It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is PTS the "bastard" child of ATS/BTS?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
OK...so the question is....how can Political Top Secret be promoted to become, at least marginally, more popular?

I believe that ATS/BTS needs to promote PTS more on their respective sites and raise awareness. Many people are "creatures of habit" and, right now, PTS is not a "habit".

Secondly, a period of incentives might be worthwhile to help give PTS a "kickstart". Incentives could be anything from a new tag, much like an ATSNN submitter -- i.e., "a political animal" etc. or even a period where there are bonus points awarded to those who start new threads to PTS or who respond to those threads and make a post.

Finally, Mods will need to be more proactive in order to Vet ATS and BTS of threads that would be more appropriate in PTS.

Any other suggestions?

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Why don't they put it all in one place????

Move this forum over to PTS so that all of politics is in one place, and when something pops up in BTS's "Global News" or "US News" that is political, move it. After a while, people will know where to go for politics, but the staff is going to have to pull together with one voice.
"Politics is reserved for PTS."
And that would include not only US politics, (that seems dominant in PTS), but all political discussion gets move to PTS.

This might bring a more diverse voice to a part of the boards that only draw a limited numbers of members. Who knows, having the political conspiracists mixed in with the hard core politico groupies, it might add a whole new flavour to PTS.

It would be interesting to see the traffic stats on the different boards if anyone has them, ATS/BTS/PTS/ATSNN etc............

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
ATS' bastard child, roflmao.

I don't know about others, but I steer clear of PTS because I'm afraid I'll get myself banned. I have this Incredible Hulk thing going, and factored in with my X-chromosomes...

Political thing have a tendency to piss me off, and I find it far too much troublw to restrain myself when posting

--Kit.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Politics is mainstream discourse and probably the most prolific on-going dialogue on the Internet with countless dedicated haunts catering exclusively to the well read, hard nosed wonk.

In those places conspiracy theorists are weirdos and immediately dismissed. That is assuming the average "bonesman live in my closet and it's all run by Reptilians anyway" conspiracy enthusiasts would even lower themselves to join a discussion on current events, much less vote, since after all, it is all run by Reptilians.

So yes, PTS is the bastard child of ATS/BTS. A subset of the community under a conspiracy umbrella. It's not "dead" at all. It's just "cozy."

Just enjoy the fact people that actually know what they're talking about don't come ruin all the fun. I'll wrap an extra layer of tinfoil around the perimeter now to keep them out.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Great thread Benevolent Tyrant.
I'm sort of a political creature myself and am disturbed by the polarized nature of PTS. I love PTS in fact I'm there even more than I'm on ATS. I'm not sure of how to address the problem but if I find an answer I'll be sure to share and also claim my title as savior of western civilization.

[edit on 7-12-2005 by danwild6]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I think the problem with PTS is the limteds humans place on there thinking.
Remember when Columbus tried to prove that the earth wasnt flat?
Well due to the limteds people placed on there thinking Columbus couldnt possible be rigtht could he?
Currently members that post on PTS continue to place limteds on there thinking.
The way foward for humanity is to deal with facts rather then petty ideologies.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Actually, RANT, I'm sorry. You're right...PTS isn't dead, it IS cozy...

...cozy like the inside of a coffin. BWAHAHAHAHA!!

Now, back to Reptiloid Resistance Command Central. Say NO to the cold-blooded, fork-tongued, snake-eyed dinosaurs of partisan politics.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
PTS is the lame child of ATS,

I have always seen the BTS Religion forum as such.
It's a dark evil place ... yet serves a great purpose -
to keep the 'holier than thou' rhetoric away from
real discussions.

PTS may be rather quiet, but I think that's because
there are no big election discussions going on.

Wait until the primaries and the Ohio Caucus' heat
up. THEN there will be plenty to banter with.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
There is nobody more "Holier Than Thou" than a politics sports fan.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Oh TC. I wonder just who you are referring to?
hmmm?

Actually, the BTS Religion forum has been MUCH
better these days. It has quieted down a lot
and is MUCH more civil. Two (nameless) individuals
were banned and that seemed to do the trick.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitsunegari

I don't know about others, but I steer clear of PTS because I'm afraid I'll get myself banned.

--Kit.

Well this is definitely a reason why people don't go to PTS. But isn't this a preconceived notion? I would think that one could get banned just as easily on ATS or, for that matter, BTS. There are certain guidelines that must be followed.

