It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Very Weird??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
The Britney Spears thing was something I've not heard of, although it's defenitely worth checking out. Do you remember which portion of the song it was in?

I've got an mp3 editing program, if someone remembers which part of the song it's on I'll gladly splice it down into a backwards clip and post it on here just for giggles.

Here is my opinion on what that may be... As much as I dislike Britney Spears, my disdain for her's and others' pop music isn't enough to lead me to start spreading a rumor about a mysterious saying appearing in her lyrics if you play them backwards. It probably was enough for someone else to spread that rumor though. You play a song backwards enough times, with the idea of hearing something in your head, and you'll eventually start to hear it.

Especially the "sleep with me I'm not too young." I'd have to hear this before I could make an accurate assumption, but I would be willing to wager that this is a relatively inaudible phrase on it's own. However, if someone wants to hear "sleep with me I'm not too young" they could probably hear it. Someone out there probably wanted to rib on Mrs. Spears' promiscuity, and henceforth, the rumor.

If someone played the track for you without telling you what you were supposed to hear, you would probably hear nothing. However, if the phrase was already keyed in your mind, your mind subconsciously would be qued to fill in the gaps quicker and thus you would probably hear it.

You brought up the possibility of someone with a gifted ear and sound knowledge could theoretically be creative enough to come up with a piece of lyric that could be played backwards to create the mysterious message.

That's not a bad idea, and I'm not saying you are wrong at all. I'm sure somebody, somewhere, could probably come up with something.

Take this into consideration though...

When record labels go to record an album, they spend a LOT of money freeing up studio time, booking producers, techs, and all of the other people that it takes to run a recording studio. Plus the artist's time. Studios alone are expensive as all heck to book. Every minute they spend in a recording studio, thousands of dollars are going out the window.

Now, take into consideration that most artists (using that term loosely in Mrs. Spears' case but nonetheless) tend to sing their songs slightly different each time they sing. So, you would have to have Britney rerecord the song over and over until it was just perfect in the exact right pitch, tone, and duration as to produce the desired backwards message.

I honestly doubt that the money hungry record labels are going to be willing to blow a few day's worth of time/cash on getting a mysterious message to be played backwards into a track.

As always, that's just my opinion though...

On that note:

Sometimes, I think conspiracies like these are actually spread by the recording industries themselves. Even if they didn't intentionally put the message in there, all it would take is for someone to decide that interest had faded a bit in the song and then they could place a mole somewhere on the Net or something and have them start spreading the rumor.

It's not unlike when the movie Three Men and a Baby was rereleased on video. This was right around the time that a rumor spread about there being an actual ghost captured on the film! A lot of people thought the company spread the rumor themselves, as to generate interest in the film and generate some fresh buys. The reality was, it wasn't a ghost at all, but rather a cardboard cutout of Ted Danson stuck behind a curtain that created a spooky looking shadow.

You can read about that whole story by clicking here...

anyways... that's my take.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
sorry to bother but does anyone have anything on backwards nine inch nails?its important to me.....

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
BRITNEY SPEARS BACKWARDS MESSAGE

Well here it is... enjoy. I just had to know for myself:

The song: Britney Spears - Hit Me Baby One More Time
The clip: when I'm not with you I lose my mind/give me a sign
The reverse: ??sleep with me, I'm not too young??

What I've done is edit out the clip, down to a downloadable .wav file that is only about 7 seconds long. What you'll hear is the clip in forwards, a second of silence, and then the same clip in reverse. You be the judge

I edited using Audacity, the very free, very easy to use, and very nice audio editing program.

audacity.sourceforge.net...

I did absolutely nothing to the tone/pitch of this clip. It's played in forwards, then in reverse.

I have to admit... as much of a skeptic as I am on this whole deal... this is darn peculiar, indeed.

Do a Right Mouse Click and Save Target As: a61821.tripod.com...

Enjoy.

[edit on 12-12-2005 by AJStein]

[edit on 12-12-2005 by AJStein]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
you know its funny how this was britney spears first song/hit
and then she goes on to make lots of albums?
i believe that it wouldnt take much to study the art of backwards vocal
manipulation.Our brains are wired in ways that we barely understand
it is so possible that we know subconciously what is being said in both directions.very interesting is that my simple fruity loops program has such utilities that even a child would be able to do extensive studies on such
mind control.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
THE PLOT THICKENS...

www.reversespeech.com...

Even more spooky backwards music messages for your amusement.

Some of these are really creepy, and I'm starting to recant on my notion that it's all a myth!

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
A few years back in the USA when Tipper Gore and the rest of the politically correct headbangers were trying to make a case for banning certain types of lyrics in songs due to their perceived influence on the listener, Frank Zappa was moved to stand up in defence of Free Speech and successfully argued that if song lyrics influenced anyone at all we would live in a near perfect world of love, peace and understanding as that is what 90% of song lyrics were about.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Ok i admit I was one who tried it. back in the late 60's and early 70's it was a big thing that whole paul is dead stuff. some friends and i tried it and geuss what? we not only needed to now go by a new copy of the album but a new needle as well. we didnt have fancy software just vinyl and a record player. the only voices i heard was everyone complaining that they now had to fork out more cash.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join