It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry calls U.S. troops terrorists

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
In an interview on "Face the Nation", Kerry said the following:

... and there is no reason, Bob (Schieffer), that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of the customs of the -- of -- of -- of -- historical customs, religious customs, whether you like it or not. Iraqis should be doing that.

What does Kerry mean by this? I see 2 major mistakes in his comments. First, suggesting that U.S. troops are terrorizing innocent Iraqis,and then suggesting that the Iraqis should do that themselves. This sounds disturbingly close to the false accusations he made about U.S. troops during the viet nam war.

Say what you like about Bush's handling of the war. As I've stated before, I am no fan of how it has been done. However, it is soooo obvious that Kerry is clueless and would have been an even worse choice.

--- Liberalism is the easiest, most gutless choice anyone can make. Courage is speaking for freedom while facing tyranny, not speaking for tyranny while living in freedom.

[edit on 12/6/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
AMEN!!! I'm not thrilled with what Bush has done, but at the same time, I paid attention to some of the things Kerry was saying when he was debating Bush and needless to say, I was not impressed. He was one of those guys that promises Thomas' but can't even cook toast!!

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   

young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women...Iraqis should be doing that.

Gee! I wonder how he got the "flip-flopper" nick name? This is just like him saying "I actually did vote for the $87 billion before I voted against it." Honestly, this guy is an idiot. I love these shows like "Face the Nation". People are more relaxed and casual on them and tend to say exactly what's on their mind. Unfortunately for Kerry, it's a confused mind. One thing he isn't confused about is his attitude towards American troops. He's not even criticizing the Bush administration here. He's specifically slamming the individual soldier out there that's just doing their job.

I was listening to a popular radio show this morning and a caller called in and said "Hey I'm one of those troops that was just labeled a terrorist. Most of the time we didn't even wake up the people. We just went in and made sure there weren't any extra guest hiding out with a weapons cache."

Has John Kerry even been to Iraq lately? Why is it that the Democrats that have, such as Lieberman, tend to have a different point of view of the war than the Boxer, Kennedy, Kerry group does? They are so uninformed.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
If troops were breaking into my home I think I would experience "terror", I think this is what he is trying to say. Not calling our military personel "terrorists".

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
This sounds disturbingly close to the false accusations he made about U.S. troops during the viet nam war.

Yep, and this time he's partially responsible for sending them there.

He sends them there to do a job, then he complains they are doing it.

The Swift Boat Veterans for Truth had this guy nailed spot on. He's a snake.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Its all a technicality. I sumize that he meant terror-izing...as in causing mental anguish to women,old people and children.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Its all a technicality. I sumize that he meant terror-izing...as in causing mental anguish to women,old people and children.

My, my, that was a weak attempt at a defense for your 'home boy' Kerry.

Truth is that dbates' post got it exactly right. Kerry has a pathological dislike of U.S. troops and it leaks out from time to time. The swift boat guys have Kerry nailed cold. Viet Nam traitor Kerry = today's Kerry. And to think this country came as close as it did to electing this spineless liar. Even scarier is that democrats felt that Kerry was the best they had to offer.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
While PTS Is Wide Open For Business, the Terms & Conditions are still to be abided by, specifically in regards to personal attacks.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6/12/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
So wait...

If I have a gun, along with four of my friends and run into your house, pointing the gun at you and search the house this wouldn't terrorise you?

By definition alone, that looks like a form of terrorizing the population. However, I assume the dictionary has joined forces with the left?

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
I was listening to a popular radio show this morning and a caller called in and said "Hey I'm one of those troops that was just labeled a terrorist. Most of the time we didn't even wake up the people. We just went in and made sure there weren't any extra guest hiding out with a weapons cache."

What?

That's good?

They go into their house, they do not wake them up, probably have to break a door down and search around the place.

My gosh, I wish they legally could do that in the United Kingdom. I live for the day the Police and Army start doing that - boy, I'll feel safe.

P.S: Kerry is my home-boy.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
So you think our troops should gently knock on the door, and ask for permission to raid a house? Maybe submit a written request, a week in advance? Is that how you think we should search house in Iraq?

Or should we kick the door down fast and furious?

And when we do kick that door in, and you are a little girl or an old woman in the middle of the night, wouldn't you be frightened, terrified?

Maybe the title of this post should be "Kerry uses a transitive verb".

Iraqis should doing that.

