It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Town Celebrates 40 Year Old UFO Sighting.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
40 years ago witnesses saw a UFO crash in Philadelphia. The object was described as being metallic with strange markings. This Saturday there will be a day long event to celebrate the anniversary of the crash.

abclocal.go.com

PA Town Celebrates UFO Sighting

A Westmoreland County town is planning to celebrate a purported UFO sighting 40 years ago.
People in several states saw a streaking light on December ninth, 1965, and residents of Kecksburg reported that something had fallen into a wooded area just outside the town.

Some people say they saw a metallic object with strange markings half-buried in the ground.

Shortly afterward, the military showed up and some people reported being ordered to leave at gunpoint.

Authorities later said they found nothing and insisted that people had seen a meteor that likely burned up before impact.

Kecksburg's fire department plans to hold a day-long event Saturday and officials are hoping that people show up for food, T-shirts, ball caps and DVDs for sale.

Rich Comp, co-chairman of the department's newly formed UFO and festival committee says the sighting is something the town can hold onto and the department hopes to cash in on it.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Hopefully ATS members in that area will be able to attend and give us a report

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Umbrax,

Kecksburg is not near Philadelphia. Its close to Pittsburgh in the southwest portion of Pennsylvania. I'm from the region so the "festival" has been in the local news. Below are some links for those not familiar with the Kecksburg Incident:

Kecksburg to mark 40th anniversary of purported UFO crash - This link is from local media and discusses the incident and the 40th aniversary events at the fire hall.
www.signpetition.com...
UFOEvidence
UFO Casebook

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Thanks for the info tonedef

I meant to say Pennsylvania not Philadelphia.
This is not the first time I've mixed up the two
(I'm not American).

tonedef, are you planning on going to the festival?

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Wish I could go, but unfortunately some family issues will prevent it. Hopefully, the local news will have some coverage. The Kecksburg incident is pretty interesting, and I didn't know anything about it until a few years ago when SciFi did a special on it.

No problem with the mix-up. I just didn't want someone in the Philly area wasting time trying to find the place.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Because the rural department played a role that night four decades ago and because it is struggling financially, officials are hoping that a crowd with an interest in reports of flying saucers and aliens shows up with some cash to burn.

www.pittsburghlive.com...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Hey! UFOs created a new economy for Roswell. There's no reason for Kecksburg not to get in on the act.

[edit on 2005/12/6 by GradyPhilpott]

new topics

top topics

join