It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Magick of Shapeshifting"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Also, I don't think a bite from a shifter will help.

Ok. I understand so far.

1. So how does "shape shifting" differ from Astral Projection?

2. Is shape shifting then not an incorrect term because there is no actual change in shape or form, but more a mental state, i.e. state of mind?

3. Do people show an affinity to one particular animal or would such a person change to a certain animal considering his mood? Or in other words why would a person always return to one shape/animal such as the case with "werewolves"? And on that point why are (were) wolves such a popular animal?

4. What would your abilities be as an animal? Would you be able to travel as an animal around your neighborhood and say, "eavesdrop" on people etc. in animal form? Or would you be able to join real animals of that kind and hunt/travel/"hang" with them and even understand them and communicate with them?

5. How would one go around "testing" if you have this ability or to develop it?

Edit: Spelling

[edit on 8-12-2005 by Gemwolf]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   

1. So how does "shape shifting" differ from Astral Projection?

I would say they are different because usually people who astral project see themselves as a person and not an animal. Shifters would shift into animal form after they have projected.

2. Is shape shifting then not an incorrect term because there is no actual change in shape or form, but more a mental state, i.e. state of mind?

I would agree here.....unless you really can change shape. That's why I like the term berzerker or shifter (not shape shifter)

3. Do people show an affinity to one particular animal or would such a person change to a certain animal considering his mood? Or in other words why would a person always return to one shape/animal such as the case with "werewolves"? And on that point why are (were) wolves such a popular animal?

Good question...I would say werewolves are so popular because of Hollywood. American Indian shifters chose the wolf because they reveered it, in my opinion.

4. What would your abilities be as an animal? Would you be able to travel as an animal around your neighborhood and say, "eavesdrop" on people etc. in animal form? Or would you be able to join real animals of that kind and hunt/travel/"hang" with them and even understand them and communicate with them?

Wouldn't it be great to find out. Seriously though....I really don't believe in physical shifting in this reality.

Like most things supernatural, I would say you probably couldn't...unless the person was a physical shifter and you filmed the shift or something.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MacMerdin
I would say they are different because usually people who astral project see themselves as a person and not an animal. Shifters would shift into animal form after they have projected.

Thus the "shifters" and astral projectors are basically on the same (astral) plane?

I would agree here.....unless you really can change shape. That's why I like the term berzerker or shifter (not shape shifter)

Would you say the Norse warriors the first to "create" or "invent" shifting?

Good question...I would say werewolves are so popular because of Hollywood. American Indian shifters chose the wolf because they reveered it, in my opinion.

Is there a connection between astronomy (star signs and constilations) and "shifting"? I.e. would a Leo typically shift to a lion, a Capricorn to a goat/ram, a gemini to a wolf, etc?

Wouldn't it be great to find out. Seriously though....I really don't believe in physical shifting in this reality.

OK, I understand. What I meant was what is your abilities on the other levels. Would you be able to go to physical places (thus not the "Astral plane") without you being a physical animal (i.e. but shifted as an animal on another level)? Would you really have extra-ordinary strength as the Normans believed they had when they "shifted"? What would your abilities be as an animal, compared to your abilities in human form (either on the astral plane) or shifting by using the energies around you or in a lucid dream?

Like most things supernatural, I would say you probably couldn't...unless the person was a physical shifter and you filmed the shift or something.

What I meant was, how would I know if I had the ability to "shift" and how would you go around trying to "shift"?

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Thus the "shifters" and astral projectors are basically on the same (astral) plane?

Yes.

Would you say the Norse warriors the first to "create" or "invent" shifting?

Maybe...but you can't rule out the Egyptians. You know..the half cat/half human beings in their art...not proven but maybe they believed in shifting.

Is there a connection between astronomy (star signs and constilations) and "shifting"? I.e. would a Leo typically shift to a lion, a Capricorn to a goat/ram, a gemini to a wolf, etc?

Not sure...but a good question.

OK, I understand. What I meant was what is your abilities on the other levels. Would you be able to go to physical places (thus not the "Astral plane") without you being a physical animal (i.e. but shifted as an animal on another level)? Would you really have extra-ordinary strength as the Normans believed they had when they "shifted"? What would your abilities be as an animal, compared to your abilities in human form (either on the astral plane) or shifting by using the energies around you or in a lucid dream?

As far as I'm aware...people say that when they are shifted mentally, their senses and ability to run are enhanced. And probably be able to travel in were form just as other people do when astrally projected.

What I meant was, how would I know if I had the ability to "shift" and how would you go around trying to "shift"?

I think everyone has the ability...as far as trying it....I would start by listening to a nature cd that has sounds of the animal in it and just let your mind wonder on it's own and see what happens. These questions keep getting harder and harder....thanks..it's making me think about it more

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   

These questions keep getting harder and harder....thanks..it's making me think about it more

You're welcome...

Have you tried and succeeded in shifting?

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Just lucid dream. I can't astrally project but would love to try it. Maybe mentally, but that could just be me being my crazy self

[edit on 9-12-2005 by MacMerdin]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join