But one thing that has NOT been addressed are suggestions as to what can be done to help PTS going -- really going.

Again, I suggested incentives; increased points for starting and responding to threads (at least for a brief defined time period)

Promotion of PTS on ATS and BTS -- just to remind people that there is another place to go.

And more importantly -- perhaps the most important suggestion of all -- mods will have to be more proactive and move political threads that they find on ATS and BTS to Political Top Secret.

But, and I again address everyone to respond to this point, what concrete actions would you suggest to make PTS more accessible, less intimidating and a destination in itself.?

Incidentally, the reason that I even started this thread is because one of my threads was moved from ATS to PTS. When this happened, all I could do was groan because I knew that by being on PTS, my thread would not be viewed or garner responses. And you know what, it didn't. So I started to look at PTS and I realized that people do have a lot of misconceptions about PTS. For the most part PTS is viewed as a sort of ATSNN where more scholarship is demanded. They couldn't be further from the truth.

PTS is about news, sure. But PTS is also about opinion just like ATS and BTS. And just like ATS/BTS, Political Top Secret is about defending your opinion or, simply discussing those opinions -- respectfully.

If I said, for example, that I supported GW BUSH and his war in Iraq, it's my opinion. I would suggest people to respond to this with their own opinions. I would expect people to ask me questions and to challenge my views and thought process'. That's it! How hard can that be? We all do it all the time on ATS and BTS.

I think our counselors are doing a fine job. PTS forums have been revamped and made to be more accessible but, perhaps, there is still more work to be done.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
PTS is WIDE OPEN short of calling a fellow member a terrible name or insulting fellow members...

It's the HARDEST place to get banned of all the ATS affiliates.

GOT IT?!

Springer...

[edit on 12-7-2005 by Springer]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
OK...so the question is....how can Political Top Secret be promoted to become, at least marginally, more popular?

Well, that simple really, just wait for the elections to come and then you'll see PTS filled to the brim.
Another thing, I think the T&C in PTS should be a little more lax and less people be sent off for ever. Its a fiery place where tempers flare and even though its only words, they will do enough harm to people.
Also with people so divided about the world we live in its notsupprising that they go a bit overboard. I think there needs to be a bit more "freedom" on PTS.
[Ironic!]
Also some sort of groups on PTS would be better. Instead of merely liberal or conservist, PTS could make up alternate divisions of political thought.

[edit on 7-12-2005 by IAF101]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
PTS is WIDE OPEN short of calling a fellow member a terrible name or insulting fellow members...

It's the HARDEST place to get banned of all the ATS affiliates.

GOT IT?!

Springer...

[edit on 12-7-2005 by Springer]

Hey Springer, I agree with you entirely. But there is a preconceived notion that DOES seem to exist. And shouting the truth from a Mod's Pulpit won't change this opinion. Something -- something -- needs to be done or else PTS might as well fold and close and that would be a tragic loss.

I would suggest that ATS take a survey and gauge opinions. Of course, it is easily noticed that ATS forums are full, BTS forums are full and PTS forums are, well, not full. In fact, if it wasn't for the Board Business posts (which are placed on all three boards) there often wouldn't be anything there at all (at least not for the most part).

I don't want to take any credit but, in this case I will, but I believe that since this thread began, more people have gone to the PTS site and posted than have done so in quite a while.

What I have been asking is for suggestions which the ATS leadership can use to, perhaps, motivate a site that I, for one, have appreciated. I am simply trying to make a good thing better. You have to admit, something is wrong with PTS and something has to be done to make PTS work. I would be interested in hearing your response to this statement.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Heh, and I just thought I was a thread killer in PTS. Nothing happens much there. Which is a shame cause politics can be interesting.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
heh. To Springer, that's exactly what I'm afraid of, I did say I find it far too much trouble to restrain myself in a post when i get mad. I'm easily excitable, and when i get mad, generally I'm REALLY mad, so...

To benevolant tyrant, maybe it is a preconcieved notion, but not only that, I don't like being mad, so I steer clear.

--Kit.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The only REAL question now that remains is "Am I the bastard child of SPRINGER"?

Here is my picture when I was 16 months old.....HMMMMMM?

D A D D Y .....is that you?

- One Man Short ®

[edit on 8-12-2005 by One Man Short of Manhood]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join