweh.

The name Yehoshua-ben-Panders was not given to him by Father Yahweh. The name he was given by Father Yahweh was Yahshua. I believe the name you are giving reference to is Yeshua Ben Pantera which means 'son of the panther'. If I remember right, this name was given to him by those who did not believe that he was the prophecied Messiah and that he was not born of a virgin, but that he was the illegitimate son of a Roman soldier named Pantera. Please Google the name 'Yeshua Ben Pantera' for more accurate information.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by zappafan1

You are correct, he was not black.... but the Old Testament (much more accurate than the Bible/New testament) describes Him as (paraphrased) dark skinned, with tightly woven or, curly, hair.

There is no description of Jesus in the Old Testament because the Old Testament is older then Jesus of Nazareth.

Also, his name is Yehoshua-ben-Panders, the name given to him by God, whose name is Yahweh. Thus, praying to Jesus or God is akin to praying to false gods/deitys.

What makes you think Yehoshua and Jesus of Nazareth is the same person?

[edit on 043131p://15u35 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
another sidebar:

The "Jesus of Nazareth" monikor is quite likely a mistranslation as place called Nazareth was merely a burial ground - not a town. No Jews would have lived there.

Were Nazarene and Nazorean synonymous? It looks like from Acts 24:5 and Matt. 26:71 + Mark 14:69 that Nazorean is the name of a group or sect. Jewish Christians continued to call themselves Nazoreans (so Jerome), as well as remnants of followers of John the Baptist (the Mandeans). On the other hand, Nazarene apparently indicates a person from Nazaret(h).
Stephen C. Carlson, Wednesday, November 12, 2003

OK, this has nothing to do with skin color but, it was worth noting that people should really stop using that term. If you are Christian, it's better to stick with "Jesus Christ" - of course, the man's name was not really "Jesus" either but, we've covered that one.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The Messiah's Hebrew Name is "Yeshua" and not "Yahshua" or "Jesus" according to this linguist:

www.yashanet.com...

The process from "Yehoshua" to "Jesus" looks like this:

Hebrew Yehoshua à Hebrew Yeshua

Hebrew Yeshua à Greek Yesous

Greek Yesous à English Jesus

Okay so "Jesus" was actually called Yeshua by fellow Hebrews of his time. The Old Testament or "Tankah" mentions "Yehoshua, Yeshua" so does this mean Jesus (Yeshua) is actually as old/older as the Old Testament? I hope that made sense.

[edit on 053131p://15u52 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Jesus was a Semite Jew. He was from Nazarath and grew up around Lake Gallee. Which is all modern day Palastine. Jesus looked like a Palastinian

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
The Messiah's Hebrew Name is "Yeshua" and not "Yahshua" or "Jesus" according to this linguist:

www.yashanet.com...

The process from "Yehoshua" to "Jesus" looks like this:

Hebrew Yehoshua à Hebrew Yeshua

Hebrew Yeshua à Greek Yesous

Greek Yesous à English Jesus

Okay so "Jesus" was actually called Yeshua by fellow Hebrews of his time. The Old Testament or "Tankah" mentions "Yehoshua, Yeshua" so does this mean Jesus (Yeshua) is actually as old/older as the Old Testament? I hope that made sense.

[edit on 053131p://15u52 by Lucid Lunacy]

We all know that linguist are inspired!

How the name YEHshua (or Yehoshua) and JEHovah came about is becuase of the Jews disuse of the name of our Heavenly Father and Creator Yahweh. Note that Dr. Daniel Botkin is a Messianic Jew and chooses to follow in the tradition of the Jews in not pronouning the Name Yahweh. YAHshua means 'Yahweh is Redeemer' and the name YEHshua ( or YEHoshua) simply means 'he is redeemer'. Note that this name YEHshua does not designate who our Supreme redeemer is and that the name YAHshua does. That is why YAHshua said I come in my Father's Name and you receive me not, but if another comes in his own name him you will receive (John 5:43). The name YEHshua was a common Hebrew name when YAHshua was here on earth, but His name YAHshua was forbidden to speak (Acts 4:17).

Names should be transliterated, not translated, especially if the name is to be set apart (holy, sacred). Our Heavenly Father and Creator's Name is the only Name that is to be set apart from all other names. The name of our Heavenly Father Yahweh is integrated as a suffix into many names in Scripture such as JeremYAH, ZecharYAH, ZephanYAH, and etc. In the Name Yahshua His Name is prefixed. The closest transliteration of this name in English used in the K.J.V. is 'Joshua'.

