It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economic Boom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
According to just released figures, the U.s. economy is booming.

article

Excerpt:
"The momentum of growth has been very strong," said Nariman Behravesh, chief economist at Global Insight in Lexington, Mass. "This suggests that growth in the fourth quarter of this year and early next year will remain robust."

The Commerce Department said that demand for manufactured goods rose by 2.2 percent to a seasonally adjusted $399.8 billion in October, erasing a 1.4 percent September decline when demand was jolted by the hurricanes, a strike at aircraft giant Boeing and a jump in energy costs.

The October increase was in line with economists' expectations. Orders for durable goods, items expected to last three or more years, increased by 3.7 percent while demand for nondurable goods rose by 0.5 percent.

Meanwhile, the Labor Department reported that the productivity of American workers shot up at an annual rate of 4.7 percent in the July- September quarter, the best showing in two years. The new figure was revised upward from an initial estimate of 4.1 percent growth in productivity.

The big jump in worker efficiency helped to push labor costs down by 1 percent at an annual rate in third quarter, double the 0.5 percent drop in unit labor costs that had originally been reported. The stronger productivity and falling labor costs should help ease fears at the Federal Reserve that overall inflation was on the verge of worsening because of rising wage pressures.

But the democrats and all their minions in the media and here on ATS have been telling us ever since Bush was elected that the economy was in bad shape and getting worse due to Bush's economic policies.

Wrong (again!).

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I'm just wondering.........

what would the unemployment rate be at if all the guardsmen were to come home tomorrow? I mean, they all left jobs, and I am pretty sure that their bosses really couldn't wait until they came back for the work they were doing to get done. More than likely they hired someone to do that job, even if it was on a temporary basis....so, if they were to all come back, seems reasonable that the unemployment rate would happen to go up a tad, wouldn't it???

how much intentional and unintentional manipulation like this is going on to give us the illusion that our economy is thriving? credit card debt, which enables the masses to spend more money than they bring in?
inflated housing values, giving people inflated net worths that they can borrow on?a war effort that is pumping alot of money into the defense industry, aid to new orleans and other natural disasters, perscription drug plans, .....which of course, the government is borrowing from the eternal money tree that grows in that top secret location......

I don't know, I am not saying that they economy is booming, ain't saying that it isn't......just that I think that there's so much manipulation of it going on, by the government, by the speculators, and by us if we've borrowed out the yinyang to get all this nice crap we wanted from China and such places.......which well, let's take a glance at the national debt....

you sure we all just didn't decide awhile back that we just didn't like the state our economy was in and well, created this nice illusionary one to take it's place??

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I guess they forgot to add that it don't apply to every place in American.

La-la land is a place where everything is possible and can look good in papers as long as you don't go asking working American how bad they are making it with their salaries.

I bet they by pass my neck of the wood, we lost one major job maker in our city to Mexico and now another big Pharmaceutical Merck will close next year.

Yes I bet these unemployed and soon to be unemploed in my neckwoods are waiting to see what Bush economy busting is going to bring them.

Yes la-la land is a place that only the government can see but hard working americans in small towns in American are still looking for it.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The current administration has a pretty poor record in the "truth" catagory.
It wouldn't suprise me for them to cook the books ala Enron on a national level.

Another thing, If your debt exceeds by a factor of 50 your income, it's hard to call that an booming economy. It won't work on a personal level, explain to me how it works on a national level. Oh, I forgot, just print more money. That will fix it!!

The economy is booming for the Halliburtons' of the world, but for the small entrepenureals like myself, the tax burden and regulations are oppressive. I became a republican because I thought they were the party for small business; I was wrong!

top topics

join