It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PTS...ATS/BTS's "bastard" child?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Above Top Secret and Below Top Secret are clearly extremely popular. All one need do is look at the number of threads, posts and views that these sites garner. Yet, if one were to look at Political Top Secret, you would see very few new posts by a simple comparison. Why is this?

Perhaps some members consider PTS to be in that "higher realm". That is, some people might consider that PTS, like ATSNN, demands a greater sense of diligence, research and scholastic effort in order to make a post? Viewing ATS and BTS, one can clearly see a number of threads that would be more suited in PTS yet, members seem to shun PTS as if it were some sort of class in esoteric philosophy. What can be done to promote PTS?

Personally, I believe that in order to garner the attention that PTS deserves, some "promotions" should be introduced to "re-introduce" PTS to the membership. What about an increase in points-- both for starting threads and for posts, at least temporarily? Perhaps some "PTS only" contests and/or debates? What do you think?

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
You might like to contact Odium the council person for PTS.

And look at this thread: PTS: What can we do to get you?

Have a nice day

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I was just going through some of the old threads that I started. I like to do that on occasion to catch up on any replies that I might have missed when the threads were "active". That's when I came face to face with this one. I started this thread nearly a year and a half ago. The question that I posed then is still pertinent today.

Is PTS the Bastard Child of Above Top Secret?

Just look at the PTS forum. As it stands, if I want to read all of the latest Board Business and Questions, this is the place to come. But where are the questions that genuinely pertain to Politics? Where are the breaking news stories from Europe, Canada or Asia or the questions that arise from these areas?

I know that I have tried to start a number of threads on PTS but, frankly, they have simply disappeared.....often without much notice or reply. Considering that most people on ATS/BTS/PTS are people who "think", "have opinions" and who want to develop dialogue, PTS could be considered a waste of time.

What can be done about this valuable Forum? Perhaps Mods could begin to redirect some threads to this Forum when appropriate? Perhaps, for a limited period, more points could be awarded to those who begin or reply to threads started on PTS. Or, perhaps we could all be given a reminder that PTS even exists on banner ads? Of course, we could simply let PTS remain as it is.....a place to go to get all the recent Board Questions in one spot? After all, that's pretty convenient.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Well I personally visit all three regularly just because they're there. PTS certainly is the least popular. ATS is for conspiracies, BTS is for non-conspiracies, and PTS is for political discussions. It is kinda pointless having PTS since we can (and do) discuss political things in the other forums. All we need to do with the political discussions is decide if they're conspiracy or non-conspiracy related.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudCanadian

All we need to do with the political discussions is decide if they're conspiracy or non-conspiracy related.

I may not be the sharpest tack in the box, but I think ProudCanadian hit the nail squarely on the head with that single sentence.

Look at most threads which happen to mention the Gov't, or politics, in general on ATS. Most of the time, there is a conspiratorial twist on it.

It almost seems like PTS should only be a subforum of ATS, and not an entire board.

My $ .02

Mechanic 32.

new topics

top topics

join