The name Jesus is a translation, not a transliteration. Just as the 'iah' (YAH) is prefixed and suffixed in Hebrew names to signifiy the Name Yahweh, in this same manner the 'sus' is suffixed in Greek names to signify the name Zeus. Note that in Spanish the name Jesus is pronounced heh - SOOS' (ZEUS). Note also that the name Jesus is pronounced Je - ZUS. Zeus is not redeemer, Father Yahweh is! Praise Yahweh!

Give unto Yahweh the esteem (glory0 due unto His Name!

The Name Yahweh

Jesus?

[edit on 12/19/05 by Frank4YAHWEH]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Ill just say Jesus was not White, no being born in the middle east, studing there and egypt, bronze skin hair like wool, unless he had a white man afro

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Jesus is neither black, white, yellow, red, etc. He is described as a man, yet fully God incarnate. The son of man, yet the Son of God. He gave his life for the black man and the white man alike. If Jesus was a purple man I would still worship Him as my Lord and Savior. It's not the color of a man that counts but the content of his heart that counts (I heard this somewhere before). What is Jesus? Jesus is Lord.

Fromabove

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
Jesus is neither black, white, yellow, red, etc. He is described as a man, yet fully God incarnate. The son of man, yet the Son of God. He gave his life for the black man and the white man alike. If Jesus was a purple man I would still worship Him as my Lord and Savior. It's not the color of a man that counts but the content of his heart that counts (I heard this somewhere before). What is Jesus? Jesus is Lord.

Fromabove

i agree jesus IS not any color NOW.... but he was of hebrew or middle eatsern decent.......we were not discussing his teachings or wether he was god or not...as the thread insist we are talking about his liniege/race/color......so why would you post on a thread about his color and say that his color doesnt matter???? lets keep to the subject...

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Afros are the only hair I have felt that feels like wool. He was likely dark enough that he would have had trouble getting a cup of coffee in the SE US in the fifties, but I would guess that if he did exist, he was middle eastern in appearance. As a kid I had a t shirt with him on it, and he had blonde hair....... I never questioned it then. Now I doubt that was true.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Geez, how long can this argument go on?

He was TAN, ok TAN....sometimes dark, and sometimes light..
Kinda like me, but no relation.

I also reiterate..
JC was PEOPLE!! PEOPLE!! I tell ya.

SOylent green,
little white wafers on Sundday...what is the importance of all this racism?

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 04:18 AM
link   
He was olive skinned.Full stop.Thats what all people of hebrew descent (like me) look like. Jesus was a jew.Hehad olive sking.Get over it.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

It is well documented by non-Christian sources and is on record that he existed, even that he was crucified. One would have to deny an unbiased history to make such a claim.

[edit on 15-12-2005 by saint4God]

True, but no reliable sorces show he was Jesus Christ, only that he was a preacher boy.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by noisy_brit_kid
True, but no reliable sorces show he was Jesus Christ, only that he was a preacher boy.

Actually there is (multiple), but it seems you already have an opinion on what reliable is.

[edit on 23-12-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Geez, how long can this argument go on?

He was TAN, ok TAN....sometimes dark, and sometimes light..
Kinda like me, but no relation.

I also reiterate..
JC was PEOPLE!! PEOPLE!! I tell ya.

SOylent green,
little white wafers on Sundday...what is the importance of all this racism?

where is the racism in any of this....no where has anyone on this thread including me has said anything demeening to jesus.....as i have stated before (you would know if you read the whole thread) someone else posted that jesus was black and the 12 tribes came from africa......i simply started this post (on accident i meant to replie only) to say that no he was hebrew and that the tribes came from the land of canaan...no racism.....

wow we progressed so little since the 50s.....i mean you cant even discuss some ones color with out being called racist...hey everyone is a shade of something you cant denie that......when the world finally excepts that we are all different colors and that its ok to acknowledge it we will all be much better off..........hey who knows maybe we can erradicate racism by embracing that were all difrferent colors......oh yea the only people who can say "i dont see color i see only gray" are those among us that are color blind....

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
if its one thing jesus taught us..its that its whats on the inside that really matters...i dont care if jesus was purple...it doesnt change the message he was trying to give..btw he was not the only son of god...he was LIKE god..we are all sons & daughters of god..because god is inside us..and we can all be LIKE god..and all you have to do is live your life..there is no HELL waiting for you at the end of the road!

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagicPriest420
there is no HELL waiting for you at the end of the road!

Jesus disagrees with you.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join