By the way, I agree. Iraqis should be trained, so the US can leave. Hearts and minds will be won, when the Iraqis are doing it themselves. Iraqis forces, your own people, will be more acceptable to Iraqis, than foreigners knocking down your door.

[edit on 6-12-2005 by curme]

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
So wait...

If I have a gun, along with four of my friends and run into your house, pointing the gun at you and search the house this wouldn't terrorise you?

By definition alone, that looks like a form of terrorizing the population. However, I assume the dictionary has joined forces with the left?

Except you are forgetting this is a war zone. The rules of engagement in Iraq are necessarily quite different than they are for police in momandpopsville, U.S.A. - and quite rightly so. Please stop trying to make a comparison as if it was happening to someone here in the U.S.

Oh, and for Bouttime:

CBS News Transcript

I report, you decide ...

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Eh, you should all get over yourselves. I'm in a Sociology class with a GI who returned from Iraq a few months ago and he made reference, in class, to what types of terror tactics that many of our troops are trained to perform.

I'm sure you can all guess as to what he said, look no further than the definition of Terrorism: "The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons." - Dictionary.com

The only way any war has been fought is to terrorize the enemy, as they terrorize us. When have wars ever been about being "nice"? Wars are not pretty, nor are any of them truly "moral." How the hell do you fight a "moral" war? "Morality" is subjective.

The word "terrorism", like the word "morality," is subjective as well. I could actually put quite a few mainstream religious groups into the terrorism category. "Believe what we believe or burn in hell for eternity." That sounds like a threat to me.

Anyways, wars are not black and white - they are made of many shades of gray. And personally, I think the majority of politicians in this world are worse than any back hills extremist.

Power corrupts absolutely.

[edit on 12-6-2005 by EmbryonicEssence]

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

My, my, that was a weak attempt at a defense for your 'home boy' Kerry.

maybe. I am not apologizing for the man. He's a spineless jellyfish who ran as Bush's opponent (not really, it was a sham) and with all his millions and all his lawyers, did not have the you know whats to fight for recounts or investigate alledged
voting problems.
Another Skull & Boner.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   
hint: it has everything to do with a "quote" being pulled out of the blue incompletely and without any link to the actual text, and a mod thinking I'm baiting for calling it out.

My question still stands: how is this crap not in Slugfest!? No link, hearsay and all about a masterful baiting!?

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Oh, and for Bouttime:

CBS News Transcript

As for a link he posted a link to the entire transcript of the show. The quote he mentioned is on page 5 at the top.

EDIT: That is page 5 of the pdf and numbered page 4 on the transcript.

[edit on 7-12-2005 by dbates]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Through lots of painstaking research, re-creations of certain scenarios, simulations, psychological dissection, family and friend interviews, forensic science, and satellite technology, only one conclusion can be made:

John Kerry is an idiot.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   

This sounds disturbingly close to the false accusations he
made about U.S. troops during the viet nam war.

YEP. He's 'Winter Soldiering' our troops in Iraq. He's doing it
all over again. False accusations. Disgusting anti-American
pro-terrorists rhetoric. Next he'll be hiring actors to fake being
soldiers to make up stories, like he did at those 'Winter Soldier
Investigations'

This guy hasn't changed at all. Still a clueless anti-American idiot.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   

What does Kerry mean by this?

I think he means exactly what he said. Why must you look beyond what he says to try and inject some kind of sinister 'meaning' into his words?

I agree with Kerry that there is something very wrong about American soldiers bursting into homes in the middle of the night scaring Iraqi people. If these homes need to be searched, then Iraqi forces should be doing it. Where's the ambiguity?

To say that he "called US troops 'terrorists' " (and you know the connotations of that word) is simply sensationalism. We get enough of that on the news every day, don't you agree? The word 'terror' was in use before 9/11 and has other associations besides Osama Bin Laden.

However, it is soooo obvious that Kerry is clueless and would have been an even worse choice.

I don't know how you can predict that, but ok. It's not obvious to me, so that makes your prediction an opinion. I would never have predicted that Bush would screw up so totally as he has, so you may be right there.

--- Liberalism is the easiest, most gutless choice anyone can make. Courage is speaking for freedom while facing tyranny, not speaking for tyranny while living in freedom.

This is meaningless to me. Simply angry words thrown together. I could say the same thing about 'conservatism', or any other ideology. but it would look just as silly.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
Idiotic, stupid - and should not be MOD supported

It's idiotic and stupid to assume that ATS moderators are not allowed to have personal opinions when engaged in a discussion on ATS, and especially here in PTS.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join